members do not see advertisements

A new strategy against the EFL

By AtleticoSeasider in

Blackpool FC

7 months ago
RE: A new strategy against the EFL
By AtleticoSeasider 7 months ago
Given the continued lack of action from the EFL, a step up regarding the campaign for change is clearly warranted. The BST meeting produced some interesting suggestions, such as protest march involving other crisis clubs etc. But how about this for an idea? Hit them where it hurts by lobbying the commercial partners of the EFL. There is a page on the EFL website that gives a list of their partners. I'm sure these companies may be interested in being made aware of our situation and the lack of action from the Custodians of the league they have a commercial relationship with....
By McPoolmob 7 months ago
AtleticoSeasider wrote:

Given the continued lack of action from the EFL, a step up regarding the campaign for change is clearly warranted. The BST meeting produced some interesting suggestions, such as protest march involving other crisis clubs etc. But how about this for an idea? Hit them where it hurts by lobbying the commercial partners of the EFL. There is a page on the EFL website that gives a list of their partners. I'm sure these companies may be interested in being made aware of our situation and the lack of action from the Custodians of the league they have a commercial relationship with....

https://twitter.com/KnightTangerine/status/963356550604697600
By Highfield_hunk 7 months ago
AtleticoSeasider wrote:

What a ridiculous idea
By seasider 7 months ago
Highfield_hunk wrote:

What a ridiculous idea

It's not really. It's just we are too small a club to make a difference. You would need to be a club the size of Liverpool (and Everton) to effect big organisations similar to what they have done with The Sun.
By AtleticoSeasider 7 months ago
I think that's correct Highfield. It would have to be a coordinated effort from all crisis clubs and whoever else believes that the EFL have lost their moral compass. Perhaps though the proposed petition, when we get a significant amount of signatures, would do the trick because the implicit commercial risk becomes far greater. However, I wouldn't propose a boycott of the EFLs commercial partners products, at least not initially. Stage one would simply be an awareness exercise to them. I seem to remember that we put the pressure on Oyston FC sponsors at some point as part of NAPM. The key point is that corporates are getting far more sensitive to social governance issues, and the EFLs inertia is indefensible in my view...
By Windridge 7 months ago
The problem is to whom are the EFL and FA accountable?

It would seem that The Premier League, The EFL and clubs within the Non-League Pyramid are all accountable to the FA, but then the FA is only accountable to UEFA and ultimately FIFA.

Should the Government intervene on the fans behalf (which would be a very welcome move), UEFA and FIFA would only strip us of our right to play international football.

What I personally feel is required is an FAXIT, UEFAXIT and FIFAXIT, If clubs threaten to break away and exit the existing system, and form a new one (even 'going renegade') that could be enough to frighten the powers-that-be into making long overdue change.