RE: RIP Jimmy
By coinslot 8 months ago
RIP to a true gentleman. Very sad news.
By tangerinejezza 8 months ago
RIP Jimmy! A true gentleman and legend
By jonboy35 8 months ago
Very very sad day for all us pool fans , a legend and gentleman has gone , RIP jimmy ?
By seasider 8 months ago
Shocked. I thought he feeling better and over the worse.

RIP. Sad day

By TheSuffolkSeasider 8 months ago
Just got this sad news WhatsApp'ed to me.

Very sad to hear, had heard he was ill hence not appearing on radio 5 in a while but didn't realise it was this serious.

RIP to a legend.
By Windridge 8 months ago
Very sad news, RIP Jimmy.

Thank you so much for the memories - legends never die.
By chef1066 8 months ago
Farewell to a BFC legend.
By McPoolmob 8 months ago
R.I.P. OUR JIMMY.

So sad I have no words.
By Hero-of-the-night 8 months ago
Absolutely gutted.

It’s awful knowing that we can’t pay our respects in a traditional way. The final part of a great period in our history has gone today.

RIP Sir Jim, a true Gent.
By shaunw 8 months ago
Fortunate to see him play in Div2 and Div1. Went to his testimonial.
By seasider 8 months ago
AS: The flag is to be lowered at the town hall in Blackpool, council leader Simon Blackburn has confirmed #JimmyArmfield
By Windridge 8 months ago
Cancer is an absolutely horrible illness, my heart goes out to his family and friends at this most sad time.

Might be too soon, but if us fans can do something to remember him by (a tribute match/concert) then that would help to honour his legacy. Perhaps hiring one of Squires Gate, AFC Blackpool or Wren Rovers for a fundraising match for cancer charities at the end of the season?

Just a thought, and IF it got the okay to go ahead I'd be happy to contribute the match trophy.
By Lincolnshireseasider91 8 months ago
R.I.P Jimmy
By seasider 8 months ago
I am sure a few fans will be going to the stadium to pay tribute next to his statue.
By munkle 8 months ago
My thoughts are with his family. A true legend.

If JD4 is happening this year I hope we can have a 2 minute silence in the middle, outside the ground. Would say everything.
By seasider 8 months ago
He must be the only man who can make you feel about Blackpool FC at present. A real shame his last memory of BFC was utter chaos. That really does leave a sour taste. Obviously today is not about that though and it's about celebrating his life. You can tell by the reaction on Social Media that he wasn't just a Blackpool FC legend, he was also loved and respected by the whole football community. It's amazing we can say he was one of our own.
By Hero-of-the-night 8 months ago
seasider wrote:

I am sure a few fans will be going to the stadium to pay tribute next to his statue.

The little lad and I will be down there tonight to lay some flowers.
By Johnm99 8 months ago
RIP Jimmy.

Ar dheis de go raibh a anam.
By Rossall Tangerine 8 months ago
RIP absolute legend. Such a shame he didn't see the club in better times.
By raefil 8 months ago
Jimmy Armfield one of the true greats and Gentlemen of football. Therell be a special place reserved for him with Sir Tom and I bet theyre both sat together now sharing wonderful stories.

RIP Jim, youll be sorely missed.

I never got to really see either of them play but my Dad used to recount story after story about him and how along with Sir tom he was a pure magician.

No rivalries now just a joining of hands to wish his family and close friends sincere best wishes. He was a goodun and I`ll be making a special trip to pay tribute to him, not just for me but my dearly departed Dad too.
By CheshireSeasider 8 months ago
RIP Jimmy, club hero! We will make the trip up on Saturday to pay tribute. Sad day :(
By thetruth1953 8 months ago
R.I.P Jimmy legend but more importantly a gentleman.
By Tangerinenick 8 months ago
RIP

Lovely bloke. True Club legend.
By Magic147 8 months ago
RIP Jimmy, another legend passes.
By WestOfPreston 8 months ago
RIP Jimmy Armfield - a brilliant player, and a charming, thoroughly top-class gentleman who was a great ambassador for your fine club.

PS I genuinely hope you get BFC back. I profoundly disagree with those among my fellow Nobbers who sneer at your plight. We want you back, as strong rivals.
By Bentent 8 months ago
RIP Jimmy

A true legend, not just of Blackpool but of the game itself.

Condolences to his family
By GynnSquarePhoenix 8 months ago
members do not see advertisements