members do not see advertisements

1887 The Brew Room ( formerly The Blue Room)

By GynnSquarePhoenix in

Blackpool FC

10 months ago
RE: 1887 The Brew Room ( formerly The Blue Room)
By GynnSquarePhoenix 10 months ago
Blackpool’s first brewery pub will be opening on Friday December 15th at 6pm. This isn’t a pub owned by a brewery, but a pub with a brewery!

10 cask ales, 10 craft beers, chocolate bar milkshake cocktails and real smokehouse food.

This is the beautiful old building famous as the Stanley Arms and especially as the Blue Room. All it’s best features are still in place.

This is the place where Blackpool FC was formed in 1887 and we have a special commemoration of that event inside the pub.

Everyone is welcome to come to the opening, especially the Mayor of Blackpool who will open officially open “1887 The Brew Room”

Best of luck to them.
By Bally 10 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Blackpool’s first brewery pub will be opening on Friday December 15th at 6pm. This isn’t a pub owned by a brewery, but a pub with a brewery!

10 cask ales, 10 craft beers, chocolate bar milkshake cocktails and real smokehouse food.

This is the beautiful old building famous as the Stanley Arms and especially as the Blue Room. All it’s best features are still in place.

This is the place where Blackpool FC was formed in 1887 and we have a special commemoration of that event inside the pub.

Everyone is welcome to come to the opening, especially the Mayor of Blackpool who will open officially open “1887 The Brew Room”

Best of luck to them.

They'll need it.
By The Outcast 10 months ago
It’s going to be amazing. A great craft beer pub, the only craft beer pub in Blackpool. Every other area across the uk has craft beer bars and pubs except the fylde coast. It’s taken it that long to reach here. Blackpool’s like a black hole when it comes to quality beer :) this is good for craft beer drinkers. It means no more long trips to Crewe or Lancaster or Manchester just so you can get a craft beer :) it’s a,so great news for real ale drinkers, as there isn’t much choice in Blackpool for real ales at the moment, or well kept real ales. most places I’ve been in, in town the temperature is upto 1 degree out for the real ales which is bad , or have turned and they are still trying to sell it (I’m looking at you Wetherspoons on that one)

And with the hop shut down, the Edward closing down, and the landlord of Gillespie murdering his girlfriend stopping it from opening it’s nice to see a pub open up in Blackpool instead of closing down.

This will do well catering for a style of drinker that isn’t catered for in Blackpool normally. One where the quality of the beer and the range of beer styles is important. It’s not just for getting pissed cheaply.

And when poulton gets its bottle shop with on and off licence the fylde coast will be starting to catch up to the rest of the country :)

Also it’s not just going to be a pub it’s going to be a community where like minded people can go and enjoy and discuss their beer, and a greater community for locals who will hopefully use it as a friendly hub, were. They see the patrons not just as customers but as friends. There will be board games, an arcade machine and a Football table.

It to mention the home of Blackpool F.C., and the history of the place for fans to come see :)
By Magic147 10 months ago
Good luck, I hope it takes off.

The landlord of Giles' Pies murdered his girlfriend?
Allegedly, Yeah was due to open this week too, so I’ve heard anyway
Fair enough.

They can be fucking annoying.
By TheSteed 10 months ago
Outcast, The Bloomfield is a craft beer pub!
TheSteed wrote:

Outcast, The Bloomfield is a craft beer pub!

I’ve been there. It’s really not. It has a Guinness made fake craft beer on hop 13, and the beer it brews isn’t great quality, and it’s craft bottle selections puts it on par with the bootleg. As in I questioned the girls on the beer and they couldn’t tell me anything. :) the Bloomfield could be a craft beer bar if it tried but they don’t seem to have the inclination :) and whenever I’ve been in their and tried their own beer it’s been full of acetic acid, and it’s bottle and can selection isn’t enough to cal, it a craft beer pub. I’d say it’s a pub that has a small selection craft beer in it. But I believe it’s catering to the football crowds and try8ng to be an all round pub to appeal to everyone
If I would class the Bloomfield as anything it would be a nano brewery tap house (breweub). This isn’t an attack on the Bloomfield, but there is a difference between real ale pubs, craft beer pubs, taprooms/brewhouses, and pbs hat sell craft. Beer :)
By Qblock87 10 months ago
I don’t hold much hope for them. Its not the best position is it?
By munkle 10 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:

I don’t hold much hope for them. Its not the best position is it?

That actually might be in its favour. If they’re targeting craft beer fans, they’ll travel to it but being slightly out of the way they’ll hopefully avoid the pissed up stags and hens looking for Stella.
Where is Stella these days?
By CheshireSeasider 10 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

Where is Stella these days?

I think it's rebranded as 'foreign muck' in Yorkshire mate. ;)
By Bally 10 months ago
munkle wrote:

That actually might be in its favour. If they’re targeting craft beer fans, they’ll travel to it but being slightly out of the way they’ll hopefully avoid the pissed up stags and hens looking for Stella.

Unfortunately most real ale fans are tickers. They just want to sample as many different beers as possible and move on. The best draw for any real ale pub is another one close by. Blackpool doesn't have the real ale following that a lot of other places have.
Craft beer pubs and bottle bars tend to do better out of the centres of towns. Look at beerdock, kill the cat, house of trembling madness (moving to a more suburban area). People who enjoy craft beer prefer it to be more obscure it fits in with the culture :)

The pub will be targeting craft beer fans and have a larger range of craft beer than real ale :) but as they are similar style of drinkers (except targets age range craft tend to sit and discuss their beers a bit more than real ale drinkers and tend to drink more)
CheshireSeasider wrote:

I think it's rebranded as 'foreign muck' in Yorkshire mate. ;)

What's wi' this Belgian shiiite?
House of trembling madness?

Claughton Hall?
By CheshireSeasider 10 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

House of trembling madness?

Claughton Hall?

I actually real life lolled at that!
By TheSteed 10 months ago
The Outcast wrote:

I’ve been there. It’s really not. It has a Guinness made fake craft beer on hop 13, and the beer it brews isn’t great quality, and it’s craft bottle selections puts it on par with the bootleg. As in I questioned the girls on the beer and they couldn’t tell me anything. :) the Bloomfield could be a craft beer bar if it tried but they don’t seem to have the inclination :) and whenever I’ve been in their and tried their own beer it’s been full of acetic acid, and it’s bottle and can selection isn’t enough to cal, it a craft beer pub. I’d say it’s a pub that has a small selection craft beer in it. But I believe it’s catering to the football crowds and try8ng to be an all round pub to appeal to everyone

Last time I went in they had a good choice of craft and cask ales on. Dunno if it's changed.
I only posted this to see if seasider would bust me for posting in the BFC forum due to it's very tenuous connection to the club (yes, I was that bored). I didn't mean it to become a real ale thread :D

:cheers:
By coinslot 10 months ago
Ooooh, you little tinker.
By Leesthedaddy 10 months ago
It’s a good topic with an origin of connection so it’s all good for me.
The Blue Room was the unofficial watering hole for Palatine Rd Tech when I used to go. It's a large, year round, built in crowd if they can sell at least one affordable pint and get the vibe right.
It will be affordable and you can always join the beer buddies
Nearly ready to open on the 15th at 6pm
That's definitely beer.
Allendale Brewery - wagtail 3.8% IBU: 33

Allendale Brewery - Golden Plover4.0% IBU: 30

Anarchy Brew Co - Blonde star 4.1% IBU: 36

Seven Brothers - IPA 5.0%

Spey Valley - Stillmans IPA 4.6%

Weird Beard - Black Perle 3.8%

Bristol Beer Factory - Oatmeal Porter 5.0%

Little Critters - The chameleon Series Mosaic 5.5% IBU: 50

Cross Bay Brewery - RIPA 4%

Lager/Pilsner

(EC) House pilsner is Herold Březnice Castle Brewery - Herold 3.5%

(EC) and the premium is Aktienbrauerei Kaufbeuren AG - Hell 5.0%

(EC) Dark Lager (vienna style) Point Brewery - Amber Lager 4.9% IBU: 14

Craft ales

(EC) Tiny RebelHadouken 7.4%

(EC) Fyne Ales - Jammin 5.0%

(normal Cold)

Dark Star - Hylder Blonde 4.2%

Electric Bear - Laid Back 3.3%

Wild Weather Ale Babel Tree 3.0% (V)

Fyne Ales Ghost Stout 4.7%

Tiny Rebel Stay Puft 5.2%

(some ABV may vary)
By thetruth1953 10 months ago
I hope every barmaid at the pub has remembered all this and more.You did slag off the barmaids at the Bloomfield for not knowing enough.
I’m working there so I deffo will remember it ;). I never forget a beer aha and il be making sure they know which beers are which at least lol being part of a team is sharing information so that we can work more effectively :)

And the Bloomfield barmaids didn’t just not know enough they knew nothing at all about what they served. But I’ve found out the Bloomfield isn’t a brewery pub per say but a finishing pub