members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

The price is right or wrong?

By AtleticoSeasider in

Blackpool FC


9 months ago
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By AtleticoSeasider 9 months ago
I'm sure you are all aware that the 1953 cup final ball is being auctioned in Feb. If, all our dreams are realised, and we get a complete break from the Oystons before then, this item would be a perfect first signing to grace the new era in my view. It's rightful place has to be in an Oyston free Bloomfield Road. In this scenario, a crowdfunding bid may be enough to secure it assuming the guide price of 3-5k proves to be accurate. Looks a bit low to me, I reckon it will go for more. What do you think it's worth....
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Tangerinenick 9 months ago
Personally would pay 5k for the Oystons to leave. The ball about 5k?

Would be good if the crowd could chip in to buy it. The crowd would have to be after the scum leave otherwise we are looking at about 700 quid including staff n stewards.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Sir Stanley 9 months ago
I'm sure Mr Belokon would buy it and return it one day to its rightful home. Can anyone alert him to the auction?
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By LeeJCP 9 months ago
Sir Stanley wrote:

I'm sure Mr Belokon would buy it and return it one day to its rightful home. Can anyone alert him to the auction?





You gave me an idea,



I am wondering if BST could raise funds to buy this, so when Oystons have gone we can place it on display in BR.



2 questions.



1) If this was put to members bid would you say yes?



2)If we were all asked to throw in a few quid would you be willing?



Just something that came into my head, I think it should be at home where it belongs.



My answers, Yes I would vote in favour of BST buying it and it going back to BR, when Oystons go.



and Yes I would throw in a few quid to pay towards it.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Hero-of-the-night 9 months ago
I would donate something, it’s a very proud part of our history.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By CheshireSeasider 9 months ago
Yes and yes
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By thetruth1953 9 months ago
They,ve picked this post up on the other side.

Some are doubting whether the ball is the genuine article. Hope the provenance gets sorted. If so i am prepared to chip in.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Leesthedaddy 9 months ago
Yes & Yes

A Fiver would fit sweet for me.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Tangerinenick 9 months ago
Yes n Yes
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By whitstabletangerine 9 months ago
Is it the real one or just a fake, well I can assure you having been there that day in 1953 that the ball in question is .............











........................................ I frankly haven't a clue.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Sir Stanley 9 months ago
Yes and yes for me too.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By McPoolmob 9 months ago
Absolutely YES & YES from me.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By McPoolmob 9 months ago
Who is auctioning it?

If its a top auction house its likely to be genuine.

If its on eBay then lts 100% fake. Lol
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By LeeJCP 9 months ago
McPoolmob wrote:

Who is auctioning it?

If its a top auction house its likely to be genuine.

If its on eBay then lts 100% fake. Lol





The FA Cup final hat-trick football will be sold at Hanson’s Auctioneers’ Football Auction on February 22. Call 01283 733988 or email dwilsonturner@hansonsauctioneers.co.uk



Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/blackpool-legend-morty-s-hat-trick-fa-cup-ball-goes-under-the-hammer-1-8943520



Also reported in the Express
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By LeeJCP 9 months ago
Charles Hanson !!!!





Charles Hanson
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Magic147 9 months ago
Si, and oui.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By McPoolmob 9 months ago
LeeJCP wrote:

Charles Hanson !!!!





Charles Hanson





Charles Manson.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By whitstabletangerine 9 months ago
The Gazette says the match was played in front of 100,000 FANS, not quite true ,yes there were 100,000 there that day but the FA only allocated I believe about 20,000 tickets to both clubs the remainder going to officials from other clubs and amateur associations, fans of both clubs accounted for less than half that were in the stadium.

Making the trip to Wembley in those days really meant something to the fans and for so many losing out on not seeing their team play after following them all season while thousands not even associated with their clubs able to obtain tickets was a disgrace, 60,000 neutrals at a final, come on, it was all terribly wrong.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Aussie Dave 9 months ago
That ball used to be upstairs in Harry Johnstons newsagents on Central Drive. HJ was proud to possess it. I don't understand why it left the Johnston family.

I am amazed that it ended up in a tacky raffle.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By AtleticoSeasider 9 months ago
Absolutely yes and yes
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By AtleticoSeasider 9 months ago
And Yes We Can!
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Qblock87 9 months ago
Aussie Dave wrote:

That ball used to be upstairs in Harry Johnstons newsagents on Central Drive. HJ was proud to possess it. I don't understand why it left the Johnston family.

I am amazed that it ended up in a tacky raffle.





They sold Harry’s medal. His Son had no interest in football. I knew his Grandson Neil who went to live in Reading.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Bally 9 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:



They sold Harry’s medal. His Son had no interest in football. I knew his Grandson Neil who went to live in Reading.





Just to make sure he never has anything to do with football
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By Qblock87 9 months ago
Bally wrote:



Just to make sure he never has anything to do with football





He was a good pool player Bally. You would have probably come across him at some stage. His nickname was Ski for some reason.
RE: The price is right or wrong?
By tangerine77 9 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

The Gazette says the match was played in front of 100,000 FANS, not quite true ,yes there were 100,000 there that day but the FA only allocated I believe about 20,000 tickets to both clubs the remainder going to officials from other clubs and amateur associations, fans of both clubs accounted for less than half that were in the stadium.

Making the trip to Wembley in those days really meant something to the fans and for so many losing out on not seeing their team play after following them all season while thousands not even associated with their clubs able to obtain tickets was a disgrace, 60,000 neutrals at a final, come on, it was all terribly wrong.





Still the same today, clubs only get allocated 25k each I think. Thats how undeserving twats with orange face paint get hold of them and try to sell them at hugely inflated prices.
members do not see advertisements