members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

New Buyer.

By McPoolmob in

Blackpool FC


6 months ago
RE: New Buyer.
By McPoolmob 6 months ago
An overseas-based private equity firm has lodged firm interest in buying Blackpool Football Club. But The Gazette understands that, while an offer is on the table for the club, it involves the interested party leasing the Bloomfield Road stadium as part of the deal. Rumours have circulated that relations have broken down with Owen, left, and his son Karl This would be a deeply unpopular move among Blackpool’s fanbase who have made it abundantly clear they want no Oyston involvement in the future of their football club. As it stands, the club is being advertised for sale as two different entities: the club and its properties. What's Hot in Interiors for 2018? From Velvet Sofas to Terrazzo Tiles, check out these must-have interior trends for 2018. Promoted by ​Arlo&Jacob While it remains unclear whether the stadium would remain under Oyston ownership in a prospective buyout or be sold to a separate buyer, both would be risky scenarios. League Two side Coventry City have experienced issues with their controversial owners Sisu leasing the Ricoh Arena stadium from the local council. ADVERTISING The situation reared its head during the 2013/14 season when Coventry were forced to play their home games at Northampton Town’s Sixfields ground - 40 miles away from their home. It is now owned by Rugby Union side Wasps, which bought it from the council in 2014. More recently, non-league outfit Dulwich Hamlet have been threatened with eviction from their ground by the property investment fund which owns the Champion Hill stadium. Dulwich were handed an unanticipated bill for back rent of £121,000 on Monday evening with the threat of a winding-up order to follow within 21 days, and were served notice that their licence to play at the stadium had been terminated with immediate effect. This latest development in the ongoing saga at Blackpool Football Club follows claims made in a national newspaper that an American group, separate to the private equity firm, is also interested in taking over. The Gazette understands five or six separate parties remain interested, although one obstacle remains: Owen Oyston. The story, published in the Daily Mail, also claims Karl Oyston, the club’s former chairman, has written to both the EFL and the FA to claim his own father isn’t fit to run the football club. It is claimed Karl has written to football’s main governing bodies to express concerns at Owen’s handling of the club following November’s High Court judgement. Former director Valeri Belokon was awarded £31.27m after it was found the Oystons had illegitimately stripped the football club of funds following its promotion to the Premier League in 2010. Justice Marcus Smith found the Latvian had been ‘unfairly prejudiced’ and the club was put up for sale four days later. Belokon is still owed in the region of £25m after the Oystons missed January’s deadline to pay the second £10m instalment. That led to bailiffs being sent to Bloomfield Road on Monday, on behalf of Belokon, as well as Oyston’s Quernmore Park Hall estate in Lancaster. The Mail claims Karl wants a sale to limit the amount of family assets picked off by Belokon. These claims come after Karl made a surprise intervention in the most recent court hearing last month - emailing the judge to confirm that realistic offers for Oyston-owned properties had been rejected by his father. This comes in the midst of a bitter family feud between Karl, who was sacked as chairman in January, and his father Owen. Karl’s son Sam also left his role as chief executive in February having spent just 28 days in the job. Owen’s daughter Natalie is currently employed as the club’s chairwoman. When contacted by The Gazette, the EFL said they were in no position to comment on private correspondence. The FA, meanwhile, declined to comment while Karl Oyston failed to respond.



Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/overseas-firm-bids-to-buy-seasiders-but-will-any-deal-include-bloomfield-road-1-9055598
RE: New Buyer.
By whitstabletangerine 6 months ago
Leasing the Bloomfield Road stadium, that will cost a pretty penny no doubt, need a good crowd in attendance to make that a worthwhile proposition.
RE: New Buyer.
By McPoolmob 6 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Leasing the Bloomfield Road stadium, that will cost a pretty penny no doubt, need a good crowd in attendance to make that a worthwhile proposition.





IF the money is going to the Oystons there won't be any crowd.
RE: New Buyer.
By seanmacca100 6 months ago
No deal. They buy it all or nothing at all. There’ll be nobody at games.
RE: New Buyer.
By Bentent 6 months ago
It should be made clear to any investor that no Oyston presence is the only acceptable solution
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
McPoolmob wrote:

An overseas-based private equity firm has lodged firm interest in buying Blackpool Football Club. But The Gazette understands that, while an offer is on the table for the club, it involves the interested party leasing the Bloomfield Road stadium as part of the deal. Rumours have circulated that relations have broken down with Owen, left, and his son Karl This would be a deeply unpopular move among Blackpool’s fanbase who have made it abundantly clear they want no Oyston involvement in the future of their football club. As it stands, the club is being advertised for sale as two different entities: the club and its properties. What's Hot in Interiors for 2018? From Velvet Sofas to Terrazzo Tiles, check out these must-have interior trends for 2018. Promoted by ​Arlo&Jacob While it remains unclear whether the stadium would remain under Oyston ownership in a prospective buyout or be sold to a separate buyer, both would be risky scenarios. League Two side Coventry City have experienced issues with their controversial owners Sisu leasing the Ricoh Arena stadium from the local council. ADVERTISING The situation reared its head during the 2013/14 season when Coventry were forced to play their home games at Northampton Town’s Sixfields ground - 40 miles away from their home. It is now owned by Rugby Union side Wasps, which bought it from the council in 2014. More recently, non-league outfit Dulwich Hamlet have been threatened with eviction from their ground by the property investment fund which owns the Champion Hill stadium. Dulwich were handed an unanticipated bill for back rent of £121,000 on Monday evening with the threat of a winding-up order to follow within 21 days, and were served notice that their licence to play at the stadium had been terminated with immediate effect. This latest development in the ongoing saga at Blackpool Football Club follows claims made in a national newspaper that an American group, separate to the private equity firm, is also interested in taking over. The Gazette understands five or six separate parties remain interested, although one obstacle remains: Owen Oyston. The story, published in the Daily Mail, also claims Karl Oyston, the club’s former chairman, has written to both the EFL and the FA to claim his own father isn’t fit to run the football club. It is claimed Karl has written to football’s main governing bodies to express concerns at Owen’s handling of the club following November’s High Court judgement. Former director Valeri Belokon was awarded £31.27m after it was found the Oystons had illegitimately stripped the football club of funds following its promotion to the Premier League in 2010. Justice Marcus Smith found the Latvian had been ‘unfairly prejudiced’ and the club was put up for sale four days later. Belokon is still owed in the region of £25m after the Oystons missed January’s deadline to pay the second £10m instalment. That led to bailiffs being sent to Bloomfield Road on Monday, on behalf of Belokon, as well as Oyston’s Quernmore Park Hall estate in Lancaster. The Mail claims Karl wants a sale to limit the amount of family assets picked off by Belokon. These claims come after Karl made a surprise intervention in the most recent court hearing last month - emailing the judge to confirm that realistic offers for Oyston-owned properties had been rejected by his father. This comes in the midst of a bitter family feud between Karl, who was sacked as chairman in January, and his father Owen. Karl’s son Sam also left his role as chief executive in February having spent just 28 days in the job. Owen’s daughter Natalie is currently employed as the club’s chairwoman. When contacted by The Gazette, the EFL said they were in no position to comment on private correspondence. The FA, meanwhile, declined to comment while Karl Oyston failed to respond.



Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/overseas-firm-bids-to-buy-seasiders-but-will-any-deal-include-bloomfield-road-1-9055598





Hero will have a nosebleed reading that!



If there is interest, then providing that the people behind the bid are reputable then I think it's a good sign.



Sad news about Dulwich Hamlet FC as well - looks like they will be folding along with league rivals Thurrock FC.
RE: New Buyer.
By Magic147 6 months ago
It's alright, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
RE: New Buyer.
By footysupporter 6 months ago
Surely Valeri Belokon will take possession of Bloomfield Road Stadium and his daughter could buy/and have possession of the club in her name until Valeri is once again deemed a fit and proper person? Just a thought that might get rid of the Oystons once and for all?
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
Valeri has 'first dibs', but I'm not sure how long he'd wish to be at the club for.



I think that he will start next season as Owner/Chairman, but if made a good offer by a reputable person/s he might well decide to take the money and pass the club on into hopeful honest and capable hands.
RE: New Buyer.
By footysupporter 6 months ago
The very first thing Valeri should do is acquire the Bloomfield Road Stadium, surely the EFL couldn't prevent that and then the club if the EFL will allow it. Finally, he should take every last nut and bolt that the rapist owns and leave nothing for his family to inherit. Now that to me would be a fitting end to this disgraceful saga.
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
Kaspars is still on the board, so he and/or Normunds could run the club.



Peter Ridsdale was Chairman at Preston North End, whilst also serving an EFL ban for his actions at Leeds United, Barnsley and Cardiff City. He got around it by saying that he was Chairman in name only and that Trevor Hemmings was the one calling all the shots.
RE: New Buyer.
By smuggs2006 6 months ago
yeah as im aware the money owen gets will pay VB.

And he will get rent which is not really a problem as he would not have a anything to do with profits or revenue of the club , but the main issue say they buy a lease for 6million crowds are 5-6k and we stay in league one for 10 years and never make anything and worse make a small lose , they will get bored and walk away almost but run it as, loss leader against another investment . They will not then sell the lease as they would have wipe the 6m which the shareholders of hedge fund would not allow. So i think the whole thing is a nightmare waiting to happen. Oyston get a small rent payment imo is small fry let the old git do want ever he wants just dont want him having day to day runnings of the club. In a fantasy world he will sod off all together.
RE: New Buyer.
By McPoolmob 6 months ago
When the Grim Reaper takes the Grim Raper he will most likely leave the lease to his Daughter as Karl pissed on his chips when he sent that email to the Judge.
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
smuggs2006 wrote:

yeah as im aware the money owen gets will pay VB.

And he will get rent which is not really a problem as he would not have a anything to do with profits or revenue of the club , but the main issue say they buy a lease for 6million crowds are 5-6k and we stay in league one for 10 years and never make anything and worse make a small lose , they will get bored and walk away almost but run it as, loss leader against another investment . They will not then sell the lease as they would have wipe the 6m which the shareholders of hedge fund would not allow. So i think the whole thing is a nightmare waiting to happen. Oyston get a small rent payment imo is small fry let the old git do want ever he wants just dont want him having day to day runnings of the club. In a fantasy world he will sod off all together.





Some of the pros for anybody taking over Blackpool FC:



* A potentially large fan-base

* A club with a rich history and proud of its achievements

* The club is located in one of the UK's premier tourist hot-spots

* The area is hopefully set to benefit from the Northern Powerhouse



There is definitely a lot to be optimistic about - even in the Championship, we will attract good away crowds from the likes of Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest etc. Plus, if an annual pre-season tournament could take place at Bloomfield Road (perhaps for Rape Crisis, in the first year as an apology for Owen's bad behaviour) we could maybe attract overseas/Scottish clubs to the town in July. We might even bring in 'passing trade' from tourists who would not normally be Blackpool fans but who would be interested in watching a football match whilst on holiday.



Even if the Championship is the highest league we'll play in in my lifetime, if we are Oyston-free and debt-free I will take that any day of the week.
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
McPoolmob wrote:

When the Grim Reaper takes the Grim Raper he will most likely leave the lease to his Daughter as Karl pissed on his chips when he sent that email to the Judge.





How is Natalie is going to fund the day-to-day running of the club?



Does she even want the job? What does the club mean to her, other than a convenient means of employment?



Natalie would sell up for a sensible offer - she doesn't need the hassle.
RE: New Buyer.
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
Whoever buys the club will need experts on every loophole possible. Those fuckers will try their luck at conning every chance they get.
RE: New Buyer.
By munkle 6 months ago
Some good news about Dulwich Hamlet - my local team and their biggest rivals Tooting and Mitchum United have just offered them a ground share for the season.



A great example of grassroots football showing the higher leagues that there’s still humanity in the game.
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
munkle wrote:

Some good news about Dulwich Hamlet - my local team and their biggest rivals Tooting and Mitchum United have just offered them a ground share for the season.



A great example of grassroots football showing the higher leagues that there’s still humanity in the game.





Great news, hopefully they'll be able to return to Champion Hill one day soon.
RE: New Buyer.
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
Windridge wrote:



Great news, hopefully they'll be able to return to Champion Hill one day soon.





I appreciate that we are supposed to some compassion to other clubs but, does anyone really give a fuck about some non league bag of shit?



It’s not like they are a historical part of football like us.
RE: New Buyer.
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:



I appreciate that we are supposed to show some compassion to other clubs but, does anyone really give a fuck about some non league bag of shit?



It’s not like they are a historical part of football like us.

RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:







I hope that Mishi Moraith does not see that ;)
RE: New Buyer.
By munkle 6 months ago
Hero - you’ve quoted yourself for no reason.



You utter bellend.
RE: New Buyer.
By thetruth1953 6 months ago
munkle wrote:

Hero - you’ve quoted yourself for no reason.



You utter bellend.





You can tell he likes hearing his own voice.
RE: New Buyer.
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
munkle wrote:

Hero - you’ve quoted yourself for no reason.



You utter bellend.





It’s sometimes nice to congratulate yourself on a good post.



I think that’s what I was doing?!
RE: New Buyer.
By munkle 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

I think





Another untruth.
RE: New Buyer.
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
munkle wrote:



Another untruth.





God you’re a boring cunt.
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:



God you’re a boring cunt.





You and Bally shall now be known to me as ET.



The Extra Tourettestrials.
RE: New Buyer.
By munkle 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:



God you’re a boring cunt.





I’m not though am I? At the very least I’m keeping you entertained.



You however, are still an utter liar.
RE: New Buyer.
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
munkle wrote:



I’m not though am I? At the very least I’m keeping you entertained.



You however, are still an utter liar.





You know that gets my back up you little twat. What have I lied about?

You best get it right or I’m going to call you on it.



WTF is a “utter liar”? You southern wanker.
RE: New Buyer.
By Windridge 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:



You know that gets my back up you little twat. What have I lied about?

You best get it right or I’m going to call you on it.



WTF is a “utter liar”? You southern wanker.





He is also a Moderator.
members do not see advertisements