members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

Reporting Spam

By TheSuffolkSeasider in

User Support


1 year ago
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
Is it worth me reporting the spam threads? I do it because I can't delete them myself and feel kind of useless in that regards.



They're pretty obviously spam though and I don't know if the report "alerts" the mods or just flags it when the mods log in.



What I'm trying to ask is, mods, would you rather I stopped the reporting of spammers as it just clogs up the mod logs more or does it help find the threads quicker? Or more likely, indifferent?
RE: Reporting Spam
By seasider 1 year ago
No it's a great help. If I am browsing the site properly, I will pick it up myself like most mornings. However, when I am work, I potentially could miss it but because you reported it, the mods receive a notification when login so very useful.
RE: Reporting Spam
By louise_a 1 year ago
I often delete spammers when I long on in the morning.
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
Suffolk for mod. He can replace cheesy!
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

Is it worth me reporting the spam threads? I do it because I can't delete them myself and feel kind of useless in that regards.



They're pretty obviously spam though and I don't know if the report "alerts" the mods or just flags it when the mods log in.



What I'm trying to ask is, mods, would you rather I stopped the reporting of spammers as it just clogs up the mod logs more or does it help find the threads quicker? Or more likely, indifferent?





Tell seasider you are from St Annes and he will make you a mod.
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
tangerine77 wrote:



Tell seasider you are from St Annes and he will make you a mod.





Unfortunately not. I spent most of my time between North Shore and Hambleton.



My mam lives in Lytham if that counts? Don't think she'd have any interest in being a mod though.
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
Don;t think you are posh then enough mate unless your mothers poshness counts? Me being from Layton ruled me out straight away.
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
Ballys from Grange Park so never had a chance even though i campaigned for him.
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Don;t think you are posh then enough mate unless your mothers poshness counts? Me being from Layton ruled me out straight away.





My mam is not posh, my family is from Seacroft! I was born in Leeds too so guess I have no chance!
RE: Reporting Spam
By GynnSquarePhoenix 1 year ago
North Shore works...closer to Gynn the better. A long history of drug abuse would help too.



Report away..there's been an increase in the past couple of weeks.
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:





Report away..there's been an increase in the past couple of weeks.





Mod on Mod action
RE: Reporting Spam
By Qblock87 1 year ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:



My mam is not posh, my family is from Seacroft! I was born in Leeds too so guess I have no chance!



Seacroft!!! Oh dear.
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

North Shore works...closer to Gynn the better. A long history of drug abuse would help too.





Just up the hill from the Gynn roundabout. My mam used to run a café on Dickson Road.
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
Qblock87 wrote:

Seacroft!!! Oh dear.





Thought you'd like that.
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
Dont mention the man word to Q, it gets him horny.
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
Sorry, meant mam!
RE: Reporting Spam
By Qblock87 1 year ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Sorry, meant mam!





Maybe his Mam is a Man! Now that would get the old juices flowing!
RE: Reporting Spam
By Bally 1 year ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Ballys from Grange Park so never had a chance even though i campaigned for him.





Seasiders Dad would disown him if he made a Labour supporter a mod. Proper tory twat him.
RE: Reporting Spam
By tangerine77 1 year ago
Seasider and his pals are Tories.
RE: Reporting Spam
By seasider 1 year ago
We rarely vote! Didn't this time either
RE: Reporting Spam
By GynnSquarePhoenix 1 year ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:



Just up the hill from the Gynn roundabout. My mam used to run a café on Dickson Road.





Proper upbringing then. Was the cafe the Top Ten? Scooters, good juke box and Penny XXXX :heart: ... who was not only game but her Dad owned Gynn Chippy :heart:
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:



Proper upbringing then. Was the cafe the Top Ten? Scooters, good juke box and Penny XXXX :heart: ... who was not only game but her Dad owned Gynn Chippy :heart:





No, it wasn't. Ahhhh, the Gynn Chippy. Just down the road from me was the Derby Supper Bar or something which I think growing up with on my doorstep has ruined all other chippies. Probably just nostalgia but nothing beats eating free chips on a tiny wooden fork and going to rent a video from the video shop down the hill!



Just had a quick look on Google street view and it's all so different. From little things like Sam's corner shop on Carshalton Road/Boothroyden - who would give you free ice lollies as a kid in the summer - to that monstrosity of a store they've built on the corner of Warley Road and Dickson Road. There was a lovely old bank building there and it's been completed wiped out for that, disgusting.



GSP you have made me all homesick now. Well, if I had a time machine.
RE: Reporting Spam
By GynnSquarePhoenix 1 year ago
Yep..Derby Supper Bar, that was the name of 'Gynn chippy'. I remember my first trip back after the baths were knocked down and they were building The Hilton. I was hoping for some creative architecture that gave a nod to the superb deco styling of Derby Baths. Instead they built one of the worst seafront hotels I've ever seen. I stayed there on one visit..tiny rooms, shit fixtures and poorly maintained. I'll have to do the that google view walk around.
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
Well if you haven't been back in a while then I'll tell you the Odeon has changed a bit!!



Our cafe/house was opposite the Hilton. Let me tell you that people really should close their curtains! Better than TV on some evenings. That hill was great fun to sledge down too, even if security would come chase you off.
RE: Reporting Spam
By munkle 1 year ago
Suffolk - do you remember Ziggy's burger place? T77 seems to be the only other person to have any memory of it.



It was all neon green and they did the Big Zig burger.
RE: Reporting Spam
By thetruth1953 1 year ago
I remember ziggy,s Dickson Road yes nearer to town on the corner??
RE: Reporting Spam
By Qblock87 1 year ago
munkle wrote:

Suffolk - do you remember Ziggy's burger place? T77 seems to be the only other person to have any memory of it.



It was all neon green and they did the Big Zig burger.





I remember it. On the corner of Bute Ave or Pieasant St. That sort of area.
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
munkle wrote:

Suffolk - do you remember Ziggy's burger place? T77 seems to be the only other person to have any memory of it.



It was all neon green and they did the Big Zig burger.



Qblock87 wrote:



I remember it. On the corner of Bute Ave or Pieasant St. That sort of area.





If it's the place I'm thinking of, on the corner of Pleasant Street where the double roundabouts are and near the Carlton then yes I do remember it. Even had a birthday party there when I was still in primary school! My mam still has the photos because I remember annoyingly putting them on Facebook back when I had it a few years back!
RE: Reporting Spam
By munkle 1 year ago
Argh! You could be right and it was on the corner of Pleasant Street! In my head, it was opposite the baths but it was 30 years ago.



Suffolk - I'd love to see those pictures! Please post them!
RE: Reporting Spam
By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 year ago
I don't have Facebook anymore, so I don't have copies of those pics anymore. The originals are still in a box in my mam's attic I imagine!
members do not see advertisements