members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

Pot Holes

By seasider in

General Chat


8 months ago
RE: Pot Holes
By seasider 8 months ago
Good to see the council finally putting a plan together. It's that bad though I doubt it will scratch the surface so to speak. I've never seen it as bad as this which shows the lack of investment.



https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/hole-lotta-love-for-plan-to-tackle-road-problems-1-9006519/amp?__twitter_impression=true
RE: Pot Holes
By tangerinejezza 8 months ago
There’s a huge hole on church road and two side roads near us are like the moon with craters in
RE: Pot Holes
By seasider 8 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

There’s a huge hole on church road and two side roads near us are like the moon with craters in





I hit one on Church Road and my ABS and Warning Light came on. The council should pay for any repairs if we are paying road tax. What do they want us to do, swerve out of the way and hit something.
RE: Pot Holes
By tangerinejezza 8 months ago
seasider wrote:



I hit one on Church Road and my ABS and Warning Light came on. The council should pay for any repairs if we are paying road tax. What do they want us to do, swerve out of the way and hit something.





You have to prove they knew about it. I need to find a pothole reporting website. Then they get bombarded with the crap state of roads. Yet they find money to build speed bumps, but not to repair what’s already down.
RE: Pot Holes
By whitstabletangerine 8 months ago
seasider wrote:



I hit one on Church Road and my ABS and Warning Light came on. The council should pay for any repairs if we are paying road tax. What do they want us to do, swerve out of the way and hit something.





It isn't road tax now though is it, it is car tax, an environment tax on co2 emissions.



The tax from motorists goes towards saving the planet, it is all rather convenient for the government switching from roads to environmental issues.
RE: Pot Holes
By Rimm-BFC 8 months ago
Strange how you can comment on this story, but not the one relating to Oyston's loan in the Grrrzzzeeetttteee



What a crap rag - I hate it :angryfire::angryfire::thumbsdown:
RE: Pot Holes
By tangerinejezza 8 months ago
Has anyone driven along cropper road lately? Lorries delivering to the housing estate they’ve just built along with total neglect, has lead to to what must be Britain’s worst road. Any quicker than 10 mph and you’ll reck your suspension.
RE: Pot Holes
By munkle 8 months ago
RE: Pot Holes
By TheSuffolkSeasider 8 months ago
What do they use the money for that they charge companies to have traffic management?
RE: Pot Holes
By tangerinejezza 8 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

What do they use the money for that they charge companies to have traffic management?





In 1970 100% of road fund tax was used on the roads. Now it’s less than 20%
RE: Pot Holes
By coinslot 8 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:



You have to prove they knew about it. I need to find a pothole reporting website. Then they get bombarded with the crap state of roads. Yet they find money to build speed bumps, but not to repair what’s already down.





If you go on the Fylde Borough Council website, there is a page where you can report potholes. I know this because Mrs C hit one on Thursday evening and punctured a tyre. It was on Kilnhouse Lane, just after Queensway. Had the tyre replaced this morning and then drove to where the pothole was to take pictures. FBC have already filled it, so no chance of making a claim. Pretty sure they wouldn't have paid out anyway.
RE: Pot Holes
By tangerinejezza 8 months ago
coinslot wrote:



If you go on the Fylde Borough Council website, there is a page where you can report potholes. I know this because Mrs C hit one on Thursday evening and punctured a tyre. It was on Kilnhouse Lane, just after Queensway. Had the tyre replaced this morning and then drove to where the pothole was to take pictures. FBC have already filled it, so no chance of making a claim. Pretty sure they wouldn't have paid out anyway.





I’ve tried, keeps saying site down. Lancashire cc is what it forwards you too
RE: Pot Holes
By coinslot 8 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:



I’ve tried, keeps saying site down. Lancashire cc is what it forwards you too





Must be a problem at their end. It was fine on Thursday. It's probably crashed due to the amount of people trying to report potholes.



Driving around St Annes today with the new tyre, I was actively avoiding them. It's impossible, there are that many. I ended up swerving round them and probably looked like I'd sunk 10 pints.
RE: Pot Holes
By tangerinejezza 8 months ago
coinslot wrote:



Must be a problem at their end. It was fine on Thursday. It's probably crashed due to the amount of people trying to report potholes.



Driving around St Annes today with the new tyre, I was actively avoiding them. It's impossible, there are that many. I ended up swerving round them and probably looked like I'd sunk 10 pints.





Ha! Yeah it does look sometimes like that..
RE: Pot Holes
By TheSuffolkSeasider 8 months ago
It's okay though, we're building a slightly faster railway.
RE: Pot Holes
By thetruth1953 8 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

It's okay though, we're building a slightly faster railway.





That will have extortionate ticket prices unless you book six months in advance.
RE: Pot Holes
By Windridge 8 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:



That will have extortionate ticket prices unless you book six months in advance.





Guess that's the price we have to pay for funding the biggest upgrade to the National Railway Network since Queen Victoria was on the throne...
members do not see advertisements