It's hard not to be shocked when you read our accounts. Will this happen again if we get promoted again? Or is it just nothing to do with the fans is it non of our business?
I'm not so sure this is at all bad. I'm not familiar with everything that has gone on, but from what I have read, it seems reasonable.

1. Oyston gets an £11 million bonus

Well, they have propped the club up for years now, probably spending a fair wedge of their own money in the process.

2. £6.5 million for the travel lodge

Good business in the long run, as it will provide a constant source of revenue even out of season.

3. £4.4 million for the new stadium.

Say what you like about hte quality of the stands, but 4.4 million seems like a bargain to me. If it was Oystons company that built them, then that is nothing strange, it happens all the time in the business world, specifically because of the value that can be gained. I have no problem with Oyston getting paid for them, just so long as we havn't actually paid for them twice.

4. £4.2 million loan repayed

If this is a personal loan, then that's pretty bad, but if it's a club loan then who in their right minds thinks that is bad business?

[quote='Sandgrown'un' pid='467' dateline='1331644525']

It's hard not to be shocked when you read our accounts. Will this happen again if we get promoted again? Or is it just nothing to do with the fans is it non of our business?

[/quote]

the natives over their , need to look at the shoite there in before commenting on us .................................................................... oh and by the way mosseypke you have/and are still being dry bummed by uncle trevor you tool ......
thesteed wrote:

I'm not so sure this is at all bad. I'm not familiar with everything that has gone on, but from what I have read, it seems reasonable.

1. Oyston gets an £11 million bonus

Well, they have propped the club up for years now, probably spending a fair wedge of their own money in the process.

2. £6.5 million for the travel lodge

Good business in the long run, as it will provide a constant source of revenue even out of season.

3. £4.4 million for the new stadium.

Say what you like about hte quality of the stands, but 4.4 million seems like a bargain to me. If it was Oystons company that built them, then that is nothing strange, it happens all the time in the business world, specifically because of the value that can be gained. I have no problem with Oyston getting paid for them, just so long as we havn't actually paid for them twice.

4. £4.2 million loan repayed

If this is a personal loan, then that's pretty bad, but if it's a club loan then who in their right minds thinks that is bad business?

[quote='Sandgrown'un' pid='467' dateline='1331644525']

[/quote]

The problem is no one knows if it's right or wrong because there's no transparency. How are fans to know who deserves what and at what interest loans are paid back? Will these record payments be paid year after year? Are the Oyston's not buying players because they are using thrift or do they just want the money for themselves? It is so very very confusing and quite understandable that fans are concerned.
sandy spot on m8 , a few decades ago they called it raping n pillaging , now it comes under creative accounting . will this bring an end to it , honest opinion NO . it would be nice to have some clear transparency but i wont hold my breath . us supporters are not allowed an-opinion .