By seasider in

General Chat

6 years ago
RE: Moderator Election 2012-2013 Season
By seasider 6 years ago
[size=x-large]
Moderator Elections 2012-2013
[/size]

As some of you know, last season we did a moderator election which went very well and Mr DD won the votes. At the time, we said that this position would have to be re-elected for the following next season and this time is now.

The reason for this is simple. It's giving the users the choice of who they think will represent them best and more importantly the forum in general.

Moderator duties will include:

Because of the growth, we are going to let Mr DD continue in his role but open the door to a new moderator via an election process. If any current moderators want to step down, then this will be reflected in how many positions are available. Hopefully no one wants to step down though!

Some rules:

Voting timescale and what to do

First of all, people need to reply in this thread if they want their name being put forward into a voting poll. Please give a reason why people should vote for you. This might include any ideas for the forum, why you think you'd be good as a moderator, how much time you would put into it, etc

This is open now until 17th June. On this date, the members who have volunteered in this thread will be put into a poll where members can vote for who they want as moderator. On the 24th June, the poll will close and the winner will become moderator.

Remember this is only a bit of fun but quite serious at the same time as it will determine how the forum is run!

Thanks all

Admin
By FY4MIKEH 6 years ago
put me down seasider thanks
By seasider 6 years ago
Will do Mike. I have changed it slightly - Apologies I did this after you had posted. Members who want to put their name forward need to reply in this thread and give a reason why members should vote for them. This might include any ideas for the forum, why you think you'd be good as a moderator, etc
By FY4MIKEH 6 years ago
seasider wrote:

Will do Mike. I have changed it slightly - Apologies I did this after you had posted. Members who want to put their name forward need to reply in this thread and give a reason why members should vote for them. This might include any ideas for the forum, why you think you'd be good as a moderator, etc

People should vote for me because I am a caring,well mannered,mindfull of others individual, who brings to this forum a sense of decency that all makes for good humoured banter with my fellow posters who are only doing this for the good of BFC and because I have the time to spend many hours sharing my interlect in all things Pool and other off topic matters.
By MR-DD 6 years ago
:thumbsup:
By MR-DD 6 years ago
:thumbsup:
By Platos 6 years ago
If you get in would I have moderate you westlancs. :D
By FY4MIKEH 6 years ago
westlancsunsocialclub wrote:

Of course not Platos, and remember Vote WLUC not Mike:D

VOTE FY4MIKEH YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.:thumbsup:
By kidder 6 years ago
Out with all and vote for RB ME RAmmy973 and 3610 oh and that's just my today list lol
By Platos 6 years ago
kidder wrote:

Out with all and vote for RB ME RAmmy973 and 3610 oh and that's just my today list lol

Your list may be to long kidder.:D
By FY4MIKEH 6 years ago
Platos for Prime Minister.:thumbsup:
By Platos 6 years ago
FY4MIKEH wrote:

Platos for Prime Minister.:thumbsup:

No please I am not good at fiddling money.:D

Meetings will have to be held at Fleetwood model flying club as well. That will take some of my stick time.
By FY4MIKEH 6 years ago
Platos wrote:

No please I am not good at fiddling money.:D

Meetings will have to be held at Fleetwood model flying club as well. That will take some of my stick time.

KO will give you some tips platos,we could move the meetings to the Promenade Holdings Club whilst he trains you.:laugh:
By Phil_bfc 6 years ago
Right then I'm going to put myself up for election

Just so Westlancs cant get in, in a similar sort of way to that geezer in Cheshire a couple of years ago at the General Election

I don't have as much time as Westlancs and I don't post as much as him, but I do feel its quality over quantity

Anyway nothing personal old bean

Phil

By MR-DD 6 years ago
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck everyone
By rammyboy1973 6 years ago
phillip , you get my vote .utmp ...........ps no marigolds please
By Phil_bfc 6 years ago
Can somebody run a book on it ?
4/6 phil ,,,,,,,,,,,evens fy4mike ....................2/1westey ..............anothers 5/2
By foggy 6 years ago
Ill put my name forward, just so I can improve on last time when I had only posted a bit and got about 2 votes. So 3 this time and Im happy. Oh yeah and ill be a reet good mod and that.
By MR-DD 6 years ago
Good Luck :thumbsup:
By Phil_bfc 6 years ago
No way am I favorite !

I've got the lowest post count by far

By MR-DD 6 years ago
But you are the voice of truth and reason
westey if you happen to win as a good will gesture NO MORE USER NAMES ANYWHERE .? .............
By foggy 6 years ago
Phil is a controversial one, depends if there is any middle of the road voters who are intimidated by his extremist views;)
By Phil_bfc 6 years ago
Extremist !!

You make me sound like Abul Hamza
you a Marxist phil
By Phil_bfc 6 years ago
I'm more of a liberal

Anyway I'm off to Finsbury Park mosque to canvas opinion for my forthcoming election
By seasider 6 years ago
Finally this thread comes to life! I am away in Tenerife next week so need the other mods to push this. Just a reminder that results go into a poll a week on Sunday.

Also, forget moderator tasks. This role will just be content management for now. Just a background for those who don't already know.

Cheesy is the match day thread and prediction league organiser

Louise is forum awards and other adhoc events.

Mr DD is well..... Mr DD

Munkle has work commitments so is just looking over content.

Me and Steed are the admin and whilst I look over content and organise forums, etc, Steed is the developer who listens to feedback on bugs, suggestions, etc.

By Phil_bfc 6 years ago
Nothing personal friend !

Anyway how can we be real friends if you won't tell me your real name ?
By MR-DD 6 years ago
members do not see advertisements