members do not see advertisements

Racist or not... 3

By seasider in

General Chat

9 months ago
RE: Racist or not... 3
By seasider 9 months ago
The Weeknd

woke up this morning shocked and embarrassed by this photo. i’m deeply offended and will not be working with @hm anymore...

Obviously Monkeys are used a lot in kid's stuff so should we be highlighting it just because a little black kid is wearing a jumper?

On the flip side, possibly a deliberate marketing ploy to stir up the brand. Maybe just an innocent mistake but I doubt someone in marketing for such a big company would be that thick.
By Magic147 9 months ago
Simple mistake I reckon.

It's only racist if, rather than just seeing a little kid in a hoodie, you see a little black kid in a hoodie that says monkey.
By seasider 9 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

Simple mistake I reckon.

It's only racist if, rather than just seeing a little kid in a hoodie, you see a little black kid in a hoodie that says monkey.

Nice way of putting it.
By tangerine77 9 months ago
The kids parents obviously werent offended but no doubt other people will be on there behalf. Surely only a racist person would bring any attention to this anyway.............seasider.
By seasider 9 months ago
tangerine77 wrote:

The kids parents obviously werent offended but no doubt other people will be on there behalf. Surely only a racist person would bring any attention to this anyway.............seasider.

Was on Sky News this morning following a tweet by one of their fashion reps. Simply sharing for thoughts, nothing more.
By Bally 9 months ago
Only a cunt would see a connection.
By Hero-of-the-night 9 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

This is my exact opinion too.

A racist see’s the colour of the skin before the person.

Personally I think it’s good the little lad has it on, he is no different to any other child that age and I know for a fact all kids love Monkeys.
By McPoolmob 9 months ago
members do not see advertisements