By Hero-of-the-night 10 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

That's not a sport.

It's fun, but it's not a sport.

National sport of Yorkshire.
RE: Girl's Rugby
By Windridge 10 months ago
Careful, Magic!

You'll be censured by the feminists - as we speak, Jenni Murray is on her way oop north!

You do have a point, especially where Wales is concerned - there is only one team which the Welsh care about and that is the national team. The four regional sides are haemorrhaging cash and only the WRU are keeping the Blues and the Dragons afloat. The Ospreys are now tenants in a stadium which they used to co-own with only The Scarlets being a real force in Welsh rugby at present.

It's even more 'shit' with the old club sides being watched by diminishing crowds and old famous names like Pontypool almost annually at risk of disappearing. I've seen Bridgend and Neath play before crowds of less than 300 this season - years ago, these clubs would have been packed out especially when touring sides from Samoa, Australia, Japan and Tonga would come over.

As a sport, I don't find it boring to watch (golf and athletics bore the hell out of me), but I do think that rugby does need reform at the grass roots and needs to avoid going down the path of elitism which football has to a large extent.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 10 months ago
Windridge wrote:

Careful, Magic!

You'll be censured by the feminists - as we speak, Jenni Murray is on her way oop north!

You do have a point, especially where Wales is concerned - there is only one team which the Welsh care about and that is the national team. The four regional sides are haemorrhaging cash and only the WRU are keeping the Blues and the Dragons afloat. The Ospreys are now tenants in a stadium which they used to co-own with only The Scarlets being a real force in Welsh rugby at present.

It's even more 'shit' with the old club sides being watched by diminishing crowds and old famous names like Pontypool almost annually at risk of disappearing. I've seen Bridgend and Neath play before crowds of less than 300 this season - years ago, these clubs would have been packed out especially when touring sides from Samoa, Australia, Japan and Tonga would come over.

As a sport, I don't find it boring to watch (golf and athletics bore the hell out of me), but I do think that rugby does need reform at the grass roots and needs to avoid going down the path of elitism which football has to a large extent.

That reply was more boring.
By Magic147 10 months ago
Bore moring.
By Qblock87 10 months ago
I like girls and I like Rugby League. I like ferrets too.
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

That reply was more boring.

Good, hope you were triggered :D
Qblock87 wrote:

I like girls and I like Rugby League. I like ferrets too.

Rugby League playing Ferrets... would be a novelty.
By thetruth1953 10 months ago
Windridge wrote:

Rugby League playing Ferrets... would be a novelty.

Girls in Rugby League tops whilst playing with ferrets could become an Olympic sport!
members do not see advertisements