members do not see advertisements

Fleetwood - Rivals or not?

By seasider in

Blackpool FC

6 months ago
RE: Fleetwood - Rivals or not?
By seasider 6 months ago
It's neither here or there for me. I used to want them to win but ever since some of their fans have tried to create this rivalry, I actually want them to lose every week. Not that I am too arsed if they win. If Preston win, I am pretty gutted - that's real rivalry.
By Rossall Tangerine 6 months ago
Not there yet for me. The more we play them it may well do if we stay in the same league for a few seasons. I've followed their scores since they were non-leage and went to some games way back so still have somewhat of a soft spot, but that's fading now. What Pilley has done is incredible though.
By Qblock87 6 months ago
I want them to do well because of my old mate Pilley. A true football fan.
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
I honestly couldn’t give a shit about them. Nobend are our and always will be what I’d call rivals.

Hate nobend, while cods are an insignificant local team
By GynnSquarePhoenix 6 months ago
I still can't get over the fact that they are mentioned as a potential rival.
By seasider 6 months ago
By Bally 6 months ago
I'd always want a Pilley team to beat an Oyston team.
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
They bug the fuck out of me. I don’t like clubs with no history, MK Dons, Fleetwood, etc.

Plus their fan base is poor at best.
By tangerine77 6 months ago
The fact you posted this thread shows you see them as a rival.
By Tangerinenick 6 months ago
GTFO

Are they fuck.

Murderers are our rivals IMHO.
By Pompey Lasher 6 months ago
Cant get my head round this. Saying your a cod is like saying your a squires gate fan. In olden times Fleetwood boys were all blackpool fans. Werent they?? Or am I totally out of touch.
By Tangerines 6 months ago
Not arsed. Definitely not relevant to the mighty Pool.
By thetruth1953 6 months ago
When they,ve won the FA cup and been in the Anglo Italian cup we might consider them rivals.

Until then they are a small town on the Fylde coast.

Then there is the small matter of playing against teams that are tattooed on the arms of many of the Fleetwood so called fans in the premiership.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

They bug the fuck out of me. I don’t like clubs with no history, MK Dons, Fleetwood, etc.

Plus their fan base is poor at best.

No history? My grandad took me to watch Fleetwood as my first match in 1965. So there's 53 years that I'm aware of. It's not Notts County kinda old but it's probably before you were born.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

No history? My grandad took me to watch Fleetwood as my first match in 1965. So there's 53 years that I'm aware of. It's not Notts County kinda old but it's probably before you were born.

Time doesn’t always equate to history though does it? Apart from having 200 different names I can’t think of anything interesting about the club. They’ve always been in a shit leagues, with shit support and a shit stadium!
By seasider 6 months ago
tangerine77 wrote:

The fact you posted this thread shows you see them as a rival.

No I read the Sheridan press conference and thought what a load of bollocks!
By Qblock87 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Time doesn’t always equate to history though does it? Apart from having 200 different names I can’t think of anything interesting about the club. They’ve always been in a shit leagues, with shit support and a shit stadium!

Pretty much the same as us then.
By Bally 6 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:

More or less. Same league but as we speak Fleetwood have one point more and are 2 places higher. Plus they have a better owner and less rust on the stadium. Also a better pitch and first class training facilities which they share with the community .

All in all, not a lot of difference
Bally wrote:

More or less. Same league but as we speak Fleetwood have one point more and are 2 places higher. Plus they have a better owner and less rust on the stadium.

To be fair, they have less of a stadium.

But their training ground is outstanding, while ours, is still a shit pit.
By Bally 6 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

To be fair, they have less of a stadium.

But their training ground is outstanding, while ours, is still a shit pit.

Look at their gates they dont need a bigger ground like Pool do
By tangerine77 6 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:

Pretty much. The way some of our fans go on you would think we were Man United and they were some pub team.
By seasider 6 months ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Pretty much. The way some of our fans go on you would think we were Man United and they were some pub team.

You have a point but when it comes to comparing with Fleetwood, we might as well be Man Utd.

It's a shame we appear to have lost fans to both them and Fylde and they will probably never return.

It will take a very long time for our fan base to recover. We would need some kind of promotion challenge or Wembley visit to get the average Joe back at Bloomfield. Even with new owners, languishing in the bottom half of League One won't see a massive rise in gates. Maybe around 5,000. That would be the real attendance and not an Oyston inflated one.
Bally wrote:

Look at their gates they dont need a bigger ground like Pool do

I know, I ment less to rust . Plus they probably have a maintenance team, rather than stan when he’s finished mowing the grass
By SmokinPool 6 months ago
What they have done to arrive where they have is quite an achievement. Congratulations to Pilley and friends for that.

As rivals, or a threat, long term? No chance.
Fucking hell have you lot been smoking pot with GSP?

We’ve been in the top two flights the majority of our history, fa cup winners, finalist on 3 occasions, first British Ballon do’r winner, two World Cup winners, endless list of legends, Anglo Italian cup winners, lower league trophies, all kinds of promotion records via play offs etc, bigger fan base, larger ground, longer existence and many more things!!!

I know I act the fool on here quite often but some on this thread are just taking the fucking piss. Qblock, you need to get that mullet out of your eyes and read a book on our glorious history son, that’s if reading was in the syllabus in Yorkshire schools!!

Thick Yorkshire cunt.
By whitstabletangerine 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Fucking hell have you lot been smoking pot with GSP?

We’ve been in the top two flights the majority of our history, fa cup winners, finalist on 3 occasions, first British Ballon do’r winner, two World Cup winners, endless list of legends, Anglo Italian cup winners, lower league trophies, all kinds of promotion records via play offs etc, bigger fan base, larger ground, longer existence and many more things!!!

I know I act the fool on here quite often but some on this thread are just taking the fucking piss. Qblock, you need to get that mullet out of your eyes and read a book on our glorious history son, that’s if reading was in the syllabus in Yorkshire schools!!

Thick Yorkshire cunt.

Yes that is our history, but in today's world they are with us in the league and the o/p was referring to the Present not back in the fifties and sixties.

I know I tend to live in the past glory of our club but I look at us now and we have gone backwards while Fleetwood have gone forward.

Two different chairman, two different outlooks.
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Yes that is our history, but in today's world they are with us in the league and the o/p was referring to the Present not back in the fifties and sixties.

I know I tend to live in the past glory of our club but I look at us now and we have gone backwards while Fleetwood have gone forward.

Two different chairman, two different outlooks.

True but history is traditionally a large part of a football club. We often live in the past and plan for the future as the present passes us by!
By Bally 6 months ago
Don't get why people are so proud of their clubs promotions and play off winning record.

For every one that was a success there had been the failure of relegation.
Bally wrote:

Don't get why people are so proud of their clubs promotions and play off winning record.

For every one that was a success there had been the failure of relegation.

You wouldn’t get it being a Everton fan.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 6 months ago
Never really seen them as rivals. Still automatically think of them as being non-league, then remember they a good chairman who is actually interested in building a club.

Think their best hope is that Barrow and Chorley come up the leagues a bit and they can revive their rivalries there (I don't know if they considered them rivals back then either but was just trying to think of local-ish non league teams).