members do not see advertisements

How was your day?

By seasider in

General Chat

5 years ago
RE: How was your day?
By seasider 5 years ago
A thread to show off to the world how amazing or shit your day was....

I'll start. Currently working in Swindon and now in my hotel room sweating like a pig. Highlight of my evening was ordering room service which was spaghetti meatballs. Going to be difficult to sleep tonight in this heat.

Overall, a shit day.
By Bally 5 years ago
Inside all day tiling. It was hot
By tangerine77 5 years ago
Working in Rochdale refurbing an empty house. I have been running in some cables in the loft where its been like a sauna, sweat and black soot are a horrible combination!
By Lancashirehotpot 5 years ago
You're in swindon Seasider. It couldn't get any worse. Seriously.
By Bally 5 years ago
Just watered the garden and Harry. Had to do it with the hose as the sprinkler is broken. Will have to pick up another one in the next couple of days if the weather forecast is to be believed.
By seasider 5 years ago
Lancashirehotpot wrote:You're in swindon Seasider. It couldn't get any worse. Seriously.
West Swindon at some De Vere. No air con which is making the room very sticky....
Open a Window
By seasider 5 years ago
The window will only open so far. Need one of those ice towels that Andy Murray had yesterday.
They will probably give you a fan if you ask at reception.
Another fortnight of it Bally. Sort of unfortunately. At least you've got a sea breeze...
Lancashirehotpot wrote:Another fortnight of it Bally. Sort of unfortunately. At least you've got a sea breeze...
If you miss the smell of fish so much, you know what to do:laugh:

Scratch and sniff
no, just the fresh, salty sea air! Weymouth just doesn't do it, too meh!

Me and mine have stayed inside, mostly, doors and windows open for that personal wind tunnel effect.
By OIAH 5 years ago
Earnt £109 because its so quiet, got 51 missed calls off some strange decent looking blondy.

Drank 4 pints and now going to find my narcotics I lost in my bedroom on Friday.

I hate Mondays.
By Bentent 5 years ago
Morning/early afternoon at work = shit

Late afternoon/early evening at beach and garden = cool

Result = hate work

Enjoy living!! :D
tangerine77 wrote:If you miss the smell of fish so much, you know what to do:laugh:

Scratch and sniff
What you do in your more private moments is up to you! :D
By whitstabletangerine 5 years ago
Another day in the life of a retired citizen, wandered into the garden this morning and fed the fish, followed by a walk to the shops and a look on here and AVFTT, to read the BFC news if any.

PM a flight on the simulator followed by a look on the news just to see if the Americans have invaded somewhere new, has the pound gone down against the dollar, because that will lead to dearer petrol prices.

Todays breaking news in this part of the world, that will possibly only cause a problem to one or two of you in the future is that next year the Dartford crossing on the M25 is doing away with cash tolls to speed up the traffic flow at the pay booths. In future you will be charged via number plate recognition cameras unless of course you don't tax your vehicle or you are foreign registered.
By seasider 5 years ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:Another day in the life of a retired citizen, wandered into the garden this morning and fed the fish, followed by a walk to the shops and a look on here and AVFTT, to read the BFC news if any.

PM a flight on the simulator followed by a look on the news just to see if the Americans have invaded somewhere new, has the pound gone down against the dollar, because that will lead to dearer petrol prices.

Todays breaking news in this part of the world, that will possibly only cause a problem to one or two of you in the future is that next year the Dartford crossing on the M25 is doing away with cash tolls to speed up the traffic flow at the pay booths. In future you will be charged via number plate recognition cameras unless of course you don't tax your vehicle or you are foreign registered.
Brilliant :D

PS. You love that flight simulator game don't you! ;)
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
The great British pastime, moaning about the weather, no matter what it's like outside.:D
By seasider 5 years ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:The great British pastime, moaning about the weather, no matter what it's like outside.:D
That advert was so true - moan when it's too cold, moan when it's too hot!
seasider wrote:That advert was so true - moan when it's too cold, moan when it's too hot!
No idea about any advert, just my own observation. Must be a cliché at this point if they are making ads about the topic.
By munkle 5 years ago
Righto - will probably get slated for this as I'm a jammy twat but here goes...

Woke up this morning with a hangover as I've spent the weekend at the Hyde Park gigs. Friday - Bon Jovi, Saturday - Stones, Sunday - Beach Boys. I got all the tickets for free (my mate owns a modelling agency and gets free tickets). Yes, we were there with a load of models. The answer to your next question is no, sadly not.

Rocked up to work this morning to find that three high paying deals have come through. Ate a bacon sandwich. Spent the rest of the day playing Freecell and browsing the web.

This evening, I've been at a private pre-Ashes dinner at Lord's with Andrew Strauss. Just got in, a bit pissed.
By foggy 5 years ago
munkle wrote:Righto - will probably get slated for this as I'm a jammy twat but here goes...

Woke up this morning with a hangover as I've spent the weekend at the Hyde Park gigs. Friday - Bon Jovi, Saturday - Stones, Sunday - Beach Boys. I got all the tickets for free (my mate owns a modelling agency and gets free tickets). Yes, we were there with a load of models. The answer to your next question is no, sadly not.

Rocked up to work this morning to find that three high paying deals have come through. Ate a bacon sandwich. Spent the rest of the day playing Freecell and browsing the web.

This evening, I've been at a private pre-Ashes dinner at Lord's with Andrew Strauss. Just got in, a bit pissed.
If anybody is wondering what that massive kerplunk was, it's Munkle name dropping Andrew Strauss.
By munkle 5 years ago
foggy wrote:If anybody is wondering what that massive kerplunk was, it's Munkle name dropping Andrew Strauss.
:D

That was my day. Haters gonna hate... ;)
By foggy 5 years ago
Your day just took a huge shit all over my day.
well played Munkle .. that's what I call one helluva weekend.
By louise_a 5 years ago
I had a good day yesterday, Spent the morning washing the curtains and in the afternoon me and my partner won our semi-final in the club 4BBB knockout, slept well too but woke up far too early this morning.
Nice one Louise! Curtains are a beggar to wash. Congratulations on winning too! Best of luck in the final! X
By blackpool ger 5 years ago
Ollivander wrote:Translated as :

I sold a lot of candy floss. My Mum never stopped pestering me, I had far too much to drink and I've lost my aspirin.
:D:D
By Magic147 5 years ago
Well, Munkle's a wanker isn't he! ;-)

I'm currently sat in a Beefeater next to the Premier Inn im staying at in Dundee whilst attending a mortgage adviser course due to run until Thursday.

I've just finished my evening meal of double beef burger with bacon and cheese, spicy chips and cheesy garlic bread on the side, washed down with a couple of pints of ice cold Guinness.

Yes, it is every bit as exciting as it sounds.

About to head back to the room for some chocolate and TV, followed by dreaming about Munkle's models.
By munkle 5 years ago
:D

They're not my models Magic. They're are their own, self-assured, Eastern European, size 6 modern women.

Do you know what makes me more of a wanker? We're doing the same next weekend - Elton on Friday and Lionel Ritchie on Sunday.

PS. Are you currently a mortgage adviser?