members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

Best video game of all time

By coinslot in

General Chat


3 years ago
RE: Best video game of all time
By coinslot 3 years ago
I've been playing games since the late 70's and still love it. I started with a grandstand machine and am now on the PS4. Of all the games and machines I've used, these are my top 3.



3. Manic Miner: The reason I bought a Spectrum.



2. Doom: A terrifying experience in a dark room.



1: Half Life2: Superb story and gameplay=best game ever.



What are yours?
RE: Best video game of all time
By tangerinejezza 3 years ago
Flashback on the Sega megadrive

Tocca on the PlayStation.



All other game consoles belong to my kids, so I don't play on them.
RE: Best video game of all time
By CheshireSeasider 3 years ago
3. Fallout New Vegas (PS3)



2. Syndicate (Amiga)



1. Elder Scrolls Skyrim (PS3)



GTA Vice City just shaded out by Fallout.
RE: Best video game of all time
By Lancashirehotpot 3 years ago
Only been playing for about 10 years. Prefer stuff like the old arcade games but the Final Fantasy games pip all the other games I have, all on gameboy, gameboy advance and DS.

So:

Final fantasy 1,2,3,4,6,12 (I think, I'd have to dig them out!)

Dragon quest

The Lost Vikings



Presently enjoying Maze eater!
RE: Best video game of all time
By tangerine77 3 years ago
Lancashirehotpot wrote:

Only been playing for about 10 years. Prefer stuff like the old arcade games but the Final Fantasy games pip all the other games I have, all on gameboy, gameboy advance and DS.

So:

Final fantasy

Dragon quest

The Lost Vikings



Presently enjoying Minge eater!





Who you playing with? Hussy?
RE: Best video game of all time
By rockontommy 3 years ago
coinslot wrote:

I've been playing games since the late 70's and still love it. I started with a grandstand machine and am now on the PS4. Of all the games and machines I've used, these are my top 3.



3. Manic Miner: The reason I bought a Spectrum.



2. Doom: A terrifying experience in a dark room.



1: Half Life2: Superb story and gameplay=best game ever.



What are yours?





Goldeneye
RE: Best video game of all time
By coinslot 3 years ago
CheshireSeasider wrote:

3. Fallout New Vegas (PS3)



2. Syndicate (Amiga)



1. Elder Scrolls Skyrim (PS3)



GTA Vice City just shaded out by Fallout.





Strong list there Chesh. Played and loved all of those.
RE: Best video game of all time
By coinslot 3 years ago
rockontommy wrote:



Goldeneye





Never played GoldenEye or Perfect Dark but have heard a lot about them.



What games are you lot playing these days?.



I've just finished Bloodborne and need a new challenge.
RE: Best video game of all time
By tangerine77 3 years ago
Castle of Illusion
RE: Best video game of all time
By foggy 3 years ago
I remember my older brother getting Doom on PC when I was a kid and telling me how controversial it was, giving me scare stories like people having heart attacks whilst playing it. Needless to say I never dared play it. I think in my child mind I thought if I was even watching my brother playing it I was in danger of having a heart attack at any moment.



I have to expand my list to 5



Final Fantasy X

Metal Gear Solid

Fallout 3

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.



1. The Last of Us



I simply can't put 5-2 in any order but 1 is indisputable for me. I hadn't played video games for a few years before I was reintroduced by Last of Us and it was extraordinary. I didn't realise video games could offer such an incredible story and characters on top of the game-play.
RE: Best video game of all time
By Magic147 3 years ago
CheshireSeasider wrote:

3. Fallout New Vegas (PS3)



2. Syndicate (Amiga)



1. Elder Scrolls Skyrim (PS3)



GTA Vice City just shaded out by Fallout.





Pretty close to my top three I'd say, although I really struggle naming favourite things.



I've just traded in FIFA 15, Elder Scrolls Online, and Shadow of Mordor for Rory Mac pga tour - it's rubbish.



I just don't enjoy games like I used to, I think it's because I don't have the time to really get into them. Skyrim is one of my favourite games ever but I just got bored with the latest elder scrolls game, same with shadow of Mordor, and I'm sure they're both brilliant games.



Those older games like syndicate are best left in the past though, I've downloaded things like cannon fodder, populous, settlers, and others from the amiga days and been disappointed every time. Isn't there a recent sequel to syndicate?



Foggy in with some amazing games there - metal gear solid was a great game. I played The Last Of Us on the recommendation of a pool fan on twitter and it was probably the last game I really enjoyed.
RE: Best video game of all time
By coinslot 3 years ago
The Last Of Us is a truly great game. Thing is though, I've played it on PS3 and PS4 and have got stuck on both versions and haven't had the compulsion to finish it either time.
RE: Best video game of all time
By Magic147 3 years ago
coinslot wrote:

The Last Of Us is a truly great game. Thing is though, I've played it on PS3 and PS4 and have got stuck on both versions and haven't had the compulsion to finish it either time.





I finished it on ps4, I hadn't even heard of it before the remastered version came out.
RE: Best video game of all time
By bpoolkev1966 3 years ago
Deus ex Invisible War, Half life , GTA St Andreas, F.E.A.R and State of Decay
RE: Best video game of all time
By coinslot 3 years ago
Just preorded Fallout 4 on PS4 for £36. Roll on November.
RE: Best video game of all time
By Magic147 3 years ago
Fallout New Vegas would probably be my number one so I'll be getting Fallout 4.



I'm actually really looking forward to Guitar Hero though!
RE: Best video game of all time
By CheshireSeasider 3 years ago
Great shout with the last of us foggy!



Silent hill 1-3 also would be top 20 material imo, as would Mass Effect 2 and 3.



Populous, magic! What a game!
RE: Best video game of all time
By CheshireSeasider 3 years ago
I just keep on thinking of more and more entries.

Sensible Soccer

Football Manager in any form

Theme Park

Lemmings
RE: Best video game of all time
By coinslot 3 years ago
CheshireSeasider wrote:

I just keep on thinking of more and more entries.

Sensible Soccer

Football Manager in any form

Theme Park

Lemmings





Sensi Soccer 1992 was a belter. Trevor Sinclair & Tony Rodwell were the heart of my team. Quite enjoyed Lemmings too.
RE: Best video game of all time
By The Outcast 3 years ago
I have to have 5 too



5. Dizzy series - c64

4. Leisure suit Larry love for sail - pc

3. Jet set willy (manic miner 2) - c64

2. Ultima online - pc

1. Skyrim - ps3
RE: Best video game of all time
By Pubclown 3 years ago
3. Goldeneye - N64



2. Moonstone - Amiga



1 The Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina Of Time - N64



I'm more of an old skool gamer, before playability was sacrificed for graphics. Love the old arcade games, speccy, c64 and Amiga stuff.



I have a bartop arcade with MAME,NES, SNES, Master System, Mega drive, Dream cast, Speccy, Amiga, GBA, N64 and a few more consoles. Absolutely love it. Thousands of games on
RE: Best video game of all time
By Magic147 3 years ago
Sensible soccer - amazing.



Olym. Ljubljana.



Also, my brother changed the name of Arsenal to "ARSE". Good times.
RE: Best video game of all time
By coinslot 3 years ago
Pubclown wrote:

3. Goldeneye - N64



2. Moonstone - Amiga



1 The Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina Of Time - N64



I'm more of an old skool gamer, before playability was sacrificed for graphics. Love the old arcade games, speccy, c64 and Amiga stuff.



I have a bartop arcade with MAME,NES, SNES, Master System, Mega drive, Dream cast, Speccy, Amiga, GBA, N64 and a few more consoles. Absolutely love it. Thousands of games on





I hate you :)
RE: Best video game of all time
By foggy 3 years ago
I always preferred Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time. There was just more to do, it was more dynamic than the very linear 'onto the next temple' gameplay of OoT (although MM is still based around that), Plus it was just a darker game.



I'm surprised you didn't finish Last of Us coinslot. It's only about 8 hours so the game isn't too long, plus those characters and that story is completely gripping.



I'll give honourable mention to Football Manager as well, played it religiously since primary school. Plus I worked for them for two summers!
RE: Best video game of all time
By Pubclown 3 years ago
foggy wrote:

I always preferred Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time. There was just more to do, it was more dynamic than the very linear 'onto the next temple' gameplay of OoT (although MM is still based around that), Plus it was just a darker game.



I'm surprised you didn't finish Last of Us coinslot. It's only about 8 hours so the game isn't too long, plus those characters and that story is completely gripping.



I'll give honourable mention to Football Manager as well, played it religiously since primary school. Plus I worked for them for two summers!





I enjoyed Majora's mask but I didn't have quite the fun I did with OOT. Both are superb
RE: Best video game of all time
By tangerine77 3 years ago
I love the dream cast, so underrated. Ready 2 Rumble was the best boxing game ever.
RE: Best video game of all time
By TheSuffolkSeasider 3 years ago
I'm not good at ranking things as my favourite, I either enjoy something or I don't! Some great memories and fun times playing:



Goldeneye/Perfect Dark

Mario Kart 64

Smash Bros 64

Pokemon

Football Manager

Day of Defeat

Duke Nukem

Doom

Unreal Tournament

Quake

Age of Wonders

Civilization

Rohan

Final Fantasy

Fire Emblem



...and I'll stop there cos I could just go on!
RE: Best video game of all time
By Deepdale-Is-My-Church 3 years ago
No votes for San Andreas?........N00bs.



GTA: San Andreas (Xbox)

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

Streets Of Rage (Mega Drive)

Alex the Kid (Master System)

Tenchu (PS1)
RE: Best video game of all time
By Pubclown 3 years ago
Deepdale-Is-My-Church wrote:

No votes for San Andreas?........N00bs



GTA: San Andreas (Xbox)

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

Streets Of Rage (Mega Drive)

Alex the Kid (Master System)

Tenchu (PS1)





Geek alert
RE: Best video game of all time
By Pubclown 3 years ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

I'm not good at ranking things as my favourite, I either enjoy something or I don't! Some great memories and fun times playing:



Goldeneye/Perfect Dark

Mario Kart 64

Smash Bros 64

Pokemon

Football Manager

Day of Defeat

Duke Nukem

Doom

Unreal Tournament

Quake

Age of Wonders

Civilization

Rohan

Final Fantasy

Fire Emblem



...and I'll stop there cos I could just go on!





Mario Kart 64 was my favourite version of the franchise. I noticed you put Quake, was that the original Quake? I loved Quake 3, played it to death on the Dreamcast online
members do not see advertisements