tangerinejezza wrote:

Very sad at what's happened. Feels really bad for the fans. And reading between the lines would only come back if the set up was right. If he didn't feel he could do a job he won't go to a club.

I think that was him saying no , as the club as it is now.




Came across like that to me too

I think he is open to it but like you say only if the conditions are right which they clearly are not at the moment.

He was quite diplomatic as he obviously doesn't want to burn bridges and at the end of the day wants a managers job somewhere plus the lure of Blackpool as he obviously loves the fans and I think the town in general.
tangerinejezza wrote:

Very sad at what's happened. Feels really bad for the fans. And reading between the lines would only come back if the set up was right. If he didn't feel he could do a job he won't go to a club.

I think that was him saying no , as the club as it is now.





Perhaps what Mike said wasn't true
seasider wrote:

I think Will is letting his heart rule his head on this one...



http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/will-watt-only-one-man-can-save-blackpool-1-7254099





Spot the difference:



Gazette online:

"And to be fair to Clark he can't be blamed for trying to change things. He wanted a full-time fitness coach, he wanted the right staff and a decent level of players.



If Holloway isn't possible, then I'd suggest Pool opt for a former player, someone who the fans respect.



Just as crucially, there needs to be a return to a core of Blackpool FC people in the set-up, the tactic of allowing managers to clear out the back room staff hasn't worked.



A start with back room team would be a return of popular coach Steve Thompson, with the likes of Brett Ormerod and Trevor Sinclair on the market. There's also no doubt the club have missed a Matt Williams type character to bring it all together."



Actual paper purchased this morning:

"And to be fair to Clark he can't be blamed for trying to change things. He wanted a full-time fitness coach, he wanted the right staff and a decent level of players.



He also, crucially, asked for a return of Matt Williams to the club, the man who did so much off the field during the club's rise to the Premier League.



If Holloway isn't possible, then I'd suggest Pool opt for a former player, someone who the fans respect.........."



Interesting change?
Spielmacher 10 wrote:



Spot the difference:



Gazette online:

"And to be fair to Clark he can't be blamed for trying to change things. He wanted a full-time fitness coach, he wanted the right staff and a decent level of players.



If Holloway isn't possible, then I'd suggest Pool opt for a former player, someone who the fans respect.



Just as crucially, there needs to be a return to a core of Blackpool FC people in the set-up, the tactic of allowing managers to clear out the back room staff hasn't worked.



A start with back room team would be a return of popular coach Steve Thompson, with the likes of Brett Ormerod and Trevor Sinclair on the market. There's also no doubt the club have missed a Matt Williams type character to bring it all together."



Actual paper purchased this morning:

"And to be fair to Clark he can't be blamed for trying to change things. He wanted a full-time fitness coach, he wanted the right staff and a decent level of players.



He also, crucially, asked for a return of Matt Williams to the club, the man who did so much off the field during the club's rise to the Premier League.



If Holloway isn't possible, then I'd suggest Pool opt for a former player, someone who the fans respect.........."



Interesting change?





Is this the difference?



He also, crucially, asked for a return of Matt Williams to the club, the man who did so much off the field during the club's rise to the Premier League.

I have posted before about former "heroes" returning. The one thing I would not like to see is the fan's turning against one of these lads because of Oyston.
"Fissol ‏@FriskiFiski 12m12 minutes ago



I'm told Holloway has been given the BFC job tonight"
I don't think he will work out a second time. He's clearly burnt out
"I'm told" .... can't get much more vague than that.
Really hope not
I hope it's not true, Ollie will be on a hiding to nothing.

Maybe Oyston thinks he can do a repeat and claim another windfall.
Everyone is saying the same ...hope not. It's sad that it's come to that, but we know that the return of Holloway would be a cynical attempt to sell some tickets and turn the angry fans around. Fuck you Oyston.
This ^

Bide your time, Ollie, if indeed you are even vaguely thinking about it.
If he has been given/taken the job that makes him as bad as the Oystons in my opinion as it is a clear sign in trying to get fans to buy Season Tickets and Holloway must be involved in it. Let's remember what triggered this downward spiral it all started with Holloway walking out on us.
I don't blame Ollie one bit for leaving, in fact I thank him for putting up with their shit for so long - he should have left earlier.



I don't think he'd allow himself to be used in this way though, I certainly hope not.
So he couldn't work with them before but he can now? What's changed? No-one wants him now that's what's changed. His appointment would make no difference to me in fact it would probably make my hatred of anyone to do with the running of the club even stronger.
If true please Ollie don't take it. Don't fall for his lies again... remember the training ground one!.



Come back when they have gone and not before
rocky64 wrote:

I don't think he will work out a second time. He's clearly burnt out





He was a pundit on BT sport at the weekend and looked fit and well, cracking jokes with the presenter ect,it seems with Holloway he gets depressed easily but snaps out of it quickly too.

For the record I don't want him back.
blackpool ger wrote:

So he couldn't work with them before but he can now? What's changed? No-one wants him now that's what's changed. His appointment would make no difference to me in fact it would probably make my hatred of anyone to do with the running of the club even stronger.





I don't think he will be appointed, he might look it but he's not that daft I don't think.



I can't understand any I'll feeling towards Ollie, worked miracles under the most ridiculous restrictions, and did what no one has managed to do since and probably won't again.



Yes he left for Palace, but can you honestly blame him, especially with what's come to light since?
Part of me wants him back because at the end of the day he knows how to manage and get players motivated unlike his predecessors. However, not ideal circumstances for a return, that's for sure.
I have the greatest respect for him and what he done here was nothing short of a Miracle but if he came back and worked under the Oystons then that respect will be lost no-one should be that desperate for a job apart from Lee Clark :) and he certainly doesn't need the money surely. Oystons haven't changed since he was here in fact they probably have changed they have become worse.
The way he left was wrong , not the fact he left.

Maybe koko knows the results this appointment will cause.

( not results on the pitch , but results of fans falling out ).

So my opinion is yes I'd have him back .

But only the day after that family have left the club forever.
blackpool ger wrote:

If he has been given/taken the job that makes him as bad as the Oystons in my opinion as it is a clear sign in trying to get fans to buy Season Tickets and Holloway must be involved in it. Let's remember what triggered this downward spiral it all started with Holloway walking out on us.







He always was as bad....He never really backed the fans.



http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/holloway-leaps-to-oyston-s-defence-1-3750913
tangerinejezza wrote:

The way he left was wrong , not the fact he left.

Maybe koko knows the results this appointment will cause.

( not results on the pitch , but results of fans falling out ).

So my opinion is yes I'd have him back .

But only the day after that family have left the club forever.





And Holloway would know this as well so as I said if he came back while the Oystons still owned the club it would make him as bad as the Family we hate and he would be involved in trying to dupe the supporters in to buying Season Tickets and be asked to work of a shoestring budget nothing would change.
Tangibility wrote:





He always was as bad....He never really backed the fans.



http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/holloway-leaps-to-oyston-s-defence-1-3750913





I had forgot about that article. There's your proof then he will be next Blackpool manager and he will be happy to work under the Oyston restraints and be happy to take the piss out of the Fans who will jump on the Holloway Revolution.
Agree with magic on this one don't blame him for leaving one bit but if he returns he won't get my support.
Perhaps it's contradictory, but I always got the impression that Ollie defended Karl in order to massage his ego so he could get what he wanted from him.



Whereas Clark was just a fucking idiot.
Ollie did always defend KOKO, even having a pop at the fans on a few occasions!
“Some of the flak, from what I’ve read, is wide of the mark. Some fans seem to think the money we’ve earned belongs to the club. It doesn’t.



“The club belongs to its owners and its owners can do what they like with it, so if I was a supporter I would support my team.





Tosser
Blackpool_Fan wrote:

Why will Ollie not happen Folks?





Health and well being, Ollie is an emotional man faced with no backing and a crowd against the owners No cahnce
If he is coming back it will be interesting to see what resources and assurances he has got from the Os. MW was also supposed to have talked to the Os a couple of weeks ago but it came to nothing (public statement on commitment to Shrewsbury). He was also part of the jigsaw but it would only work now if he was CX with a decent budget to work with and KO having no day to day involvement