The America thread

By Bally in

General Chat

10 months ago
RE: The America thread
By Bally 10 months ago
By whitstabletangerine 10 months ago
I lived in the States during the course of three Presidents, a diverse country with possibly the highest number of immigrants in the world, the Statue of Liberty seen by so many thousands of people as they entered the country.

Now they have a President hell bent on causing as much civil unrest as possible, why I ask myself does he do these things, the purpose of the leader of the nation is to bring all together not split and isolate segments of the population on religious or racial grounds.

America deserves better leadership and bloody quick too.
By Magic147 10 months ago
Well, just as we now have to suffer the consequences of Brexit due to a majority of our voters being either racist, stupid or both, America has to suffer the consequences of Trump for exactly the same reason.
By Brian Mcculloch Glasgow 10 months ago
Since, the time he came into power he has been hell bent on causing disruption in different ways. A few days back he legalised hunting by americans in Africa by paying huge sums of money. Not only does USA need a better leader but a sensible one as well.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 10 months ago
He throws incendiary media grenades to distract and keep his neanderthal fans riled up . He is gutting social programs this week so there's enough money for tax breaks for those who least need them, although I'm speculating somewhat because the details of the biggest tax law change in decades are being kept secret.
By louise_a 10 months ago
Not only is he legitimatising Britain First, at least in the eyes of a lot of Americans, his press person said it doesn't matter if the videos are real.
Are the people in the White House scarred to death of telling him about the damage he is causing by all this tweeting he does, he degrades the country, comes across as a buffoon, surely to God for the sake of the country they can tell him he is making the USA look bloody daft.

Perhaps if Mrs May went one step further after calling him out and cancelled his visit, he might just realise he has to be a tad more diplomatic, although leopards and spots come to mind.
By louise_a 10 months ago
Whits, I am sure he just does it to appease his rabid, right wing, red neck supporters. I dont think he cares about the effects it has elsewhere.
By thetruth1953 10 months ago
And all May can talk about is our "special relationship" . She,s scared of doing anything to upset the apple cart. Cancel the state visit and tell the gormless buffoon why.
By Leesthedaddy 10 months ago
His ban on travel for Muslims has just been passed
By The Outcast 10 months ago
Now he’s tying to erase the native Indian grounds and monuments
By Magic147 10 months ago
Is he planning to use his massive lego head as an eraser?
By JamesGuy304 10 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Are the people in the White House scarred to death of telling him about the damage he is causing by all this tweeting he does, he degrades the country, comes across as a buffoon, surely to God for the sake of the country they can tell him he is making the USA look bloody daft.

Perhaps if Mrs May went one step further after calling him out and cancelled his visit, he might just realise he has to be a tad more diplomatic, although leopards and spots come to mind.
He only keeps those around him that placate and enhance his ego. Very different from the most successful US Presidents who surrounded themselves with a ‘team of rivals’ so different points of view can be weighed.

It’s an utter travesty upon a nation in which Lincoln stated that “government of, for, and by the people must never perish from this Earth.”

Dark days, indeed...

Leesthedaddy wrote:

His ban on travel for Muslims has just been passed
It’s not ‘passed’ per se, as it was never a piece of legislation that went through Congress and signed by the President into law. This was done through Executive Order.

What’s happening here is the Supreme Court has allowed it to go into effect while legal arguments are prepared for the Court to weigh. I pray they strike it down, as this notion is inherently UNAmerican.

The fact they let it into effect is a bad sign for me. I hope against hope it is not a harbinger of what’s to come when they rule....

The Outcast wrote:

Now he’s tying to erase the native Indian grounds and monuments
His contempt for our native peoples is gut-wrenching.

To have the three Navajo Code Talkers from WWII that still survive to a ceremony honoring their service in the East Room of the White House, only to present them in front of a painting of Andrew Jackson was too much to bear. What an asshole.

That’s akin to honoring holocaust victims in front of a painting of Hitler.

He is a racist. End of.
louise_a wrote:Whits, I am sure he just does it to appease his rabid, right wing, red neck supporters. I dont think he cares about the effects it has elsewhere.
Correct.
By Lancashirehotpot 10 months ago
JamesGuy304 wrote:His contempt for our native peoples is gut-wrenching.

To have the three Navajo Code Talkers from WWII that still survive to a ceremony honoring their service in the East Room of the White House, only to present them in front of a painting of Andrew Jackson was too much to bear. What an asshole.

That’s akin to honoring holocaust victims in front of a painting of Hitler.

He is a racist. End of.
Remind me of his 'native' origins...?
Lancashirehotpot wrote:Remind me of his 'native' origins...?
The origins of the native Americans...
By Hero-of-the-night 10 months ago
Americans have always treated their indigenous population with contempt.

Trump is just a typical ignorant, American pig that believes everyone and everything is inferior!
Fuck him and his bouffant hair cut.
Hero-of-the-night wrote:Americans have always treated their indigenous population with contempt.

Trump is just a typical ignorant, American pig that believes everyone and everything is inferior!
Fuck him and his bouffant hair cut.
That is not quite correct, the many Americans I came across in the fifteen years I lived there were kind and considerate people however if you insist that they treated their indigenous population with contempt perhaps they learnt that from us, we spent centuries uprooting people, killing and taking their lands you only have to look at the legacies of our interventions in Africa, the Middle East and India/Pakistan/Kashmir to see that.
whitstabletangerine wrote:
That is not quite correct, the many Americans I came across in the fifteen years I lived there were kind and considerate people however if you insist that they treated their indigenous population with contempt perhaps they learnt that from us, we spent centuries uprooting people, killing and taking their lands you only have to look at the legacies of our interventions in Africa, the Middle East and India/Pakistan/Kashmir to see that.
The trouble we’ve caused all over the world is different, we’ve now walked away and left them to pick up the pieces!

The Yanks on the other hand are doing it to their own people and the general public don’t care one bit.

USA is a rich South Africa.
We haven't quite walked away from Ireland yet, however Brexit may well change that.
By Bally 10 months ago
How the fuck can the rest of the US government stand by his decision to recognise Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. In one swift move he's alienated the Arab world and most of the Western one. He is so intent on causing shit. I truly believe he wants history to judge him as the worst US president of all time.
Bally wrote:How the fuck can the rest of the US government stand by his decision to recognise Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. In one swift move he's alienated the Arab world and most of the Western one. He is so intent on causing shit. I truly believe he wants history to judge him as the worst US president of all time.
Between this act of unbridled stupidity and North Korea, I'm more fearful he WANTS to start WWIII.
Hero-of-the-night wrote:The trouble we’ve caused all over the world is different, we’ve now walked away and left them to pick up the pieces!

The Yanks on the other hand are doing it to their own people and the general public don’t care one bit.

USA is a rich South Africa.
Sweeping generalizations are often the positions taken by the uninformed. :oops:
By Bally 10 months ago
JamesGuy304 wrote:Between this act of unbridled stupidity and North Korea, I'm more fearful he WANTS to start WWIII.
He does seem obsessed with achieving notoriety.
JamesGuy304 wrote:Sweeping generalizations are often the positions taken by the uninformed. :oops:
It wasn’t a sweeping generalisation. Most Americans don’t give a fuck what goes on in the world , they only care where their next Big Mac comes from.

If what I’ve said is false please tell me how Trump became president in the first place?
Hero-of-the-night wrote:It wasn’t a sweeping generalisation. Most Americans don’t give a fuck what goes on in the world , they only care where their next Big Mac comes from.

If what I’ve said is false please tell me how Trump became president in the first place?

Well, it wasn't because he won the popular vote. When was the last time you visited us here in the states?
JamesGuy304 wrote:Well, it wasn't because he won the popular vote. When was the last time you visited us here in the states?
Once about 8 years ago, I think we will be going to Disney land next year with a trip to New Orleans too.

I’ve met hundreds of your fellow countrymen around the Caribbean and most are arseholes.

I will not sit next to one in a bar/restaurant ever!
California and Louisiana, then there is a good chance you will have to sit next to an American either on a plane or in a bar/restaurant, suggest you tell them personally they are arseholes, much more satisfying than putting your thoughts on a UK message board, that's assuming they let you in on arrival.
members do not see advertisements