9 holes today - 62 shots.

Great stuff, lovely day.

Wow you get your money's worth anyway :)
blackpool ger wrote:Wow you get your money's worth anyway :)
Said that to my mate - happy with that!
As long as you enjoyed yourself that's all the matters and yo will improve
louise_a wrote:As long as you enjoyed yourself that's all the matters and yo will improve
It's great anyway, love it.
It is a great game and you never know what will happen on the next hole, In the 2 qualifying rounds at St Andrews this week I played well and had 5 birdies and 14 pars, but I also had an 8 and a 10 both on par 4s!
louise_a wrote:It is a great game and you never know what will happen on the next hole, In the 2 qualifying rounds at St Andrews this week I played well and had 5 birdies and 14 pars, but I also had an 8 and a 10 both on par 4s!
Just consistency isn't it.

I'm consistent at least. :D

I can't even fathom being this good.
louise_a wrote:It is a great game and you never know what will happen on the next hole.
Usually goes well for the first few months. Then it's anyones guess.
My least favourite words when I play

"it's still your shot"
Just played a full round in 39c heat. I played of a 14 handicap a made par on the last hole with a birdie.

Today is the only day I wore a sweat band to play golf.
Hero-of-the-night wrote:Just played a full round in 39c heat. I played of a 14 handicap a made par on the last hole with a birdie.
Today is the only day I wore a sweat band to play golf.
The highlighted bit doesn't really make any sense.
I think he means he is a 14 handicapper and he got a birdie at the last for a level par round with his handicap off So say the par for the course was 72 he shot a 86
blackpool ger wrote:I think he means he is a 14 handicapper and he got a birdie at the last for a level par round with his handicap off So say the par for the course was 72 he shot a 86
Yes that's correct.

Sorry for the poorly worded post, I was doing a "Nobber" at the time... watching birds on the beach while drinking my Rum and Coke.
Just been down to the driving range.

100 balls.

Took me 120 shots...

Wow 20 fresh airs you're improving :)
I'm beginning to think I'm hitting it with the wrong end.
And as for golf...
"If a player's ball in play moves after he has addressed it (other than as a result of a stroke), the player is deemed to have moved the ball and incurs a penalty of one stroke"
You wanna have a word with them pesky balls mate
I just thought the grass is technically bigger than the ball, so hit the grass and the ball will surely follow.
Many occasions the divots gone further than the ball
I'm just pleased when it goes forward, it's still a good walk anyway regardless!
Keep at it Magic!
I am just back from playing at Woodhall Spa, in the final of the England Golf senior series, a great couple of days even though I didn't play great
louise_a wrote:Keep at it Magic!
I am just back from playing at Woodhall Spa, in the final of the England Golf senior series, a great couple of days even though I didn't play great
Not one to give up once I've got my teeth into something, so there's no going back now!
louise_a wrote:It is a great game and you never know what will happen on the next hole.
Happen you do if you're playin Magic. Don't bother getting out of the buggy.
munkle wrote:Happen you do if you're playin Magic. Don't bother getting out of the buggy.
Ha, buggy? Posh wanker.
Magic147 wrote:Ha, buggy? Posh wanker.
Or bone idle!
Got another 9 booked for tomorrow morning - I've been watching some videos.
Magic147 wrote:Got another 9 booked for tomorrow morning - I've been watching some videos.
That type of video won,t help your golf,but may help you relax.
thetruth1953 wrote:That type of video won,t help your golf,but may help you relax.
Hes got the whole collection of "Swinger's get their hole".