members do not see advertisements

Tom Ince today

By tangerinejezza in

Blackpool FC

5 years ago
RE: Tom Ince today
By tangerinejezza 5 years ago
Couldn't stay on his feet . Poor crossing , every shot at goal went 6` wide!

Only saving grace was scoring the penalty
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
That sounds like tired legs.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

That sounds like tired legs.

Whatever it is , he was poor today!
continues after advertisement
By seasider 5 years ago
Cheesy got into an argument with Pool fans over Ince. He wanted him substituted. He was disappointing today and could have slipped Fuller in with a through ball but lost it.

Having said that he was man enough to take the pen.
By Bentent 5 years ago
He's got enough credit in the bank obviously

but he was poor today - nothing came off for him

and there was a collective groan when he didn't thread that ball through to Fuller
By tangerine77 5 years ago
Why would you take Ince off? The only player we have who is capable of winning a game on his own and you take him off? Ince was right, Cheesy was wrong.
By FY4MIKEH 5 years ago
He's greedy and fooking bone idle. Get £8 million in January for him. Thought Dobbie played well. Orr not sure about him.
By Bally 5 years ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Why would you take Ince off? The only player we have who is capable of winning a game on his own and you take him off? Ince was right, Cheesy was wrong.

Ince frightens the opposition every time he gets the ball. If he gets in the box they are scared of tackling him.

He's got to be on the pitch, there is no replacement
By Cheesyleps 5 years ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Because he thinks he is bigger than the team. Because he was shit today. Because he is damaging team spirit. Because it would be the wake up call he needs.

That's why you would substitute him today and nothing he did after their goals proved me wrong.

He spent the entire game flouncing around like a spoilt little brat. Crying whenever someone wouldn't pass to him, moaning when they did but the ball wasn't perfect, neglecting his defensive duties, failing to pass to players in better positions, running into blind alleys, taking ridiculous shots that went 10 yards wide and failing to find a pool player with a cross all afternoon.

We know the sun shines out of his arsehole but the problem is he knows it too. He knows that no matter how badly he plays he won't be substituted or dropped. He needs a mindset of 'I need to earn this shirt' drilling back into him and substituting him with 25 minutes to go would have sent that required message.

Our first 3 home games we were absolutely united as a team. Every player on that pitch fought their heart out for the results. There was no bitching at each other, no arguing amongst ourselves, just unity, hard work and perseverance. That just wasn't there today and it was down to a young lad wearing #11.

Throughout the match he was involved in full blown arguments with fuller (twice), ferguson, Broadfoot, Mckenzie and Basham. Tells you a lot.
Cheesyleps wrote:

Because he thinks he is bigger than the team. Because he was shit today. Because he is damaging team spirit. Because it would be the wake up call he needs.

That's why you would substitute him today and nothing he did after their goals proved me wrong.

He spent the entire game flouncing around like a spoilt little brat. Crying whenever someone wouldn't pass to him, moaning when they did but the ball wasn't perfect, neglecting his defensive duties, failing to pass to players in better positions, running into blind alleys, taking ridiculous shots that went 10 yards wide and failing to find a pool player with a cross all afternoon.

We know the sun shines out of his arsehole but the problem is he knows it too. He knows that no matter how badly he plays he won't be substituted or dropped. He needs a mindset of 'I need to earn this shirt' drilling back into him and substituting him with 25 minutes to go would have sent that required message.

Our first 3 home games we were absolutely united as a team. Every player on that pitch fought their heart out for the results. There was no bitching at each other, no arguing amongst ourselves, just unity, hard work and perseverance. That just wasn't there today and it was down to a young lad wearing #11.

Throughout the match he was involved in full blown arguments with fuller (twice), ferguson, Broadfoot, Mckenzie and Basham. Tells you a lot.

Wow, didnt expect that as a reply. Comes across as if you just dont like him, bit like warriorpool and GTF.
I've no issue with him in general mate, his performance today just annoyed me.

I think he is incredibly talented, I think he has great potential and I'm made up he plays in tangerine. However, he needs to be careful not to become another royston drenthe. Needs to play for the team or he will never fulfill his potential.
By Womble 5 years ago
I think that is a balanced and accurate assessment from Chessyleps. The only point I would make to add to that is that the only positive of keeping him on was that they were doubling up on him and in theory that should of left a space elsewhere, however if we couldn't utilise that space, or Ince wouldnt pass the ball to that space then he shouldn't of stayed on the pitch, if he wasn't the managers son, Id expect he would of been subbed and rested for a game or two. He doesn't play for the shirt, he plays for himself, and only when he can be bothered.
By FY4MIKEH 5 years ago
Cheesy you were spot on with your assessment, he needs to put a fucking shift in and stop sulking.
continues after advertisement
I can completely understand the counter-argument as put forward by Chris and Paul, but I think it would have served a dual purpose. Not only as a kick up the arse for Tom, but I think it would have done a lot for Paul in the eyes of the rest of the squad too.

Hope to see him fired up and back to his best against the dog-botherers on Friday.
By XOWS_13 5 years ago
dont usually do this but got to say Cheesy is spot on, on this one!
By klubb29 5 years ago
Wasn't at the game so can't say about today but the boy needs to get real good player but to make it at the next level needs to read the game more and realize it's not all about him
By southshore_seasider 5 years ago
Cheesy is spot on. I found myself shouting 'take him off' today after he ran down yet another blind ally, and I have never even thought of that before. Immediately regretted it with the stares aimed in my direction, so good to know I wasn't alone.

on a more positive note, really impressed with how well Dobbie slotted in. But then again worried how crap we looked when he and fuller came off. Did Davies do anything when he came on? Looked completely outplayed and out muscled, one for the future maybe...
By seasider 5 years ago
Good review South Shore. The worry is Davies is one for now or at least he should be. Can't see where the goals are coming from if Davies plays a lone striker. I imagine he was playing in a two for Bristol City last season? Perhaps he is one of the players who doesn't look good but gets in the right positions to score goals. Unsure at present.
By LCFC FOX 5 years ago
Was in Koncheskey's back pocket
LCFC FOX wrote:

Was in Koncheskey's back pocket

To be honest I don't think he was . He's been playing like that for a few games now .
southshore_seasider wrote:

Cheesy is spot on. I found myself shouting 'take him off' today after he ran down yet another blind ally, and I have never even thought of that before. Immediately regretted it with the stares aimed in my direction, so good to know I wasn't alone.

on a more positive note, really impressed with how well Dobbie slotted in. But then again worried how crap we looked when he and fuller came off. Did Davies do anything when he came on? Looked completely outplayed and out muscled, one for the future maybe...

Why not try encouraging, its pathetic that you would shout that given he practically kept the club up. Whats worse is people agree with you.
By Womble 5 years ago
Tbf even towards the end of the season he started slacking, not tracking back, tantruming if he didnt get what he wanted on the pitch. He is a player and a few good games does not mean he is exempt from ever being subbed or even dropped.
By FY4MIKEH 5 years ago
Womble wrote:

Tbf even towards the end of the season he started slacking, not tracking back, tantruming if he didnt get what he wanted on the pitch. He is a player and a few good games does not mean he is exempt from ever being subbed or even dropped.

Well said womble. He thinks he's bigger than BFC.....think again Tom.
By southshore_seasider 5 years ago
Don't dare have a go at sir tom
By blackpool ger 5 years ago
I must admit I was thinking he should of been subsituted but let's face it he is a game changer and can turn it on in a blink off an eye. I honestly thought he would miss the pen as he was having a bad day but good on him to step up and take it and more importantly score. Maybe he needs a kick up the arse and be dropped to a sub on friday but will his dad do that and want to do that as he is a confidence player and dropping him might dent his confidence a bit.
By S88bfc 5 years ago
He wasn't like that under Holloway, only since his dad took over has he started turning into a diva.

Still a match winner though so unless he is knackered he has to play. Just cut the arm swing out.
You just cant take him off, even if he is having a mare he still has 2 men marking him.
By FY4MIKEH 5 years ago
Would just like to see his work rate upped. Agree he can turn a game in the blink of an eye.
By LCFC FOX 5 years ago
Who's the player who looks identical to Tom Ince? only noticed it wasn't Tom Ince when the players came out and the player I was looking at was in fact a sub
By tangerinespud 5 years ago
Agree with what your saying Cheesy about Junior Ince. Dramatic petulen gestures etc mouthing off, sulking. Thought on Saturday he wasn't as stroppy as he has displayed previously? Nothing like the back end of last season?

Dyer cut Orr to bits early on but Ince did help him out well enough after that?

Also a lot of people saying 2 best players on Saturday were Robinson & Konckesky? They stifled the wingers well?