members do not see advertisements

Should I, Shouldn't I?

By Windridge in

General Football

8 months ago
RE: Should I, Shouldn't I?
By Windridge 8 months ago
Had a message off a friend in London which reads thus:

'As you know, I am a fan of Ashford Town (Middlesex) and this summer we will be celebrating our 60th birthday having originally formed as Ashford Albion in 1958.

The Tangerine in our kit comes from (you guessed it!) Blackpool Football Club and our first committee were almost entirely Blackpool supporters. It also helped, having virtually no budget to speak of back then, that we were the only team to play in the then Athenian League.

If Blackpool's Reserve/Youth side would be interested in playing us during pre-season 2018-19, as part of our 60th anniversary celebrations, I am sure that the club would be delighted to host them.'

Should I contact the club about this, or given the circumstances at the club should I not bother? An Ashford Town (Middlesex) v Blackpool XI would obviously be a well attended match and would put cash in their coffers, but with everything going on at the club is it worth doing?
By GynnSquarePhoenix 8 months ago
It seems like they should contact the club directly. It would get more attention than a letter that starts ... " I've got this mate...."
By thetruth1953 8 months ago
If you paid last months late installment you,d get a rapid favourable reply.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

It seems like they should contact the club directly. It would get more attention than a letter that starts ... " I've got this mate...."

Fair shout that.

He knows people on their committee so maybe they'll be in touch.
thetruth1953 wrote:

If you paid last months late installment you,d get a rapid favourable reply.

Haha! :laugh:

I doubt that Ashford Town (Middlesex) have £10k to lend the Oyston's, let alone £10m!
By Highfield_hunk 8 months ago
Don't you dare
members do not see advertisements