Mark Duggan, whose death sparked riots in England in 2011, was lawfully killed by police, an inquest jury has said by a majority of 8 to 2.

The 29-year-old was shot dead by armed officers in August 2011 in Tottenham, north London.

Following the verdict at the Royal Courts of Justice, his aunt Carole Duggan said her nephew had been "executed".

Mr Duggan's brother Shaun Hall said: "We still fight for justice."

Jurors concluded Mr Duggan did not have a gun when he was shot by officers.

They also said it was more likely than not that Mr Duggan had thrown a gun from a taxi just before he was killed. The weapon was found about 20ft (6m) away from the scene.

The panel of seven women and three men said police had not done enough to gather and react to intelligence about the possibility of Mr Duggan collecting a gun from Kevin Hutchinson-Foster, who has since been found guilty of supplying the firearm.

But the jury said the taxi had been stopped in a location and in a way that "minimised to the greatest extent possible recourse to lethal force".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25657949

Let's hope it doesn't erupt again!
Let me get this right, others will know more than me about this...

A known mid-level drug dealer, in possession of a firearm, is shot by armed police officers, and we need an inquest to tell us whether it was a lawful killing or not?

I don't get it.
I doubt anyone would have batted an eyelid had it not caused those riots.
I am not so sure about that Steed, there are some agenda driven individuals who would have a go at the police and establishment at any opportunity, some in the media, civil rights lawyers and the odd parliamentarian.
His shooting was the excuse for the shopping riots (as the French called it )

His death was just an excuse as most who went on the shopping riots hadn't got a clue who he was .
Family banging on about justice now - weren't too fussed about justice when he was running round dealing drugs with a gun were they?
Expect more riots
MR-DD wrote:

Expect more riots

Shopping!

On their thinking , to get ince out we all go and nic a 60" telly from curry's
MR-DD wrote:

Expect more riots

You after a new TV?
poolsbestnumber 9 wrote:

You after a new TV?

If you grab me one i will sort you out a score
MR-DD wrote:

If you grab me one i will sort you out a score

They would never have taken as many if they were all CRT type telly's
Apparently a few supporters gathered outside Tottenham police station. No riots though

Scroats the lot of them. Get me a 52 inch, pay you soon, in the next riots, ask your cous, the thing will come through.
Apparently, Duggan's aunt has urged 'no violence' after the verdict.

Maybe if she'd done the same to Duggan he'd still be alive.
TheSteed wrote:

Apparently, Duggan's aunt has urged 'no violence' after the verdict.

Maybe if she'd done the same to Duggan he'd still be alive.

Bang on.
seasider wrote:

Apparently a few supporters gathered outside Tottenham police station. No riots though

They look like they are only sad because Duggan isn't around to sell them more drugs. Burn in hell you rotten piece of human garbage.
The boy was a pile of shit and deserved to die! Look at the dog of a mother. Rough as Foook!

Edit: Because racist, that's why.
Certainly hard to feel any empathy towards the bloke or his family. Did you see his rap sheet? Suspected of at least 3 murders. Seems society won't be missing this particular gentleman...

The family and friends also shouted threats to the jury so says a lot about them.
Duggan’s uncle was the late Desmond ‘Dessie’ Noonan, whose feared family are ‘major players’ in the crime underworld.

Mark Duggan regularly spent time with Noonan before the crime boss was stabbed to death in 2005 at the age of 46 by a Jamaican enforcer working for a Yardie drug gang.

Dublin-born Noonan dominated the Manchester underworld in the 1990s and made numerous appearances in court charged with violence.

There was a TV documentary called ‘Gangster’ in 2005, on film in his own words Noonan said his family were untouchables. He said: ‘We have a lot of strong loyal people around us. We will always have that. If they think they (the police) can take one of us out, they are silly people, very silly people.’

He also boasted: ‘I’ve got a bigger army than the police. We have more guns than the police.’ He went on to hint that he was responsible for 27 murders.
Ragnarok wrote:

Duggan’s uncle was the late Desmond ‘Dessie’ Noonan, whose feared family are ‘major players’ in the crime underworld.

Mark Duggan regularly spent time with Noonan before the crime boss was stabbed to death in 2005 at the age of 46 by a Jamaican enforcer working for a Yardie drug gang.

Dublin-born Noonan dominated the Manchester underworld in the 1990s and made numerous appearances in court charged with violence.

There was a TV documentary called ‘Gangster’ in 2005, on film in his own words Noonan said his family were untouchables. He said: ‘We have a lot of strong loyal people around us. We will always have that. If they think they (the police) can take one of us out, they are silly people, very silly people.’

He also boasted: ‘I’ve got a bigger army than the police. We have more guns than the police.’ He went on to hint that he was responsible for 27 murders.

I remember that documentary , untouchables is correct , quite scary stuff really

:eeek:
Ragnarok wrote:

That should never be :grayno:

Trouble is over his death the public have just seen an another example of a policeman telling blatant lies (Andrew Mitchell) so even though a jury of his peers found it a legal killing doubts will linger in people's minds.

There is to be a vigil today outside of Tottenham Police Station....I fervently hope there will be no trouble

Made me laugh listening to the family calling for calm after the way they behaved outside of the court on the day of the verdict.:angryfire: