members do not see advertisements

Toilet during lesson time

By Missblackpool in

General Chat

10 months ago
RE: Toilet during lesson time
By Missblackpool 10 months ago
I teach year 2 and don't allow children to visit the toilet during lesson time.

If it was your child would it bother you?
By Bally 10 months ago
Missblackpool wrote:

I teach year 2 and don't allow children to visit the toilet during lesson time.

If it was your child would it bother you?

If my kid pissed or shit his kecks you'd be chewing them
By seasider 10 months ago
I reckon so. That child could have a weak bladder or something medically wrong.

I am sure most kids would feel a bit embarrassed putting their hand up and asking to go to the toilet so that should be enough punishment!
seasider wrote:

I reckon so. That child could have a weak bladder or something medically wrong.

I am sure most kids would feel a bit embarrassed putting their hand up and asking to go to the toilet so that should be enough punishment!

If a child has a medical problem they bring a letter. They get plenty of time at break and lunch. 2 hours is the longest they go without a break.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 10 months ago
Mr DD sure is getting quite diverse these days with his accounts.
By Lancashirehotpot 10 months ago
I miss Blackpool too...
High school, fair enough.

Primary school, let them go to the loo.
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

High school, fair enough.

Primary school, let them go to the loo.

I do remind them to go at playtime and lunchtime. Surely it is not that much to ask them to hold on for the length of a lesson?
By thetruth1953 10 months ago
Missblackpool wrote:

I do remind them to go at playtime and lunchtime. Surely it is not that much to ask them to hold on for the length of a lesson?

And are you a dominatrix out of school hours?
thetruth1953 wrote:

And are you a dominatrix out of school hours?

Teachers have to hold on too. The maximum length of time they would have to hold it in is 2 hours.
Do you tell them not to drink water on their break as well?
By tangerinejezza 10 months ago
Who mops it up if they piss their pants?
And , are you sure you’re a teacher? How many year two lessons last two hours? My kids are year 11 and unless it’s double chemistry or physics nothing lasts two hours.
By Bally 10 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Who mops it up if they piss their pants?

Bulls Eye
seasider wrote:

Do you tell them not to drink water on their break as well?

They are allowed to drink from their water bottle when they like.
tangerinejezza wrote:

And , are you sure you’re a teacher? How many year two lessons last two hours? My kids are year 11 and unless it’s double chemistry or physics nothing lasts two hours.

Morning session is 8:50-10-:30 and 10:50 until 12:10 and the afternoon session is 1:10 until 3:10.

Never had a child wet themselves.
Missblackpool wrote:

Morning session is 8:50-10-:30 and 10:50 until 12:10 and the afternoon session is 1:10 until 3:10.

Never had a child wet themselves.

So they don’t get a break ( play time) in the afternoon?
By whitstabletangerine 10 months ago
I can remember quite clearly that happening when I was at junior school, ST. John's Church street, when a boy from the class wanted to go to toilet, but was refused and told to stand in the corner for the rest of the lesson.

Within a short space of time he peed himself, I can picture him now standing there in his grey short trousers with the class laughing and the teacher incessant with rage.

The outcome of this tragic tale was that for the months that followed he was tormented and bullied by other kids and he would hide in one of the outside toilets to escape their wrath.

He was eventually taken away from the school and one can only guess how that effected his later life, I cannot remember seeing him ever again but I can still picture this sad individual, kids as well as grown ups can be so cruel.
And why are you posting on here during lesson time? Thought that sort of thing wouldn’t be allowed
tangerinejezza wrote:

So they don’t get a break ( play time) in the afternoon?

No, no afternoon playtime.
tangerinejezza wrote:

And why are you posting on here during lesson time? Thought that sort of thing wouldn’t be allowed

Inset day today.
whitstabletangerine wrote:

I can remember quite clearly that happening when I was at junior school, ST. John's Church street, when a boy from the class wanted to go to toilet, but was refused and told to stand in the corner for the rest of the lesson.

Within a short space of time he peed himself, I can picture him now standing there in his grey short trousers with the class laughing and the teacher incessant with rage.

The outcome of this tragic tale was that for the months that followed he was tormented and bullied by other kids and he would hide in one of the outside toilets to escape their wrath.

He was eventually taken away from the school and one can only guess how that effected his later life, I cannot remember seeing him ever again but I can still picture this sad individual, kids as well as grown ups can be so cruel.

That is horrible, why did he have to stand in the corner?
By whitstabletangerine 10 months ago
If you misbehaved, such as caught talking to others in the class it was the corner as a punishment, if that did not work then outside the classroom, standing in the corridor and if the head teacher happened to pass then you could be really in trouble.

In this case he had put his hand up a couple of times, stood up and went from one foot to the other, began to cry and the teacher got fed up and disciplined him.

A few years later in senior school it was slightly different, misbehave and the chalk was thrown your way by the teacher, if that did not work then the blackboard wooden handled rubber was aimed at you and failing that then the head would administer the dreaded cane.

Mind you in those days even the coppers would clip you around the head if you were caught misbehaving, times have certainly changed.

If you misbehaved, such as caught talking to others in the class it was the corner as a punishment, if that did not work then outside the classroom, standing in the corridor and if the head teacher happened to pass then you could be really in trouble.

In this case he had put his hand up a couple of times, stood up and went from one foot to the other, began to cry and the teacher got fed up and disciplined him.

A few years later in senior school it was slightly different, misbehave and the chalk was thrown your way by the teacher, if that did not work then the blackboard wooden handled rubber was aimed at you and failing that then the head would administer the dreaded cane.

Mind you in those days even the coppers would clip you around the head if you were caught misbehaving, times have certainly changed.

I might not let children go to the loo but would never punish them for asking.

Did she always say no or was it just this time?

Did she change her rules after the boy wet himself?
Is there a school "guideline" at your school then or is it an each teacher to their own sort of thing?
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

Is there a school "guideline" at your school then or is it an each teacher to their own sort of thing?

It is down to teacher discretion.
By Magic147 10 months ago
What a load of shit.
Magic147 wrote:

What a load of shit.

Is that supposed to be a pun?

That is horrific. Poor kid.
seasider wrote:

That is horrific. Poor kid.

It is like I said I have never had a child wet themselves.

A girl once peed herself in her mums car after I hadn't let her go all afternoon.

I merely pointed out that she could have used the toilet before the journey home.