members do not see advertisements

Blackpool Football Club is up for sale (merged)

By foggy in

Blackpool FC

11 months ago
RE: Blackpool Football Club is up for sale (merged)
By foggy 11 months ago
Reports Matt Scrafton. Seems big.
By seasider 11 months ago
More

BBC Radio Lancashire understands that Blackpool Football Club Ltd and Blackpool Football Club (Properties) Limited have both been put up for sale.

The Oyston family have also instructed their counsel to appeal certain aspects of Monday's High Court ruling.
By Tangerinenick 11 months ago
By thetruth1953 11 months ago
Yes it might be up for sale but for how much?

It might be cheaper to buy into Arsenal with the OYSCUM way of valuing their assets.
By Magic147 11 months ago
Fuck.

I don't know what to think.
By Tangerinenick 11 months ago
Figure being mentioned is 60 million. I would say that it is a massive over valuation and quite deliberate.

Anymore than 12 -15 million would be a foolish buy.
By thetruth1953 11 months ago
Tangerinenick wrote:

Figure being mentioned is 60 million. I would say that it is a massive over valuation and quite deliberate.

Anymore than 12 -15 million would be a foolish buy.

There you go!! 60 Fucking million does that include the Tower and three piers?
Oh... maybe it's a PR stunt so best not get carried away.
By Rossall Tangerine 11 months ago
I think it's too early to speculate. Could just be PR stunt as mentioned.
By munkle 11 months ago
Amazing if true.
By tangerinejezza 11 months ago
Fucking brilliant news
Blackpool FC and the Stadium Company have been put up for sale by the Oyston family, they are also asking for leave to appeal the court judgement from earlier this week!
By Welsh Seasider 11 months ago
By foggy 11 months ago
That figure is insanity. Wolves were sold for £45m and they are clearly a bigger club. A couple of articles mention Charlton (who are up for sale) could go for around £20m. Any buyer knows the Oystons are desperate for money. I think they'd be lucky to get anywhere near that.
By klubb29 11 months ago
,oyston mill sale went well this will be the same,old rapey wont get any where near what he wants for the club
By louise_a 11 months ago
I wonder if they hope to sell it so that Valeri doesn't get it.
Statement:

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/club-statement/

The Directors of Blackpool Football Club and Blackpool Football Club Properties are now in a position, following the conclusion of litigation, to market for sale Blackpool Football Club Limited and Blackpool Football Club Properties Limited.

Substantial, external, non-football revenue is a major component of the Properties business.

Expressions of interest should be made to an independent nominee, appointed by the Football Club, who can be contacted via email - independentnominee@blackpoolfc.co.uk

Following the recent High Court judgment, legal counsel for the respondents have been instructed to apply for leave to appeal elements of the judgment with immediate effect.

In the interim period, as throughout the litigation process, the focus of the Football Club’s board remains on supporting the manager and continuing to negate the impact of off-field issues.
By TheSteed 11 months ago
foggy wrote:

That figure is insanity. Wolves were sold for £45m and they are clearly a bigger club. A couple of articles mention Charlton (who are up for sale) could go for around £20m. Any buyer knows the Oystons are desperate for money. I think they'd be lucky to get anywhere near that.

The valuation is public record because of the court case isn't it? Can't see how they would get away with asking for that.
We are talking about the stadium as well as the football club. Not sure if that makes a difference.
What part are they challenging? The bit about being asset strippers or that they tried to strip the assets of the club?
seasider wrote:

We are talking about the stadium as well as the football club. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Must include stadium as it says properties
By TheSteed 11 months ago
seasider wrote:

I thought it was BFC and Segesta, but still don't know where they get that figure from. not as if all the properties are raking in the cash is it?
By Bulls Eye 11 months ago
Exactly what Bully expected the Oystons and their Counsel response to the verdict and their request to be given more time to appeal at the Appeal Court.

This action will keep the EFL off their backs.

Putting a club up for sale and selling there is a big difference. The key question is whats the asking price?

Dont get carried away as the yellow brick road can be a long and twisted one but heres something to ponder -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

Its a crazy world, is it real or just an illusion?
By BarnsleyLad 11 months ago
I know it's nowt to do with me, but I sincerely hope this is genuine and you guys get back what you deserve after years of misery. However, I can't help but think that something in the alleged sale price doesn't stand up. Hope I'm wrong like, but anyway good luck.
By tangerine77 11 months ago
BarnsleyLad wrote:

I know it's nowt to do with me, but I sincerely hope this is genuine and you guys get back what you deserve after years of misery. However, I can't help but think that something in the alleged sale price doesn't stand up. Hope I'm wrong like, but anyway good luck.

You are a football fan so it has everything to do with you. We need to drive cunts like the Oystons out of the game.
By BarnsleyLad 11 months ago
tangerine77 wrote:

You are a football fan so it has everything to do with you. We need to drive cunts like the Oystons out of the game.

If there were a "Like" button I'd click it. Thank you.
By foggy 11 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

The valuation is public record because of the court case isn't it? Can't see how they would get away with asking for that.

How so? Isn't a valuation a much more flexible thing? You can add up the revenue of the stadium office space rent, but any money that comes in as a result of performance on the pitch (whether through PL payments or more fans coming in and spending money) can fluctuate year to year. The Judge put a valuation on Valeri's 50% shares by awarding him equal to exactly how much Oyston had taken out, but that was from previous revenue with the Premier League money. Our future revenue sources look much more bleak.