IAN Holloway has vowed the Seasiders will put “a week of absolute nonsense” behind them and get back to winning ways.

The boss also insists neither he nor his players will use the off-field issues as an excuse for poor results.

Holloway’s men looked well set for a Championship play-off place during a 10-game unbeaten start to the year, when they beat promotion rivals Middlesbrough and Cardiff.

But form has dipped in recent weeks, coinciding with revelations about payments from the club to owner Owen Oyston which led to supporters chanting “give us our club back” during Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Peterborough.

Holloway insists the negative publicity cannot become a convenient excuse for Pool taking four points from the last 15 and slipping out of the top six.

The manager said: “Just about everything that could have gone wrong at Peterborough did go wrong. But whether off-the-field issues had an effect on it ... that is just excuses for me.

“We were to blame on the day ... me and my team. I spoke about my tactics. I knew what I wanted to do. I didn’t see my team do it.

“But we haven’t had many of those bad days since I have been at the club. Unfortunately, performances like that are an occupational hazard. When they happen, you have to stay solid and strong, and get on with it.

“We’ve got to stick together in that dressing room and not listen to anything being written or said by others."

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/ollie-chance-is-still-there-1-4342398

Love Ian Holloway to bits

Now is the time for our season to start

Lets get this "best trip" back on the road again

UTP
If we can beat Brighton and manage to keep a clean sheet i might just start to believe in him.