members do not see advertisements

Do you think we will make the play-offs?

By poolsbestnumber 9 in

Blackpool FC

6 years ago
RE: Do you think we will make the play-offs?
By poolsbestnumber 9 6 years ago
Our whole season comes down to these next 2 home games. 6 points and we're back in the running. 2 or 3 points and it's going to be very hard to make the play offs. 0 points and it's "good night from him"
By daib0 6 years ago
yep, I'd bet on you being there, your manager has the mentality to get it done, and virtually all top teams are dropping loads of points, and some (like Cardiff) have had disastrous runs ...
By Themissingmillions 6 years ago
As it stands at the moment i am afraid it's a no from me.

That said we seriously need to win our next 3 home games and maybe take something at Reading away then yes it could be back on again.

By 911_Kirky 6 years ago
I would love to say yes, but after a poor run, off field antics and missing out on vital loanees - it just maybe a tall order........

Next game will tell if Ollie and the team want it enough.

By MR-DD 6 years ago
I think we will go up as champions
By seasider 6 years ago
MR-DD wrote:

I think we will go up as champions

That's taking optimism to the next level. I should have added automatic promotion to the poll just for you ;)

By bfcshorty 6 years ago
do not want to be a depressive, as much as i would love to see us getting automatic promotion i don't think that will happen, so our only hope is the play offs which i hope we get to but if our recent form does not change and fast i can see us being out of the play offs and only just in the top 10,
By rammyboy1973 6 years ago
we need to pull our socks up , and pretty sharpish , if we have any aspirations of going up .
By MR-DD 6 years ago
Whilst there is still a chance! I will always believe we can go up as Champions

Then once the chance has gone,we will go up as second place

Then once that chance has gone we will go up in the play offs

Believe people
By HOL 9000 6 years ago
Now I voted yes because I think we can if everyone brightens up, but it's fast becoming a bit of a long shot. Do I think we can get promoted if we do make the play-offs? I would probably vote no :(

MR D-D your not by any chance the poster Billy_Ayres_Tangerine_Army are you on AVFTT?

He keeps posting we will be going up automatically every week win lose or draw.

He's getting on my tits to be honest. :@ [no offence if it is you]
By MR-DD 6 years ago
No it's not me

I am "Oyston is king" and that is all

Billy Ayres Tangerine Army makes me laugh

At least he is a positive soul

By Rimm-BFC 6 years ago
I am going to be positive here and say yes we will make the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will get promoted though. I would love to be proved wrong. :cool:

By seasider 6 years ago
64% say Yes, 36% saying No.

Positivity is rife
That would be my worry Rimm, we actually sneak a play-off place but get beat either in the semi's or the final it'self.

Were no where near as strong a team as 2 years ago, against Forest and Cardiff i was 100% confident in both games this team seriously worries me, yes we can beat the best on the day but at the same time get pasted by an average side.
By MR-DD 6 years ago
I would be more nervous this time than the last I must agree with you there Themissingmillions
By HOL 9000 6 years ago
The poll says 'Can we reach the play-offs?' I suspect a smaller percentage actually believe we will.
By whitstabletangerine 6 years ago
We all know the squad can play some great football even against the best in this league, we can only hope Ollie can get through to them that we can do it now, while there is still time.

Excellent win yesterday and we played some great football, unfortunately it's still not changed my views about the play-offs and still think we will miss out.

However should we beat Leicester on Wednesday night and take something at Reading followed by a win against Southampton i just might change my views.
By pickering_hat_trick 6 years ago
I think we will make the play offs but I dont think we will reach the promised land again .What you to remember is that a lot of the top 10 teams have to play each other so if we play to our ability we can do it but its going to be tight.

UP THE POOL
By cheshire_tangerine 6 years ago
A yes from me (thumbs up icon , how do you get them from the icon bar to your post btw??

One place is going to be taken by the loser of the three horse automatic battle so thats either one of Southampton, Reading and West Ham.

Then it will be three from Birmingham, Blackpool, Boro, Hull, Brighton and Cardiff. I dont think Leeds are good enough and anyone below Leeds not consistant enough to get a decent run together IMO.

So 3 from 6 for me. I think Birmingham will make it. Boro are up and down and I dont think are as good as us. We're better than Brighton and Cardiff have been off the pace in their last half dozen games or so. Hull are in form and a threat.

So for me presently its one from the top three, Birmingham, the Mighty and Hull City.
cheshire_tangerine wrote:

A yes from me (thumbs up icon , how do you get them from the icon bar to your post btw??

One place is going to be taken by the loser of the three horse automatic battle so thats either one of Southampton, Reading and West Ham.

Then it will be three from Birmingham, Blackpool, Boro, Hull, Brighton and Cardiff. I dont think Leeds are good enough and anyone below Leeds not consistant enough to get a decent run together IMO.

So 3 from 6 for me. I think Birmingham will make it. Boro are up and down and I dont think are as good as us. We're better than Brighton and Cardiff have been off the pace in their last half dozen games or so. Hull are in form and a threat.

So for me presently its one from the top three, Birmingham, the Mighty and Hull City.

Preview your post then you get them :cool::D:shy::rolleyes:

By seasider 6 years ago

When you click the new reply, you get smiley options but not if you use the quick reply unless you type in the code for it such as 'colon end bracket'

However, there is no thumbs up smiley, but I get the feeling people would like this due to being asked more than once. Will check with Steed.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread so back on topic ;)

Can we have a Black Eye one :exclamation:
By cheshire_tangerine 6 years ago
Mick

I mean the ones in the band above the post (with the rainbow etc) I cant see to get them from that bar to the post.
By seasider 6 years ago
pickering_hat_trick wrote:

Can we have a Black Eye one :exclamation:

I will have a hunt but only Steed has the power.

Mick

I mean the ones in the band above the post (with the rainbow etc) I cant see to get them from that bar to the post.

They are not smilies Chesh, they are post icons that appear on the left hand side of the post. The built in smilies are on the left hand side when you are replying.

Sorry Chesh I dont know that one I have been trying myself :idea:[hr]

Cheers Seasider :cool:
By TippTango 6 years ago
Yes :D

By MR-DD 6 years ago
I think if we win 8 more out of the 9 remaining games we will go up automatic

BELIEVE
By seasider 6 years ago
MR-DD wrote:

I think if we win 8 more out of the 9 remaining games we will go up automatic

BELIEVE

You faaking nutter :P