members do not see advertisements

Detoxing

By Hero-of-the-night in

General Chat

9 months ago
RE: Detoxing
By Hero-of-the-night 9 months ago
“Tomorrow” I’m starting a little health kick, I’ve been feeling really lethargic of late, I will try to cut bread and potatoes totally out of my diet.

Has anyone else tried this and what was the results?
By Bally 9 months ago
You miss chip butties

Seriously though, cutting out fat is the best way to start
By thetruth1953 9 months ago
Bally wrote:

You miss chip butties

Seriously though, cutting out fat is the best way to start

Cutting out sugars will make a bigger difference.Years ago the dieticians' used to say it was fat that made you fat,which was more to do with the lobbyists of big companies.
By foggy 9 months ago
Yeah, there's a really great guardian long read about how dodgy science and the sugar industry made fat to be the enemy, alongside healthy profits for themselves. I always thought it sounded like some conspiracy theory.

Nutrition has come a long way. It seems we've learnt that the best, simple, diet involves cutting out sugar, cutting down carbs, and getting protein and healthy fats (monosaturated). Also eat lots of cruciferous veg like broccoli and kale.
By Magic147 9 months ago
Sugar is the devil.

Break free of that and you've cracked it.
I’ve know decided to fuck off the no carb diet, even though I’ve not even started it, and start The 21 day sugar detox. I’ve just looked the diet up and I’ve basically live my entire life in the “do not eat” section.

I’m not expecting anyone to be arsed but I’ll keep you updated on progress/lack of.
By foggy 9 months ago
Good luck, man. Getting off sugary drinks was tough for me, I get cravings every time I walk past them in a shop. Cutting them (mostly) out and drinking plenty of water and stuff like green tea has helped me maintain a more balanced energy throughout the day - which is really important for me cause I work 12 hour shifts.

Here's some motivation, just by cutting out sugary drinks you can drop around a pound a month, and that's such a small change in your diet.
foggy wrote:

Good luck, man. Getting off sugary drinks was tough for me, I get cravings every time I walk past them in a shop. Cutting them (mostly) out and drinking plenty of water and stuff like green tea has helped me maintain a more balanced energy throughout the day - which is really important for me cause I work 12 hour shifts.

Here's some motivation, just by cutting out sugary drinks you can drop around a pound a month, and that's such a small change in your diet.

Overcoming ones preconceived “needs” is the biggest challenge we all face.

I know it’s sounds stupid but I have a terrible habit of eating when I’m hungry, a sort of grazing and not when my body actually needs the energy.

I’ve knocked the fizzy pop, or most of it, on the head a while back. What I find with pop is that if you have a glass or two you are then guzzling it by the bucket full before you know it. Awful stuff really.
By Magic147 9 months ago
Good luck.

Health is wealth.

So I'm told.
By munkle 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

“Tomorrow” I’m starting a little health kick, I’ve been feeling really lethargic of late, I will try to cut bread and potatoes totally out of my diet.

Has anyone else tried this and what was the results?

I know we’ve been through this, but try the low alcohol beers. Trust me - less than 2 weeks in and I feel like a new man. I can’t see a reason to go back to full strength beer, no lethargy in the mornings, my skin is better, I’ve lost some weight - it’s almost like everyone was right and drinking booze is ultimately bad for you.

Honestly - give it a go.
its not going well lads, I keep going to the pub at night.

I might have to do the detox but with 6 pints a night calculated into it.
By Bentent 9 months ago
Go vegan that's the latest fad

Can't do it myself bacon/beef is too important in my life
By Magic147 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

its not going well lads, I keep going to the pub at night.

That'll do it!
By Leesthedaddy 9 months ago
Today is my 3rd attempt at not having any booze this year.

So far I’ve managed 2 whole consecutive days, (well, nights but you know)

I don’t sleep a dot, it’s so fucking hard.
By munkle 9 months ago
Please stop fucking about - try the low alcohol stuff! My favourite is Sainsbury’s low alcohol pilsner. 0.5% - it’s life changing.
Leesthedaddy wrote:

Today is my 3rd attempt at not having any booze this year.

So far I’ve managed 2 whole consecutive days, (well, nights but you know)

I don’t sleep a dot, it’s so fucking hard.

This is the fourth night on my diet and I’ve drunk on average 6-8 pints every night.

What do people do if you don’t go to the pub?
By munkle 9 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

This is the fourth night on my diet and I’ve drunk on average 6-8 pints every night.

What do people do if you don’t go to the pub?

Ahh, now I get it.
munkle wrote:

Ahh, now I get it.

Get what luv?