members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

Due Diligence

By Karlito's Way in

Blackpool FC

6 months ago
RE: Due Diligence
By Karlito's Way 6 months ago
May be getting mixed messages, but I've been told a potential buyer has now entered a period of due diligence prior to putting in a bid for the club?

I thought you only did that after a bid was accepted before signing a contract?
By seasider 6 months ago
Well if they aren't bidding for the ground, the prospective buyers obviously haven't done their due diligence.
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='567486' dateline='1520841306']

May be getting mixed messages, but I've been told a potential buyer has now entered a period of due diligence prior to putting in a bid for the club?

[/quote]

How did you come across this information and don’t give me the old bullshit of having to protect your source?

No fucker has a source to the goings on at Bloomfield Road.
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

How did you come across this information and don’t give me the old bullshit of having to protect your source?

His gets his messages are from his dead uncle. He went to a gypsy palm reader.
tangerinejezza wrote:

His mice messages are from his dead uncle. He went to a gypsy palm reader.

About as reliable as the voices in my head then!
By McPoolmob 6 months ago
The Blackpool South MP has written to the EFL

There will be long-lasting damage at Blackpool Football Club unless they step in and intervene. READ MORE: Time and date confirmed for EFL's meeting with Blackpool fans EFL chairman Ian Lenagan The Blackpool South MP has written to the EFL expressing concern about how the situation at Bloomfield Road has been allowed to unfold. In a letter addressed to EFL chairman Ian Lenagan, Marsden says he would like to be a part of the meeting organised for Tuesday, March 20 - which will see EFL representatives meet with concerned supporters. The letter reads: “You will be aware of the continued concerns and anxiety across Blackpool about the ongoing problems between the owners of Blackpool FC and its supporters. “It is a situation that has caused much sadness to people in the town and my constituents. Blackpool supporters protested outside the EFL's headquarters earlier this month “Over the past five years this has resulted in thousands of people - some lifelong fans - to boycott Bloomfield Road in protest at the club’s running. “I am glad to see that you have agreed in principle to meet with representatives from Blackpool Supporters’ Trust (BST) and other fan groups. “I note that you have offered to include local MPs in the process and I would like to be part of it. “The meeting is an important step forward because I know that BST - who represent many of Blackpool FC’s supporters in the town - have been concerned and raised with me the EFL’s reluctance to engage with them on the problems around the club’s ownership. “I have consistently, not least in conjunction with the late Jimmy Armfield, urged the club’s owners to engage with the fans, talk to BST and open up its governance to them. “In my latest meeting with BST last month, we discussed this and the urgent need for organisations like yourself to engage strongly with the owners as well. “BST also raised with me their request to see a case review. I support the use of Blackpool FC as a potential template for you in this area, which could be useful in other circumstances affecting clubs and supporters. “You will also appreciate there has been major concern about this in parliament - which led to a special debate last year in which I, and many others, spoke criticising the lack of action by the FA on this matter. “I believe the EFL urgently needs to take its share of responsibilities on this matter as well. “I have previously backed a bill in parliament by my Labour colleague Clive Efford MP that would have given accredited groups such as BST greater say and influence over how their club is run. “I believe this should be part of your discussion because I think this will help us move forward in resolving some of the problems we face at Blackpool. “Clubs like ours have a proud history, going back to our epic victory in the 1953 FA Cup final and the heroic careers of both Stanley Matthews and Jimmy Armfield. “If the situation at Blackpool FC continues to go unchallenged and the EFL continue to fail to engage with supporters’ groups, it could have both significant and long-lasting damage - not just on the club and the community it serves, but also on the reputation of the EFL itself.” The EFL issued an invitation to Marsden on Friday and say he is welcome to attend the meeting later this month, where his concerns will be addressed.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-mp-writes-to-efl-to-express-concern-at-blackpool-fc-situation-1-9058665
By Magic147 6 months ago
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='567486' dateline='1520841306']

[/quote]

I'd do my due diligence on this poster before believing anything written... :thumbsup:
By Karlito's Way 6 months ago
It would appear there have been a few developments since the original post...
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='567591' dateline='1520882436']

It would appear there have been a few developments since the original post...

[/quote]

What then?
By bfcpete 6 months ago
Nobody would put in a serious bid for the club until they had done the due diligence first. How else would you know what to bid in terms of the value of the assets and liabilities of the club that you would be taking on. And the club is also largely worthless without the stadium
By Windridge 6 months ago
bfcpete wrote:

Nobody would put in a serious bid for the club until they had done the due diligence first. How else would you know what to bid in terms of the value of the assets and liabilities of the club that you would be taking on. And the club is also largely worthless without the stadium

Don't the council own the stadium, but the club just pays a peppercorn rent to use it?
By Leesthedaddy 6 months ago
Windridge wrote:

Don't the council own the stadium, but the club just pays a peppercorn rent to use it?

I’ve never heard this before so doubt it, however, I’ve no factual information to go off so I could be wrong.

It just doesn’t sound right to me.
By Bally 6 months ago
Leesthedaddy wrote:

I’ve never heard this before so doubt it, however, I’ve no factual information to go off so I could be wrong.

It just doesn’t sound right to me.

Neither does he. He just imagines it and posts it as fact.
By Bally 6 months ago
According to Scrafton, Val reckons he's fit and proper and wants to consider a role at the club. It's in the Gazette
By tangerine77 6 months ago
Windridge wrote:

Where the fuck did you get that one from?
tangerine77 wrote:

Where the fuck did you get that one from?

Is tourette's catching on this forum?

From a post on the other site, quite some time ago.

Also, idiot features (aka Bawly), I asked it as a question - I did NOT say that the club own the ground for certain. That's why it was open-ended - I did not say that the council either owned the ground or did not own it, I was aiming to find some clarity until you did your autistic child impression.
By Magic147 6 months ago
So, Belokon wants more than just his money back?

Any update from the doubters?
Appears that way.

With Owen in court all week, plus the impeding actions by Valeri, not to mention any 'physical debilities' which he may have, hopefully it will not be long now before Blackpool is finally Oyston-free.
Windridge wrote:

Is tourette's catching on this forum?

From a post on the other site, quite some time ago.

Also, idiot features (aka Bawly), I asked it as a question - I did NOT say that the club own the ground for certain. That's why it was open-ended - I did not say that the council either owned the ground or did not own it, I was aiming to find some clarity until you did your autistic child impression.

I swear because I can.
Magic147 wrote:

So, Belokon wants more than just his money back?

Any update from the doubters?

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
Windridge wrote:

The council own neither the ground or training ground. They do however own Stanley Park lake.
By CheshireSeasider 6 months ago
Could you be confusing the Asset of the Community that was awarded to Bloomers after the SISA/BST campaign?
CheshireSeasider wrote:

Could you be confusing the Asset of the Community that was awarded to Bloomers after the SISA/BST campaign?

Possibly.

Would that be a CIC?
By Karlito's Way 5 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

;)
By seasider 5 months ago
Well let's see if they are 'buyers' and not just Owen's loan sharks.
By Hero-of-the-night 5 months ago
[quote='Karlito's Way' pid='570583' dateline='1523084261']

;)

[/quote]

What that meant to mean?
By tangerinejezza 5 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

What that meant to mean?

It means he thinks he’s Nostradamus.