Hi BFC Fans,

Ref: Blackpool Football Club’s Current Position.

As I said in my previous posts and correspondence, up until now I've tended to feel that Karl Oyston was just stunningly incompetent and tight fisted, a liar and charlatan- as well being petty, vindictive and a spiteful criminal. Now I've come round to the view there is actually also a plan to run down the foot-balling side and focus on other areas of the business where he believes he can get a better return on his investment. Let's face it, of the 32m of assets shown in the last set of BFC accounts, 27m (so almost 90% of the club's assets) have been lent to Segesta (unsecured and interest free without consideration) and so are not available for foot-balling purposes. And that's in addition to the 11m to Owen Oyston as director's remuneration and Karl Oyston’s obscene 500k per annum salary plus payments that may have been made to other Oyston loss making companies for alleged services rendered.

Unfortunately, while there's certainly things that the BFC shareholders could do about all of this, as far as I can see at this stage, none of the above amounts to a criminal offence. As the Football League keep saying to us, it's a private business and the owners can apparently do what they want, as long as they pass the woefully inadequate fit and proper person test that allows criminals to continue to administer business at football clubs.

As for how the Oystons will achieve their goal, I doubt that will involve a liquidation or administration of Blackpool Football Club, first because the Oystons would lose control of the process to the appointed insolvency practitioner and secondly because the IP (even one of the dodgier ones) would have to force Segesta to repay the 27m loan. That is never going to happen unless there is evidence of fraud.

So I think the most likely scenario is a managed decline into the Conference, the complete implosion of the fan base and, in 3 or 4 years time (after Owen Oyston's demise), either an application to the Football League to close the club on the grounds Blackpool no longer has the support to justify it (effectively replaced by Fleetwood!) or its relocation to a field somewhere else in the Fylde. All that will remain then is for the Oystons to extract the assets from Blackpool Football Club limited in the most tax efficient manner and decide whether the ground is going to be redeveloped or used as a music venue.

I can hear you all asking “What might happen to prevent that”?

A sale. I think the BST bid was brilliant but it's clear that the Oystons are never going to accept it (to be fair I don't think BST ever expected them to) so it's now little more than a PR exercise on both sides unless we have third party involvement. The Oyston PR machine as we know is a complete shambles and extremely misleading. The most obvious third party is our Latvian investor VB as he has deep pockets and a solid legal case. Sadly I have no idea what's happening there. I assume he's in dialogue with BST but whether he has actually brought legal proceedings, with a view to forcing the Oystons to sell, I do not know. Even if he has brought proceedings it might simply be with the intention of extracting his investment, rather than riding to the rescue of the loyal fan-base. As for whether there's anyone else who might make an offer alongside BST and/or VB or independently, and if there is whether the Oystons would sell, well your guess is as good as mine.

The only other possibility I can see is the involvement of an outside agency. We can forget the FA/FL I think (subject to my next comment) which leaves the courts, the police, the Solicitors Regulatory Authority etc. and frankly that's why the current legal cases are so important, especially when you factor in the possibility of criminality. I've professed before that solicitors James Rawlinson and Graham Woodward are their weakest link and why it's so important to get the claims back in front of the judges, but particularly in David Ragozzino’s case, and put the facts to them. If we can get the High Court to refer the matter to the SRA (and the Bar Council) and for criminal charges to be brought and prosecuted, that would be a massive result. If convictions followed, and proved criminality at the heart of the Oyston organisation, the media would have a field day (especially if the Golden Boy Mark Lewis of Seddons was shown trying to defend the Oystons or is in any way complicit- pay back for the Leveson Enquiry)? The FA/FL would then have to act and after Karl Oyston’s text gate I suspect they'd be delighted to do so and remove him from his position. I haven't looked at the rules for some time but I'm sure "fit and proper" would have some relevance in this situation, as per Cellino.

Rest assured that David and I are doing are utmost towards the cause and if justice prevails Oystons will be convicted. The wheels of justice turn remarkably slowly but we will get there.

Meanwhile if you feel you have been the victim of any Oyston criminality or subterfuge and have any evidence please do not hesitate to contact either of us.

Kindest regards

Raggy and the Afroman.
An excellent read and sums up my feelings on the whole sorry mess :clap:
Good post - about sums up the present BFC situation.
A good articulate post.

I just hope the end is in sight to this ridiculous situation.

I'm Getting really pissed off not being able to attend the games.

Oystons Out!!!
This is a good analysis of the situation. It would be great if the Football League could find a way to investigate this "managed decline" and intervene in some way.
Great opening post! :thumbsup:
This has a long way to run yet. A long long way from the end game.
I do wonder what the game plan is. A lot doesn't make sense.
Late coming to the opinion that the decline may be orchestrated. An opinion held by many on here for over a year.
It's all going to get very interesting when Oyston Senior snuffs it (assuming he's not actually an undead). Can't libel or defame the dead so it could be very enlightening to see what surfaces when the threat of legal action is no longer a consideration. I'd imagine for every Sunday Times that went toe to toe with Oyston's lawyers (unsuccessfully unfortunately) there may well be a stack of others who didn't have such deep pockets and couldn't take the chance of losing.
Why do you switch to referring to yourself in the third person at the end?
Actually I've just googled it. It's something called narcissistic dissociation. No idea what that means. Long article, couldn't be bothered reading it.
munk... ^ inside your head must be like a cross between the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan and the party scene in The Wolf of Wall Street.
I'll quote you on that.
You're welcome.
"Meanwhile if you feel you have been the victim of any Oyston criminality or subterfuge and have any evidence please do not hesitate to contact either of us"

There have been a number of high profile cases recently where widespread publicity has brought other people forward to cry foul.

This whole affair needs wider publicity than just football circles , surely somewhere there is a rather hungry investigative journalist who would relish this sort of challenge.

There's a huge story to tell here and it needs to be told to a non football audience.

At the minute it's not getting the attention it deserves as it's lost in the mix of other footballing stories.

Fathers for justice is one example of bringing awareness to the general public to get their stories heard..

Just a thought.
The common consensus outside football is that there is too much money in football anyway so why should anyone else care about another club that has a greedy owner?

Anyone that cares about football is concerned - no one else really gives a shit
The fit and proper test is only for new owners isn't it?
seasider wrote:

The fit and proper test is only for new owners isn't it?

Yes. Unfortunately it wasn't in place when OO paid his pound.
Yep, no rules about club owners raping young girls when they're already owners unfortunately.
VernonsBoots wrote:

There have been a number of high profile cases recently where widespread publicity has brought other people forward to cry foul.

This whole affair needs wider publicity than just football circles , surely somewhere there is a rather hungry investigative journalist who would relish this sort of challenge.

There's a huge story to tell here and it needs to be told to a non football audience.

In a world in need of an investigative journalist...........

......one man set about investigation journalising the Oystons...

.....we are all just waiting for the results!

James?