members do not see advertisements

100 million for this ...

By GynnSquarePhoenix in

General Chat

3 years ago
RE: 100 million for this ...
By GynnSquarePhoenix 3 years ago
Someone is expected to bid 100 million pounds for this Picasso painting today. You could buy our football, club, the stadium, a new training ground and sign a team that would piss promotion...or hang this on your wall.

By Bally 3 years ago
I love Boobies.
By Cheesyleps 3 years ago
He was fucking shit at drawing. Her fists are bigger than her face!

I don't care what experts and critics say, the whole concept of modern art is a massive pile of Wank.
By Bentent 3 years ago
I agree with Bally though
By Bally 3 years ago
Cheesyleps wrote:

He was fucking shit at drawing. Her fists are bigger than her face!

Perhaps she's a transsexual
By Magic147 3 years ago
Most "art" just comes across to me as either painted by a complete lunatic or someone heavily under the influence of unknown substances.
By rocky64 3 years ago
Magic147 wrote:

Most "art" just comes across to me as either painted by a complete lunatic or someone heavily under the influence of unknown substances.

You think so? I remember the first time they tried to get me clean, there was weekly sessions with others in the same boat on one of these days they suggested we paint together. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. It was like a supervised come down where we was all expected to paint our feelings.

I left there and went straight to a crack house single most depressing experience ever.

But you see this is what they do and now I know people who have been on the same program who still use but now paint there feelings grrrrr

Art is subjective in fact this here is art
By Magic147 3 years ago
A lot of the most popular music is written under the influence, same for art I'd imagine.
By Bally 3 years ago
All the great poets and authors were junkies. Keats, Shelly, Coleridge, Byron, Dickens were all at it.
By CheshireSeasider 3 years ago
Edgar Allan Poe enjoyed a fair bit of the old absinthe.
By daib0 3 years ago
Here's another -

Canvas Painted Blue with a White Line Sells for $44 Million

http://twentytwowords.com/canvas-painted-blue-with-a-white-line-sells-for-nearly-44-million-4-pictures

Wtf, why would anyone pay 44 million for that. Just get a painter and decorator in and ask him to paint your wall blue !!
By Lancashirehotpot 3 years ago
Should have used masking tape, at least the edges would've been sharper, but then maybe he was expressing his dislike for vapour trails from planes, as they slice through the sky.
By tangerinejezza 3 years ago
Bally wrote:

All the great poets and authors were junkies. Keats, Shelly, Coleridge, Byron, Dickens were all at it.

Pam Ayres?
By Bally 3 years ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Pam Ayres?

I've heard she's addicted to cock
The hammer went down at 119 million pounds for the Picasso boobies painting.
Magic147 wrote:

I've always liked Monet (cataracts, I believe) and Gainsborough (as a child, 'Girl on a swing' just appealed to me, loved how her shoe had fallen off) All down to the colours used, nothing verbosely gushing!
The few times I've been lucky enough to walk around world class galleries, I've found myself stopped by stuff that turned out to be by Rembrandt. These modern art jokers wouldn't have a clue how to capture the cloth in this turban.

daib0 wrote:

Here's another -

Canvas Painted Blue with a White Line Sells for $44 Million

http://twentytwowords.com/canvas-painted-blue-with-a-white-line-sells-for-nearly-44-million-4-pictures

Wtf, why would anyone pay 44 million for that. Just get a painter and decorator in and ask him to paint your wall blue !!

Newman overwhelms and seduces the viewer with the totality of its sensual, cascading washes of vibrant blue coexisting with Newman’s vertical “Sign” of the human presence, his iconic and revolutionary “zip.”

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

The few times I've been lucky enough to walk around world class galleries, I've found myself stopped by stuff that turned out to be by Rembrandt. These modern art jokers wouldn't have a clue how to capture the cloth in this turban.

Stunning. That is real art.
I'm actually quite captivated by this painting. Love the muted shades in the turban (GSP, there is SO much fine work in there) Makes me wonder what is the story behind this. Guess I'll be doing some research tomorrow :)
It's title is 'A Turk'. A Dutch Masterpiece.