members do not see advertisements

Alex Cowdy

By seasider in

Blackpool FC

9 months ago
RE: Alex Cowdy
By seasider 9 months ago
Matt Scrafton:

I'm still inside Bloomfield Road and I've just seen the news that Blackpool's chief executive Alex Cowdy is set to depart. I saw him in the tunnel area just 10 minutes ago so not sure what has happened. Will try and find out more.
By seanmacca100 9 months ago
Bring back Chris Hough!
By seasider 9 months ago
Absolute circus
By seasider 9 months ago
Blackpool Football Club announces that Alex Cowdy is to leave his position as Chief Executive.

Cowdy, who was appointed to the role of CEO in June 2016, after initially joining as Club Secretary three months earlier, will vacate his role with immediate effect.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Alex for his service and dedication to the role in his time at Bloomfield Road.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/chief-executive-to-depart/
By munkle 9 months ago
Lucky sod - best off out of it.
By thetruth1953 9 months ago
So the departure of the OFC CEO is worthy of three sentences on the club website.mmmm....
By North Shore Dude 9 months ago
"will vacate his role with immediate effect."

Why?
By seasider 9 months ago
No one knows yet and I doubt we will so it's make your own mind up. Cowdy won't say anything that's for sure.
By seanmacca100 9 months ago
the fact the statement is so short and the sudden timing suggests to me that it was a spur of the moment thing. Something must have happened that's caused it today, or it's simply another smaller thing that's built up and tipped him over the edge.
By seasider 9 months ago
Knowing the scum, they probably deliberately timed it at full time in the hope of it getting lost amongst the football discussion.
By seasider 9 months ago
Sam to take over?
By McPoolmob 9 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

So the departure of the OFC CEO is worthy of three sentences on the club website.mmmm....

I'm still waiting for the club website to confirm we have been relegated from the Championship.
By seasider 9 months ago
McPoolmob wrote:

I'm still waiting for the club website to confirm we have been relegated from the Championship.

And the fact Steed 'won' the court case.
By McPoolmob 9 months ago
seasider wrote:

And the fact Steed 'won' the court case.

I've not read it for year's, did they mention that they were found guilty of misappropriation of club funds and fined £31m?
By TheSteed 9 months ago
I know Cowdy has been fishing around other clubs for a few months now, a director of one messaged me to ask what I know about him.
By Hero-of-the-night 9 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

I know Cowdy has been fishing around other clubs for a few months now, a director of one messaged me to ask what I know about him.

I get the impression people are using the club as a paycheque while they look for better things.

Frustrating but understandable!
By Blackpool_Fan 9 months ago
Cost cutting so he has gone.
By thetruth1953 9 months ago
Is it not because if he wanted to attend away games he had to stand the cost himself?
By seasider 9 months ago
Who is going to take over his role and book travel for the players? Will players now end up staying at the wrong hotels and board the wrong trains?
By whitstabletangerine 9 months ago
Perhaps they are doing away with hotels, coaches and trains and in the future the players make their way to the grounds using their own transport.
By Magic147 9 months ago
Rod Dyer terminated as company secretary of BFC and BFC properties as of 11th Jan too.

I reckon anyone suggesting Owen just do the decent thing and negotiate a change of ownership is being shipped out.

He's deluded, and he's surrounded himself with yes men over the years, so he won't like being told his time is up.
By Bally 9 months ago
The old cunts still got a bit of fight left in him. I wonder if he can still rape. Birds with Asthma don't count obviously.
By TheSteed 9 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

Rod Dyer terminated as company secretary of BFC and BFC properties as of 11th Jan too.

I reckon anyone suggesting Owen just do the decent thing and negotiate a change of ownership is being shipped out.

He's deluded, and he's surrounded himself with yes men over the years, so he won't like being told his time is up.

Possibly retaliation for failing to spin Oyston asset stripping as legitimate financial transactions in court.
By Magic147 9 months ago
He made a Rod for his own back.
By CheshireSeasider 9 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

He made a Rod for his own back.

What a Dyer situation!
By Leesthedaddy 9 months ago
Ha Ha.
By seasider 9 months ago
Scrafton didn't hold back.

Every area of the club is in crisis right now and uncertainty reigns supreme. Club staff are left to speculate what will happen next, who will be the next to go and when - or if - the club will ever be sold. It speaks volumes that, given the dearth of communication from above, most speculation inside Bloomfield Road emanates from internet message boards. The staff are told nothing. Even when the club was officially put on the market back in November, it was left to club staff to pass the message on. The Oystons were too cowardly to hold a meeting and spell out exactly what was happening. Even now, there’s only questions and no answers.
By Tangerinenick 9 months ago
and Owen fiddles as Bloomfield Road burns....
By Magic147 9 months ago
And just to make matters worse some inconsiderate fan has issued a costs letter as their costs award keeps being ignored...
By TheSteed 9 months ago
Who would have the audacity to do that?!
members do not see advertisements