members do not see advertisements

Club Statement

By Spielmacher 10 in

Blackpool FC

6 months ago
RE: Club Statement
By Spielmacher 10 6 months ago
Interesting statement on the club site if somebody wants to do the linky thing.
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
Unless that family leave, it doesn’t matter. NAPM
By tangerine77 6 months ago
Who the fuck would trust them after they tried to rip the last investor off? Owen really doesn't get it.!
By thetruth1953 6 months ago
Load of bollocks!!
By whitstabletangerine 6 months ago
If a deal is still on going and awaiting to be finalised why announce it when there is always the risk of something untoward happening that could scupper the outcome unless it was to buy time for other reasons.
By tangerine77 6 months ago
I can't believe anyone would invest in a business with no customers and losing thousands each week.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 6 months ago
Agree with all above. It sounds like another victim for the Oyston con machine to grind up.
By TheSteed 6 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

If a deal is still on going and awaiting to be finalised why announce it when there is always the risk of something untoward happening that could scupper the outcome unless it was to buy time for other reasons.

The investors have been around for months, but due diligence always prevents a deal.
By seanmacca100 6 months ago
Why would you put out a statement saying you’ve nearly but not actually reached an agreement with a group that are unnamed and expect anyone to believe it.

The guy has lost his fucking mind.
By seasider 6 months ago
Really don't get it.

1. Does Oyston think this will bring supporters back?

2. Does it mean Oyston will still be the majority shareholder?

3. Why announce it before any agreement is finalised?

4. Surely these investors know fans will not come back?
I wonder if he's mentioned that if he retains 1% or more ownership the ground will remain 90% empty.
Didn't he have a deadline for the additional 25 million today?
By seasider 6 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

That has to be part of all this, surely. I bet Oyston has found some gullible investor to lend him the money for some shares in the football club.

Really confused.
By seanmacca100 6 months ago
seasider wrote:

That has to be part of all this, surely. I bet Oyston has found some gullible investor to lend him the money for some shares in the football club.

Really confused.

How could you get someone to give you £25m for some shares when the entire club including stadium is worth £12m max?

I think it's just to steal the back page given he's missed the deadline today knowing that would be the story, gives him more time to regroup in a public sense at least, though most see through him now.
So it could be 'close to a deal' to save his ass, not the club. That's just the only thing he had to put up as collateral. What a clusterfuck.
By seasider 6 months ago
In response to the statement, @BlackpoolST has invited the investment group to get in touch with the Trust. It's been made abundantly clear supporters won't return unless the Oystons have gone completely.
By louise_a 6 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

No there was no deadline, it just seems he said he would pay the rest of the money by today.

This latest statement just seems to be another thing in a long line of OOs attempt to put off the inevitable.
By seasider 6 months ago
Local tourism will apparently benefit. It's mental

“The investment group’s proposals are very exciting and will not just secure a successful future for the club, but also help to promote and strengthen the businesses and tourism in Blackpool, and on the Fylde Coast.”
By Magic147 6 months ago
Nonsense.
? concert promoters
By seasider 6 months ago
Maybe it's A Ha
By Qblock87 6 months ago
seasider wrote:

Maybe it's A Ha

Alan Partridge! Count me in.
By McPoolmob 6 months ago
I'm with Christine on this.... "It's utter bollocks"
By Magic147 6 months ago
BREAKING

RAPIST TELLS A LIE
By McPoolmob 6 months ago
Blackpool announce Premier League return plans as Tangerines on brink of investment group agreement

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/blackpool-announce-premier-league-return-plans-tangerines-brink-investment-group-agreement#pGDDVfAyYq3lDjdL.99
By shaunw 6 months ago
Talk Sport part of the Oyscum empire? The references to VB's situation regarding money laundering left a lot to be desired. It's all getting a bit fanciful isn't it.
Premier League return plans ...ffs.

We just want a team we can support and players above Pub League quality.
By thetruth1953 6 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

? concert promoters

? Bags of money disappearing from venue?
By seasider 6 months ago
There is part of me that thinks Owen should now be in a home getting looked after.

Wyndyke Farm all over again.