I won't buy Blackpool vows owner Haythornthwaite

By seasider in

Blackpool FC

10 months ago
RE: I won't buy Blackpool vows owner Haythornthwaite
By seasider 10 months ago
By thetruth1953 10 months ago
Who is going to say they are interested in buying the club? Surely potential buyers would try and make sure confidentiality is maintained.

Not that the Scum would be able to guarantee confidentiality, but only when it suits themselves.
By Karlito's Way 10 months ago
Not a penny more.
I could understand Haythornwaite not wanting to buy Blackpool as he is in mid-project with Fylde. Pilley on the hand has surely taken Fleetwood as far as I can. I would normally say why leave Fleetwood for Blackpool but if he is a Blackpool fan then surely a great opportunity. Not to mention a much bigger fanbase.
By tangerinejezza 10 months ago
Does anyone want to give the Oystons any money?
By Qblock87 10 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Does anyone want to give the Oystons any money?

Does anyone want to deal with them? The price will be well over inflated.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 10 months ago
If it fails to sell, and the Oystons fail to pay, what happens? Administrators come in and sell the club or...?
By Rossall Tangerine 10 months ago
I can't see Pilley or Haythornthwaite going for it. Think both (Fylde especially) still have a lot to work on.
By McPoolmob 10 months ago
I thought you couldn't own two of the 92? Remember The Rapist trying to buy ManU.

Haha wish he had of.
By Raging Bull 10 months ago
Is it just me or is it not normal practice to put a price on something when its for sale?

What's the odds on the club being well over priced?
Raging Bull wrote:

Is it just me or is it not normal practice to put a price on something when its for sale?

What's the odds on the club being well over priced?

I just hope the fact they need to sell makes it reasonable. The family are greedy so it's safe to assume it would be overpriced in normal circumstances. Look at Oyston Mill as well. That probably gives you an idea.
By Bally 10 months ago
seasider wrote:

I just hope the fact they need to sell makes it reasonable. The family are greedy so it's safe to assume it would be overpriced in normal circumstances. Look at Oyston Mill as well. That probably gives you an idea.

Price will depend on how desperate they are to off load. The fans need to make sure that they become even more desperate by encouraging even more to stay away. The scabs can only help drag out the final inevitable outcome. Pity the selfish, stupid cunts can't see it.
By Tangerinenick 10 months ago
Bally wrote:

Price will depend on how desperate they are to off load. The fans need to make sure that they become even more desperate by encouraging even more to stay away. The scabs can only help drag out the final inevitable outcome. Pity the selfish, stupid cunts can't see it.

This.
By rangers1945 10 months ago
Maybe asked and answered already, if so apologies but if the club is sold by the family will Belekon still have his share?
By TheSuffolkSeasider 10 months ago
rangers1945 wrote:

Maybe asked and answered already, if so apologies but if the club is sold by the family will Belekon still have his share?

As I understand it, no. The money the Oystons' need to pay to Belekon is to buy his shares.

So whomever bought the club would be buying the Oystons' shares and I assume therefore Belekon's also.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 10 months ago
They will be scrambling now to stay alive financially and if that means letting the club dissolve and finding a non-football buyer for the related assets they would jump at the chance. Don't underestimate the depth of Karl's spite.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

They will be scrambling now to stay alive financially and if that means letting the club dissolve and finding a non-football buyer for the related assets they would jump at the chance. Don't underestimate the depth of Karl's spite.

Could they sell the ground and keep the club? What would happen then?
By Hero-of-the-night 10 months ago
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='556265' dateline='1510773987']

Could they sell the ground and keep the club? What would happen then?

[/quote]

Haven't all assets been frozen?

I've taken a backwards step regarding all this shit because I'm far to thick.

For what it's worth, my understanding was they couldn't do that.
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Haven't all assets been frozen?

I've taken a backwards step regarding all this shit because I'm far to thick.

For what it's worth, my understanding was they couldn't do that.

To be fair I think most of us are in the dark HOTN, I was asking because I don't know.

It concerns me that (out of spite and necessity) the ground could get sold to a developer, and the Oystons keep the club. Maybe even sell the "golden share" and do a Wimbledon/MKDons...
By Leesthedaddy 10 months ago
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='556271' dateline='1510778088']

To be fair I think most of us are in the dark HOTN, I was asking because I don't know.

It concerns me that (out of spite and necessity) the ground could get sold to a developer, and the Oystons keep the club. Maybe even sell the "golden share" and do a Wimbledon/MKDons...

[/quote]

Owens nearly dead & Karl hates Football.

Even if all was to fall through, it’s only a matter of time
By Nobber 10 months ago
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='556271' dateline='1510778088']

[/quote]

Where would you move to that needed a little club like Blackpool?
Nobber wrote:

For a club doing relatively well, it.must be demoralising seeing more empty seats than fans at Deepdale. I can therefore understand the need to feel big by calling us small.
Nobber wrote:

The only reason Wimbledon ended up in Milton Keynes is because Sam Hammam wasn't (at the time) allowed to move the club to Dublin. Now the game is far more money orientated, I can see someone trying again to have an English football league club in Dublin, Glasgow or Edinburgh.

We have Welsh teams in the English game. If the Oystons sold off the ground and took the club to a more densely populated area (imagine the away following from all the Scottish/Irish ex-pats...) it would be far more profitable for them and more attractive to any potential new investors or owners.
By Hero-of-the-night 10 months ago
He would struggle to find a more densely populated area than Blackpool, especially Victoria/Revo.
By Bally 10 months ago
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='556299' dateline='1510818100']

The only reason Wimbledon ended up in Milton Keynes is because Sam Hammam wasn't (at the time) allowed to move the club to Dublin. Now the game is far more money orientated, I can see someone trying again to have an English football league club in Dublin, Glasgow or Edinburgh.

We have Welsh teams in the English game. If the Oystons sold off the ground and took the club to a more densely populated area (imagine the away following from all the Scottish/Irish ex-pats...) it would be far more profitable for them and more attractive to any potential new investors or owners.

[/quote]

So you reckon Pool have more fans outside Blackpool than inside Blackpool.
Bally wrote:

So you reckon Pool have more fans outside Blackpool than inside Blackpool.

They certainly have a lot of exiles but obviously not more than inside of Blackpool.
By Tangerinenick 10 months ago
How about moving to Godalming?

I would buy a season ticket.

I am hoping for a saviour for the club a la Belekon.

Feel that he has 3 aces just depends if he can find a fourth and wants to throw his hand down.
By rangers1945 10 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

As I understand it, no. The money the Oystons' need to pay to Belekon is to buy his shares.

So whomever bought the club would be buying the Oystons' shares and I assume therefore Belekon's also.

Thanks Knew I had missed the point
By Rileyman 10 months ago
Good to see you back on here rangers1945. We will back together in the West Stand once Oystons have gone.
By tangerine77 10 months ago
Not sure he could even afford Blackpool FC.
members do not see advertisements