members do not see advertisements

fondest memories

By classicfooty in

Blackpool FC

3 years ago
RE: fondest memories
By classicfooty 3 years ago
would love to hear about your fondest memories of watching the seasiders young or old
By tangerinejezza 3 years ago
Stan raby painting the mud green last season.:thumbsup:
By Lancashirehotpot 3 years ago
:D
By yongrimble 3 years ago
I think classicfooty is more interested in selling some programmes, and cares not a fig for fond memories
By seasider 3 years ago
Fans holding up Billy Ayre after we won the play off semi final to reach Wembley. That memory lives on.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 3 years ago
Removed the link, but we can still use the thread ....
By tangerine77 3 years ago
Sammy brown pants shutting the blinds to keep them nasty Blackpool fans out. If i can't see them they can't get me.

By Tangerinenick 3 years ago
Loads n loads

first one that came to mind that amazing Blackpool V Blackburn game ..... step up Bob Hatton.
By ludlowe 3 years ago
Southampton 1 Blackpool 5 1966/67 Ray Charnley hat trick and watching Tony Green one of the best midfielders ive ever seen, was proud that day.
By thetruth1953 3 years ago
Not one for the purists but do other posters remember us playing Rotherham in the eighties

I think it was the L,D,V competition it was on a Tuesday we were getting beat 3-0 or 3-1 and it looked allover for us

Then the second half started and we started to play unbelievably well and beat them 4-3
I'll pick one the many Suddick benders. Decades before Beckham or any other practitioner of the art, he used to leave defenders and goalies baffled. Everyone in the ground knew what was about to happen. We even gave the defense a chance by chanting "ooo it's a bender" as soon as the free kick was given. We may as well have added "and there's fuck all you can do about it".
By bpoolkev1966 3 years ago
Stuffing the Dingles 5-2 at home also The Bamber Garner argument against Barnet in the second leg play-off at home. Running on the pitch when Mickey Walsh scored his goal of the season
By crossy73 3 years ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

Not one for the purists but do other posters remember us playing Rotherham in the eighties

I think it was the L,D,V competition it was on a Tuesday we were getting beat 3-0 or 3-1 and it looked allover for us

Then the second half started and we started to play unbelievably well and beat them 4-3

I remember that game, and it was the LDV or whatever it was called back then
By Qblock87 3 years ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

I was there. Gary Brook, a local lad to me here in Yorkshire got a couple I think. We were 3-1 down at half-time.
By Ex steward wiv d hairdo 3 years ago
Autoglass auto windshield trophy me thinks matey
By Bally 3 years ago
1975. The Battle of Bloomfield

When a handful of gallant heroes took on The Red Army.

Pool hosted Man U in a div2 game. You had to be there to appreciate how brave those lads were.
By thetruth1953 3 years ago
I didn,t go to the Manure game but was on a no, 15 bus going to Derby baths that day

Thousands streamed out of North station and inevitably tried to turn the bus over

That game was the first that "benny " went to

He got a bloody nose loved it and took to football violence in a massive way
By seasider 3 years ago
Surely the ultimate would be the Fred Pickering hat trick.
By Bally 3 years ago
seasider wrote:

Surely the ultimate would be the Fred Pickering hat trick.

Great night. There must have been over 100 of us getting on an already full train at Layton.
By The Outcast 3 years ago
The Yeovil final

I was the only northerner and only Blackpool fan in a pub of Yeovil fans sat on my own in the corner smiling smugly and making the odd sarcastic comment to the Yeovil fans lol
By Bally 3 years ago
I'll bet they ignored you
No they threatened me for some odd reason they didn't see the funny side so the landlady recommended I leave for he say lol was amusing at the time. Well I found it funny
Alcohol makes people angry
By Tango'd 3 years ago
Bally wrote:

Pool hosted Man U in a div2 game. You had to be there to appreciate how brave those lads were.

I was a 17yr old youf in the scratching sheds that day and there certainly was a lot of 'toing & froing' :thumbsup:
By david123 3 years ago
For me it will probably always be the Semi against Nottingham Forest.

Surreal atmosphere. I have never heard noise like it.
The Outcast wrote:

No they threatened me for some odd reason they didn't see the funny side so the landlady recommended I leave for he say lol was amusing at the time. Well I found it funny

You should have told her you have mental health issues.
david123 wrote:

For me it will probably always be the Semi against Nottingham Forest.

Surreal atmosphere. I have never heard noise like it.

That was like a library compared to St Andrews when Birmingham made it 2-2 in the play off semi. I have never heard noise so loud in my life, my ears were hurting.
Bally wrote:

I bravely watched that match lying on top of the bovril hut at the back of the east stand shitting myself.