members do not see advertisements

Shit pub food

By Hero-of-the-night in

General Chat

7 months ago
RE: Shit pub food
By Hero-of-the-night 7 months ago
When out for tea last night, this is how it went.

-The White Bull, Great Ecc

No food on all week.

-The Ship Elswick

Order Beef and Guinness pie, potatoes and seasonal veg. The bird brought over a side dish of peas. I pointed out I’d payed £2 extra for seasonal veg and she said she would replace the dish. After waiting ten minuets my dinner was now cold and I told her that out too.

The manager walked over and started to be all “Munkle” on me and almosted blamed me for being picky.

We got a full refund, £50, and fucked off after telling the fat cow that we will never be back. (I think she was quite happy with this outcome).

-The Sitting Goose, Catford.

Average meal but sold Popping candy Sunday for the little lad and just got ice cream. They had ran out of Popping candy but we were still charged £5.50 for it.

At this point I just smiled and took it as one of those days.

Anyone else had bad experiences like this.
By Bally 7 months ago
If out that way, we just play it safe and go to Nells. Usually decent enough ale and food. Plus Harry likes to play Pool
Bally wrote:

If out that way, we just play it safe and go to Nells. Usually decent enough ale and food. Plus Harry likes to play Pool

I live less than five minutes from Nells
By Bally 7 months ago
I guess we've just been lucky
By thetruth1953 7 months ago
Bally wrote:

I guess we've just been lucky

in not bumping into you.
By tangerinejezza 7 months ago
Don’t bother with the blossoms.
By seasider 7 months ago
I like the Sitting Goose and Ship. Nice drive out and always decent food.

The Blossoms is a bit chaotic but my meal was actually ok.

Water's Edge seems to be a bit hit and miss. More misses of late.

Nothing can beat my meal in Spain last year. Fair enough there was around 12 lads on a stag do but it was the first time I've been a restaurant where the food didn't actually come. About half the lads got the food, some only got the peppercorn sauce without the steak, it was just that bad it was funny. I would understand if we just turned up but it was booked! Thankfully we were given a full refund minus the drinks.
By Magic147 7 months ago
The Vic in St Annes used to do a superb chicken, cheese and bbq sauce baguette which I would scoff whilst playing the annual Catholic Club v The Vic match.
By seasider 7 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

The Vic in St Annes used to do a superb chicken, cheese and bbq sauce baguette which I would scoff whilst playing the annual Catholic Club v The Vic match.

My local but never really go in for food. I should try it more. The reality is that if get lucky to have a night off, we are more likely to go to Lytham. I like Olivers in St.Annes and the fact you bring your own food. Limited menu though.
By Magic147 7 months ago
This would have been about 16 or 17 years ago I reckon, can't believe how old I am.
seasider wrote:

My local but never really go in for food. I should try it more. The reality is that if get lucky to have a night off, we are more likely to go to Lytham. I like Olivers in St.Annes and the fact you bring your own food. Limited menu though.

You take your own food??

I knew you took drink, but food !
By munkle 7 months ago
Sound guy in The Ship. Knows his onions.
seasider wrote:

I like the Sitting Goose and Ship. Nice drive out and always decent food.

The Blossoms is a bit chaotic but my meal was actually ok.

Water's Edge seems to be a bit hit and miss. More misses of late.

Nothing can beat my meal in Spain last year. Fair enough there was around 12 lads on a stag do but it was the first time I've been a restaurant where the food didn't actually come. About half the lads got the food, some only got the peppercorn sauce without the steak, it was just that bad it was funny. I would understand if we just turned up but it was booked! Thankfully we were given a full refund minus the drinks.

Every time I’ve been in blossom, someone is sending food back. I’ve never had it that bad, but a lot seems to go back.

Lad has just started a job at waters edge, most people I know said it’s ok.

Miller and carter is excellent tho not cheap.

The Vic has always been decent food but new landlady is a bit up herself. Wouldn’t accept my gk season ticket. So had to download the app at the bar. Which got me a free pint. So not all bad.

Shovels is improving again after the last landlord left
By coinslot 7 months ago
Go in The Blossoms when they send us vouchers for 30-40% off the food bill. Not had a bad meal there yet. Mind you, I usually go for the ultimate all day breakfast and you can't really mess that up.
coinslot wrote:

Go in The Blossoms when they send us vouchers for 30-40% off the food bill. Not had a bad meal there yet. Mind you, I usually go for the ultimate all day breakfast and you can't really mess that up.

Funnily enough, it’s the 30-40% off vouchers that gets us in the shovels
By Bally 7 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Funnily enough, it’s the 30-40% off vouchers that gets us in the shovels

Same with us in The Golden Eagle. It's a 2min walk but would go elsewhere, even if it involved taxis, rather than pay full price in there.

Which Landlord are you on about that left The Shovels? Kevin or has Jimmy gone as well?
Bally wrote:

Same with us in The Golden Eagle. It's a 2min walk but would go elsewhere, even if it involved taxis, rather than pay full price in there.

Which Landlord are you on about that left The Shovels? Kevin or has Jimmy gone as well?

The last one left just before Christmas. Gone to the grapes in wrea green. I’ve not been in enough since to get the name of the new one
By Bally 7 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

The last one left just before Christmas. Gone to the grapes in wrea green. I’ve not been in enough since to get the name of the new one

Jimmy replaced Kevin when he came back to The Eagle. Jimmy's a good lad, I used to drink in the Dunes when he had it
Bally wrote:

Jimmy replaced Kevin when he came back to The Eagle. Jimmy's a good lad, I used to drink in the Dunes when he had it

Yes ,I remember Kevin and him going back to the eagle. Think you told me that’s where he’d gone. Jimmy is now at the grapes. He went in October, I don't know the new bloke.
By seasider 7 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

You take your own food??

I knew you took drink, but food !

Drink I mean ha.

Not tried Miller and Carter yet
Bally wrote:

So did I, I bet we know each other!
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

So did I, I bet we know each other!

Everyone knows Bally. This is him around that time.
By Bally 7 months ago
Bally wrote:

Just been informed that we're off to Nells tomorrow. Harry's got a mate stopping over and they want to go there for tea. The mrs will drive so it's a win situation for me. A giant steak pud and several real ales.
By Bally 7 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Everyone knows Bally. This is him around that time.

I wish. I've never been that thin
By Lancashirehotpot 7 months ago
seasider wrote:

Drink I mean ha.

Not tried Miller and Carter yet

You need to, Seasider. Very enjoyable.
By tangerinejezza 4 months ago
Bally wrote:

The landlord is called Sean now, not been in for ages as we’ve not had any online vouchers for a while now. But on a positive note. We get a staff discount at the pub where Will’s working
By Lancashirehotpot 4 months ago
Had a very enjoyable meal at The River Wyre last week.

Also, The Villa Italian at Greenhalgh are quite reasonably priced, their food is delicious!
By Hero-of-the-night 4 months ago
We had tea at The Horns in Churchtown today, a little pricey and not great at all!

We ate at The Ship in Freckleton the other day and that was decent food.
By tangerinejezza 4 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

We had tea at The Horns in Churchtown today, a little pricey and not great at all!

We ate at The Ship in Freckleton the other day and that was decent food.

The ship used to be a cracking pub , went to the horns years ago. Enjoyed that, tho I wasn’t paying.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 4 months ago
Lancashirehotpot wrote:

Had a very enjoyable meal at The River Wyre last week.

Also, The Villa Italian at Greenhalgh are quite reasonably priced, their food is delicious!

Oh shit, the River Wyre. Now I'm hit with nostalgia. Shovels, Shard... What happened to Wardleys? Looks all different on Google and can't get on street view.