members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?

By Bulls Eye in

Blackpool FC


11 months ago
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Bulls Eye 11 months ago
Is that possible? just asking like?



Cuadrilla



Frackpool FC :thumbsdown:
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By tangerinejezza 11 months ago
Link to avit ??
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Bally 11 months ago
Bulls Eye wrote:

Is that possible? just asking like?



Cuadrilla



Frackpool FC :thumbsdown:





Fuck off knobhead. You're boring now
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Lincolnshireseasider91 11 months ago
Impossible to have someone "worse" than the Oyston gang



Donald thump could do a better job
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By seasider 11 months ago
Agree with the above. I actually think it's impossible to have someone worse.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Magic147 11 months ago
I could leave a tin of cat food out hanging in the garden, just high enough so cats can't reach it, and the first human being desperate enough to jump the fence to tuck in would be a better football club owner than Owen Oyston.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Mike1989 11 months ago
I’m no Oyston support, but as far as I’m aware the club has never been at risk of ceasing to exist due to financial difficulties in recent times. It’s been self sufficient for the most part. I know that its survival is at risk as long as they remain because a lot of fans will stay away and subscribe to NAPM, but even now it’s being run self sufficiently and could continue in that manner without threat of ceasing to exist.



As such, we could end up with new owners like Notts County did a few years back that actually didn’t have the money they professed to. Or there are ones like Portsmouth when they had their Russian owner that spent loads of money and they got into major debt, then he pulled the plug and they nearly didn’t recover from it.



So there are “worse” options in that sense if we get someone that doesn’t have the money they say, or pulls the plug when they get bored, in that scenario they could actually screw the club up financially and leave it fighting for its life if not see it go out of business. By no means do I want them to remain here, but hopefully we sell to someone that actually has the money they profess and has long term interest in making sure this club is sustainable long term, and not someone that gets us into dire straights.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By CheshireSeasider 11 months ago
I don't think there is possibly EVER a worse owner than the current ones.

It's 1 thing worrying about finances and shit but when fans of the same team hate each other worse than their local rivals that take a special kind of cunt to conjure that hatred.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Magic147 11 months ago
No club > Oyston FC
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Bally 11 months ago
Mike makes a good point. However being rid of them is a risk worth taking. I'm sure most would rather BFC we're playing on Revoe Rec than OFC'S Hotel lawn.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By tangerinejezza 11 months ago
Bulls Eye wrote:

Is that possible? just asking like?



Cuadrilla



Frackpool FC :thumbsdown:





I doubt Cuadrilla would invest then fleece the club. No one on this planet could be worse than the scums.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Jams80 11 months ago
Mike1989 wrote:

I’m no Oyston support, but as far as I’m aware the club has never been at risk of ceasing to exist due to financial difficulties in recent times. It’s been self sufficient for the most part. I know that its survival is at risk as long as they remain because a lot of fans will stay away and subscribe to NAPM, but even now it’s being run self sufficiently and could continue in that manner without threat of ceasing to exist.



As such, we could end up with new owners like Notts County did a few years back that actually didn’t have the money they professed to. Or there are ones like Portsmouth when they had their Russian owner that spent loads of money and they got into major debt, then he pulled the plug and they nearly didn’t recover from it.



So there are “worse” options in that sense if we get someone that doesn’t have the money they say, or pulls the plug when they get bored, in that scenario they could actually screw the club up financially and leave it fighting for its life if not see it go out of business. By no means do I want them to remain here, but hopefully we sell to someone that actually has the money they profess and has long term interest in making sure this club is sustainable long term, and not someone that gets us into dire straights.





It sounds like you're defending how they've run the club. Its exactly their methods and behaviour over the last twenty something years that has brought us to this point. Yes, other clubs have had incompetent owners who have caused damage financially, but our situation is kind of the opposite end of the spectrum. The club has still suffered.



A new owner only has to run the club with the clubs best interest at the centre of every decision made...it's that simple



...maybe a calculated gamble from time to time.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Thewiggy 11 months ago
The passion with which the Boycott, NAPM etc has all been carried out will act as a message and warning to all future owners too. If they screw the club over in anyway, we will make it known and take action.



I imagine that any who return to bfc under new ownership will take a good while to settle in again - in other words any sign that things are amiss, people will probably react quicker this time to stop it getting out of hand.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Jams80 11 months ago
Thewiggy wrote:

The passion with which the Boycott, NAPM etc has all been carried out will act as a message and warning to all future owners too. If they screw the club over in anyway, we will make it known and take action.



I imagine that any who return to bfc under new ownership will take a good while to settle in again - in other words any sign that things are amiss, people will probably react quicker this time to stop it getting out of hand.





Agree totally. Anything other than complete transparency from a new owner won't be accepted
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By munkle 11 months ago
In BST, any new owner has a ready made support network that they should use for the betterment of the club. Put a fan on the board and as has been said, be totally transparent. Sit in the stands with the fans. Be available on social media. Rejoice when we win, be upset when we lose.



Just be a fan.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By tangerine77 11 months ago
You forget the true heroes, the ones that attended home games and shouted nasty things at Karl and Owen.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By tangerinejezza 11 months ago
tangerine77 wrote:

You forget the true heroes, the ones that attended home games and shouted nasty things at Karl and Owen.





You seem to be confusing the word “ shouted” with “ muttered” or “ whispered “
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Thewiggy 11 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:



You seem to be confusing the word “ shouted” with “ muttered” or “ whispered “





Thought? :D
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Mike1989 11 months ago
Jams80 wrote:



It sounds like you're defending how they've run the club. Its exactly their methods and behaviour over the last twenty something years that has brought us to this point. Yes, other clubs have had incompetent owners who have caused damage financially, but our situation is kind of the opposite end of the spectrum. The club has still suffered.



A new owner only has to run the club with the clubs best interest at the centre of every decision made...it's that simple



...maybe a calculated gamble from time to time.





The question was “could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?”



The answer to that question depends on your definition of “worse”. I would say new owners that don’t have the money they say and get the club into financial trouble are “worse”. Likewise I would say owners that over spend and get bored and want their money back or just simply pull their financial support which can cripple a club reliant upon that financial support are “worse”.



That’s not a defence of the Oystons and how they have run this club. I’ll be honest, I have no major issue with an owner running a club self sufficiently. Have I questioned their ambition? Yes. Have I questioned their approach? Yes. Will I be glad when they are gone? Yes, but only if we end up with owners that turn out to be committed, have a plan, and have the financial means to do the job. Last thing we want after all this crap is to end up with owners that either don’t have the money they claim or run the club into oblivion because they overspend, get bored, and pull their support and/or want their money back. We've seen clubs be unlucky enough to get those kind of owners, and while our owners have been bad, it is possible to get worse (or perhaps more incompetent?).



Again, I’m not defending the Oystons, I’m merely answering the question posed in an honest and unbiased way.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By whitstabletangerine 11 months ago
"Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't."



NOT IN OUR CASE,

enough is enough gone on far too long, there is no guarantee in anything in life other than death at some time, so a new owner will be a gamble but one well worth taking, if it goes tits up so we start again from the bottom even that would be a better option than another five years of this present regime.



Answer, a remote possibility so yes, but highly unlikely, bring it on.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Bulls Eye 11 months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10P_ybz5YTI



"Forgive and forget" ....................................no chance.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Nobber 11 months ago
Thewiggy wrote:

The passion with which the Boycott, NAPM etc has all been carried out will act as a message and warning to all future owners too. If they screw the club over in anyway, we will make it known and take action.



I imagine that any who return to bfc under new ownership will take a good while to settle in again - in other words any sign that things are amiss, people will probably react quicker this time to stop it getting out of hand.



Or it could make new owners think 'is it worth it'
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By rangers1945 11 months ago
One thing club being "self sufficient" quite another quite another not investing in the future of the club and alienating the fans
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Hero-of-the-night 11 months ago
Nobber wrote:

Or it could make new owners think 'is it worth it'





Only limp dick ones looking for a easy ride. If that's the case they should cast their eye in your neck of the woods.

I think Blackpool fans have shown that we won't take any shit... I think it's called, having balls.

You should probably google it!
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Bfcfred 11 months ago
Running the club self sufficiently is admirable and in a calm moment rather than after a rubbish performance would have the support of all Blackpool fans.

'Illegitamately stripping' the club as the good judge said is what has been the root cause of the problems.

I Like most fans are realists, I don't expect premiership football every week down bloomers. Just a fighting chance of success through fair ownership putting back into the club and community which supports it.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Magic147 11 months ago
Bfcfred wrote:

Running the club self sufficiently is admirable and in a calm moment rather than after a rubbish performance would have the support of all Blackpool fans.

'Illegitamately stripping' the club as the good judge said is what has been the root cause of the problems.

I Like most fans are realists, I don't expect premiership football every week down bloomers. Just a fighting chance of success through fair ownership putting back into the club and community which supports it.





Bang on.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Nobber 11 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:



Only limp dick ones looking for a easy ride. If that's the case they should cast their eye in your neck of the woods.

I think Blackpool fans have shown that we won't take any shit... I think it's called, having balls.

You should probably google it!





Do you think you couple of hundred glory boycotters had any influence on the court case decision?



It didn't.
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Hero-of-the-night 11 months ago
Nobber wrote:



Do you think you couple of hundred glory boycotters had any influence on the court case decision?



It didn't.





Your banter is becoming wank pal.

You need to speak to Thor!
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By North Shore Dude 11 months ago
Stop feeding the troll
RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
By Hero-of-the-night 11 months ago
North Shore Dude wrote:

Stop feeding the troll





He is a Prawn of the troll world, he feeds on shit.
members do not see advertisements