members do not see advertisements

West Brom Safe Standing proposal rejected

By seasider in

General Football

5 months ago
RE: West Brom Safe Standing proposal rejected
By seasider 5 months ago
Safe standing: West Bromwich Albion have proposal rejected by government - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43701400

In my opinion the Government have got this wrong. The law for for all seating stadia was rightly introduced but 25 years is a long time. Surely rail seats are safer than everyone standing in seating sections.

This is a chance to appeal to the working class again and give them the right to watch their team.

Bottled in my opinion.
By whitstabletangerine 5 months ago
The problem is if the government gave the green light for safe standing and another horrible event occurred they would be accused by the opposition of dismissing the Taylor report and be accused of gross negligence, the government can't win either way.
By Hero-of-the-night 5 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

The problem is if the government gave the green light for safe standing and another horrible event occurred they would be accused by the opposition of dismissing the Taylor report and be accused of gross negligence, the government can't win either way.

As technology evolves laws become dated.
By Bally 5 months ago
Nowadays the clubs have to provide us with a seat for our money. Anything less is a backwards step. For all those that can't remember or were too young to have stood on a full terrace, it was shit.
By seasider 5 months ago
But if those people prefer standing, it would make a more pleasurable experience for those wanting to sit.
By Bally 5 months ago
If people want to stand to watch footy, theres plenty of room on local parks
By TwelveAngryMen 5 months ago
Having visited Germany quite a few times now I can assure you watching from the terraces ( not even rail seating ) is not shit
By Bally 5 months ago
TwelveAngryMen wrote:

Having visited Germany quite a few times now I can assure you watching from the terraces ( not even rail seating ) is not shit

It is you're only a kid or a small guy. Or if its a big club with packed terraces and you're getting crushed or stood on, can't get out for a piss at half-time, standing in piss, the smell of piss. Those are my memories of the Kop on derby day, or even Wembley for a final. I'm sure plenty of older fans up and down the country have had similar experiences.

Then there is always the behaviour of some English football fans to take into account.

Football these days is more of a family event and terraces are not family friendly. Keep it all seater, it's safer all round.
By whitstabletangerine 5 months ago
Bally sums it up fairly well, just to add being taken down a few steps and then back again as the throng moved to see the corner being taken.

I prefer to stand at a match, but that is my preference, health and safety is now the big issue and I believe that any government from any party would not be willing to change things.
By TwelveAngryMen 5 months ago
There would always be choice

The ' packing ' we all experienced on terracing wouldn't and shouldn't be allowed

Indeed I can't see terracing ever being re-introduced in the upper leagues in England

Rail seats aka Safe Standing is a different matter

Shrewsbury have installed for next season, Celtic have it and for me it's about offering choice, perhaps a more affordable option to encourage younger fans and also bring back some atmosphere to our soulless stadia
By TheSuffolkSeasider 5 months ago
TwelveAngryMen wrote:

There would always be choice

The ' packing ' we all experienced on terracing wouldn't and shouldn't be allowed

Indeed I can't see terracing ever being re-introduced in the upper leagues in England

Rail seats aka Safe Standing is a different matter

Shrewsbury have installed for next season, Celtic have it and for me it's about offering choice, perhaps a more affordable option to encourage younger fans and also bring back some atmosphere to our soulless stadia

This. So long as it is safe, the choice should be the consumers.

Personally, I like to go to games now as a more family experience and would prefer the seated areas. If you were just going with your mates or on your bill I imagine the terracing would add to the excitement.
By Bally 5 months ago
Choice is only available to those that can afford all options. Just like in the old days a lot of people will only able to afford the cheapest, which will no doubt be standing.

The reasons why terracing was done away with are still relevant.

Rail seats would involve a massive installation cost to the clubs. Also how many clubs actually need to increase attendance capabilities? There's probably a handful that sell out regular but would it be cost effective for them if they sold Rail Seat tickets at a lower price?
By Bally 5 months ago
I'm sure that if the big PL clubs thought that it would improve their profits then they would be pushing for change
By seanmacca100 5 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Bally sums it up fairly well, just to add being taken down a few steps and then back again as the throng moved to see the corner being taken.

I prefer to stand at a match, but that is my preference, health and safety is now the big issue and I believe that any government from any party would not be willing to change things.

but it's more unsafe now standing at football matches in seated areas than it is in a safe standing section, having been in the one at Celtic myself before there's so much more space, and the rails protect you from going arse over tit down 4 rows celebrating a goal.
By Highfield_hunk 5 months ago
Bally wrote:

Nowadays the clubs have to provide us with a seat for our money. Anything less is a backwards step. For all those that can't remember or were too young to have stood on a full terrace, it was shit.

Seating makes the atmosphere shit u bellsniffing ballbagface . Backwards step lol ironic coming from Mr backwardo
By Bally 5 months ago
Highfield_hunk wrote:

Seating makes the atmosphere shit u bellsniffing ballbagface . Backwards step lol ironic coming from Mr backwardo

Mr backwardo? Is that even allowed on here. Sounds like something Karl would call someone

We need Munkle to officiate on this one
Bally wrote:

Mr backwardo? Is that even allowed on here. Sounds like something Karl would call someone

We need Munkle to officiate on this one

I was seething at the time i shouldn't have used such an extreme word
By Bally 5 months ago
Highfield_hunk wrote:

But you did because you're a cunt
Bally wrote:

But you did because you're a cunt

Shhh u flallop
By Hero-of-the-night 5 months ago
Highfield_hunk wrote:

What are you so mad at? Have you just noticed the dick dangling from your forehead?
By seasider 4 months ago
Petition is at 70k now. Even football clubs such as Norwich are publicising it.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/986975211315642369?s=19
By TheSuffolkSeasider 4 months ago
What do you mean by even clubs like Norwich? Not taking a stand for them, just curious.
By Bally 4 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

What do you mean by even clubs like Norwich? Not taking a stand for them, just curious.

Clubs like Norwich are just little insignificant clubs compared to the Mighty Pool
By seasider 4 months ago

It's quite telling when football clubs themselves are getting behind the petition. That's all.
By Hero-of-the-night 4 months ago

Norwich are a nothing of a club, fuck all around them for 80mile in every direction.

Who the fuck are interested in anything they have to say?
By Qblock87 4 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Norwich are a nothing of a club, fuck all around them for 80mile in every direction.

Alan Partridge and farmers.
By thetruth1953 4 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Good old Delia has an interest in them even more so when she has had a few too many.
By Hero-of-the-night 4 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

Good old Delia has an interest in them even more so when she has had a few too many.

Tragic isn’t it !
By seasider 4 months ago
Petition at 93k now

By Magic147 4 months ago
This gets 93 whilst the governance one got, what 15k at most?