members do not see advertisements

Was at the city game tonight

By TheSteed in

General Football

9 months ago
RE: Was at the city game tonight
By TheSteed 9 months ago
With the girlfriends eldest lad for his Christmas present.

All I’ll say is that they have been taking tips on attendance figures off the Oystons. No way that was nearly sold out, 35,000 there at the most.
By seasider 9 months ago
That's just over half full. Looked more than that.

It was so quiet though, could hear the managers on tv.
By TheSteed 9 months ago
seasider wrote:

That's just over half full. Looked more than that.

It was so quiet though, could hear the managers on tv.

Think they did what they do at Blackpool and packed the stand that’s on camera the most.

Wiki says capacity for football is 53,000 and attendance last night was given as 51,000, but it looked about two thirds full at best.
By seasider 9 months ago
Maybe Helen lied saying it held 60 ;)

She confirmed they do count season ticket holders so I think it's safe to assume that all clubs do.

The difference with Blackpool is that there seems to be another mystery 1,000 from somewhere.
By Hero-of-the-night 9 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

With the girlfriends eldest lad for his Christmas present.

All I’ll say is that they have been taking tips on attendance figures off the Oystons. No way that was nearly sold out, 35,000 there at the most.

City, famous for the invisible man! Just ask the local police.
By seasider 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

City, famous for the invisible man! Just ask the local police.

"We're not, we're not really here"
By tangerine77 9 months ago
Shit supported club. Maine Rd was the right size for them.
By Hero-of-the-night 9 months ago
20 years ago they were in the third tier of English football, just think where they could be in another 20 years with all this oil money.

60k stadium is about right for them.
By thetruth1953 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

20 years ago they were in the third tier of English football, just think where they could be in another 20 years with all this oil money.

60k stadium is about right for them.

They were getting 30,000 attendances in the third tier.There won,t be many teams who would get that many attending in Division 3.
By Bally 9 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

They were getting 30,000 attendances in the third tier.There won,t be many teams who would get that many attending in Division 3.

Villa did. Not many of the other big clubs have dropped that low.
By seasider 9 months ago
I'm sure it was possibly a wind up towards DD but no way can you describe City as having shit support. They turned up in the lower leagues.

I am pretty sure I know the reason why there are empty seats. Most games are sold out but it's boring as fuck watching your team win every week. The atmosphere is so flat. People just don't bother turning up and probably can't be arsed selling their ticket online. When my wife doesn't go, she puts her ticket online and gets 25 quid or so.
By TheSteed 9 months ago
seasider wrote:

I'm sure it was possibly a wind up towards DD but no way can you describe City as having shit support. They turned up in the lower leagues.

I am pretty sure I know the reason why there are empty seats. Most games are sold out but it's boring as fuck watching your team win every week. The atmosphere is so flat. People just don't bother turning up and probably can't be arsed selling their ticket online. When my wife doesn't go, she puts her ticket online and gets 25 quid or so.

The tickets we got we struggled for. Had to search the whole stadium for two seats together, as the seating plan showed it was almost a sell out, and managed to find two in the east stand right in the gods.

To turn up and the place is barely two thirds full is then a bit of a shitter.
Shit support again
TheSteed wrote:

The tickets we got we struggled for. Had to search the whole stadium for two seats together, as the seating plan showed it was almost a sell out, and managed to find two in the east stand right in the gods.

To turn up and the place is barely two thirds full is then a bit of a shitter.

You'd have got a full block together tonight.

Penalty for Bristol City!
By seasider 9 months ago
Brilliant. My wife has booked train tickets for the final already. I know I shouldn't say this but it's made me want Bristol City to win even more!

Not sure why Pep isn't playing a striker.
You just know City will score 4 or 5 second half though.
By seasider 9 months ago
Can't see it unless they bring a striker on. The only fear is that Bristol City ran their bollocks off and pressed hard. Not sure they will be able to keep that up.
It's still 5/1 for a Bristol City win.
By seasider 9 months ago
What were Bristol City doing then! Pressed so high and left a massive gap in midfield. Far too easy.