General Chat

9 months ago
RE: Dry January
By tangerinejezza 9 months ago
Does anyone else do such a thing?

Tenth year this year, can’t wait until February
By CheshireSeasider 9 months ago
Did it once raising money for Macmillan.

Concentrated on fitness again and felt healthier and fresher by the day, but was itching for that 1st pint.

The following month came and that pint I craved so much tasted disgusting! 6 more followed and I soon got back into the swing of things :laugh:
By Qblock87 9 months ago
Jezza’s not on about the ale. Its the only Month he doesn’t piss himself. He’s at that age.
By Hero-of-the-night 9 months ago
I sometimes go two or three days without a drop but I always feel like a bag of shit.

Can’t sleep, banging headache and shaky hands.

I’d be fucked doing it for a full week let alone a month!
By munkle 9 months ago
I’m quite a big drinker but I’m seriously thinking of going dry for January and possibly beyond.

I’ll probably start clucking by the 2nd.
By Magic147 9 months ago
munkle wrote:

I’m quite a big drinker but I’m seriously thinking of going dry for January and possibly beyond.

I’ll probably start clucking by the 2nd.

Back on the wagon already.

Going for a full year.
Magic147 wrote:

Back on the wagon already.

Going for a full year.

A full year of what?
By Magic147 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

A full year of what?

A full year of social engagements, of course.
Magic147 wrote:

A full year of social engagements, of course.

Bingo in the catholic club with Foggy?
By Bally 9 months ago
Me and the Mrs have decided to go for it. Unfortunately we have a couple of functions to attend during the month. We'll probably break our resolutions and carry the pledge on into Feb as a compensation.
By Magic147 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Bingo in the catholic club with Foggy?

NOTHING will prevent me attending bingo in the catholic club with Foggy.
Bally wrote:

Me and the Mrs have decided to go for it. Unfortunately we have a couple of functions to attend during the month. We'll probably break our resolutions and carry the pledge on into Feb as a compensation.

So.... life as normal!
By Bally 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

So.... life as normal!

Pretty much. We are both committed to losing weight though. Unfortunately alcohol is our biggest hurdle.
By munkle 9 months ago
Bally wrote:

Pretty much. We are both committed to losing weight though. Unfortunately alcohol is our biggest hurdle.

Mine too. I’m also planning to start a paleo diet and start running again. Not done any proper exercise for years.
By Magic147 9 months ago
munkle wrote:

Mine too. I’m also planning to start a paleo diet and start running again. Not done any proper exercise for years.

GOLF
By coinslot 9 months ago
It's a no from me.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 9 months ago
Good luck to all trying. I gave up routine heavy drinking a few years ago. My biting wit kept getting mistaken for rude assholery and recovery times lengthened. Peer pressure is the hardest these days. I got a visit from a Blackpool mate earlier this year who just kept "getting them in" at every opportunity and a fight weekend in Vegas with another Blackpudlian included drinks with everything.
By munkle 9 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Good luck to all trying. I gave up routine heavy drinking a few years ago. My biting wit kept getting mistaken for rude assholery and recovery times lengthened. Peer pressure is the hardest these days. I got a visit from a Blackpool mate earlier this year who just kept "getting them in" at every opportunity and a fight weekend in Vegas with another Blackpudlian included drinks with everything.

A couple of months ago I woke up remembering nothing. I had to put the night before together with receipts, social media posts and flashbacks. It was a rude wake up.
By Magic147 9 months ago
munkle wrote:

A couple of months ago I woke up remembering nothing. I had to put the night before together with receipts, social media posts and flashbacks. It was a rude wake up.

That's every time I go out! :D
By Qblock87 9 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

That's every time I go out! :D

Even to Asda??
By GynnSquarePhoenix 9 months ago
munkle wrote:

Social Media Posts are the modern equivalent of the "Where did I get the party bruise?" a morning after game we used to play.

"you fell out of the taxi"

"you slammed into the door frame as we were leaving"

"you threw a shot glass in the air and headed it as it came down"

Oh how we laughed.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Social Media Posts are the modern equivalent of the "Where did I get the party bruise?" a morning after game we used to play.

"you fell out of the taxi"

"you slammed into the door frame as we were leaving"

"you threw a shot glass in the air and headed it as it came down"

Oh how we laughed.

My wife seems to bruise very easily. After most nights out she has the odd bruise on her legs.

I used to hate waking up in the Cells not knowing how I’d got there. Always a massive relief once I’d found out I’d not done much!

My “drinking memory” when when I was about 19/20, before that age a could remember everything no matter how pissed I was.
By Magic147 9 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:

Even to Asda??

Especially to Asda.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 9 months ago
It helps to be pissed when going around Asda.
By Lancashirehotpot 9 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

It helps to be pissed when going around Asda.

But it would be nice if you don't breathe your beer breath in my face when you go through my checkout!!!
Lancashirehotpot wrote:

But it would be nice if you don't breathe your beer breath in my face when you go through my checkout!!!

The only time I go to asda is to grab a couple of things, not a big shop, so self service checkouts for me!
By Lancashirehotpot 9 months ago

The only time I go to asda is to grab a couple of things, not a big shop, so self service checkouts for me!

Fair enough but I work on those too :laugh:
Lancashirehotpot wrote:

Fair enough but I work on those too :laugh:

Can never tell if that's more frustrating than the regular tills for the employees or not!
By Bally 9 months ago

Can never tell if that's more frustrating than the regular tills for the employees or not!

More frustrating for the staff that were done out of jobs because of them
By tangerinejezza 9 months ago
I now have to defer the start date. Mate is off to the gulf for 8 months, so a night out before is required. I'll start a week late and run into February.
members do not see advertisements