By seasider in

General Chat

6 months ago
RE: Strikes in Syria
By seasider 6 months ago
Wonder how Russia will react
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
Worrying times. They all need to sit down and talk , or this will get far worse.
By Bally 6 months ago
seasider wrote:

Wonder how Russia will react

It's amazing how quickly our politicians want to get us into conflict. Any excuse, fuck the expense. Cunts
By Magic147 6 months ago
112 "smart" missiles launched.

7 hits.

It's all bluster and rhetoric, nobody knows what's happening in the world any more really, the news is just another weapon.
By HaroldBaker 6 months ago
Bally wrote:

It's amazing how quickly our politicians want to get us into conflict. Any excuse, fuck the expense. Cunts

I'm amazed its taken this long, to be fair. But of course we should never do anything morally right if it costs Bally a couple of bob. After all, that is what really counts isn't it?
By tangerine77 6 months ago
I though Russia were meant to be intercepting any missiles?
By tangerine77 6 months ago
Not looking promising for the World Cup.
By Magic147 6 months ago
HaroldBaker wrote:

I'm amazed its taken this long, to be fair. But of course we should never do anything morally right if it costs Bally a couple of bob. After all, that is what really counts isn't it?

You're a cunt, mate.
By foggy 6 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Worrying times. They all need to sit down and talk , or this will get far worse.

Talk with who though? Assad is using chemical weapons against his own citizens. I don't know how you negotiate with a monstrous dictator like that. Russia supposed Assad and has vetoed every single UN vote on Syria. They vetoed a vote that would simply allow the UN to investigate chemical weapons in Syria. There is no talking.

I'm not going to pretend I have the slightest clue about what would be the best option for major foreign policy decisions like this. And I don't think for a minute there is seriously anyone in the Houses of Parliament not losing sleep over this. I do however think things like 'give peace a chance' and Stop The War is empty rhetoric. I certainly don't want the UK and our allies to walk by on the other side of the street while there is a murderous dictator using serin gas attacks on his own people. What we can do to help, well that I have no idea.
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
foggy wrote:

Talk with who though? Assad is using chemical weapons against his own citizens. I don't know how you negotiate with a monstrous dictator like that. Russia supposed Assad and has vetoed every single UN vote on Syria. They vetoed a vote that would simply allow the UN to investigate chemical weapons in Syria. There is no talking.

I'm not going to pretend I have the slightest clue about what would be the best option for major foreign policy decisions like this. And I don't think for a minute there is seriously anyone in the Houses of Parliament not losing sleep over this. I do however think things like 'give peace a chance' and Stop The War is empty rhetoric. I certainly don't want the UK and our allies to walk by on the other side of the street while there is a murderous dictator using serin gas attacks on his own people. What we can do to help, well that I have no idea.

A famous quote from history was “ jaw jaw not war war” .

You are correct in we just can’t pretend it’s not happening. But for some reason , Russia is puffing it’s chest out. Bring back Yeltsin! ( yes I know he’s dead )
By Bally 6 months ago
HaroldBaker wrote:

Fuck off cunt.
By Bally 6 months ago
Just another proxy war to topple a government the West, Israel and the Saudis don't like.

May has bypassed parliamentary discussion to go ahead with a war 4 out of 5 of citizens disagree with. That's democracy for you. The reaction to civilians being attacked with chemicals (allegedly), is to blow more of them off the face of the earth. Targeting chemical plants my arse.
By Qblock87 6 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

112 "smart" missiles launched.

7 hits.

It's all bluster and rhetoric, nobody knows what's happening in the world any more really, the news is just another weapon.

112 launched and 7 hit!! Not so fucking smart then are they? What did that little lot cost?
By seasider 6 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:

112 launched and 7 hit!! Not so fucking smart then are they? What did that little lot cost?

The pot holes are never going to be fixed.
By Magic147 6 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:

$1.8m a pop.
By Bally 6 months ago
seasider wrote:

The pot holes are never going to be fixed.

Pot holes? Call ours pot holes? You should see the ones in Syria.
By seanmacca100 6 months ago
So this was published yesterday and before they got chance to dig we struck. In the interests of international cooperation I find that bizarre

‘In response to media queries, the Spokesperson for the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) confirms that the #OPCW Fact-Finding Mission (FFM) team is on its way to #Syria and will start its work as of Saturday 14 April 2018.’
By foggy 6 months ago
Bally wrote:

Just another proxy war to topple a government the West, Israel and the Saudis don't like.

May has bypassed parliamentary discussion to go ahead with a war 4 out of 5 of citizens disagree with. That's democracy for you. The reaction to civilians being attacked with chemicals (allegedly), is to blow more of them off the face of the earth. Targeting chemical plants my arse.

Do you like Assad's government?
By whitstabletangerine 6 months ago
Well I certainly don't but accept that after seven years of war, 400,000 deaths, 1 million injured and millions displaced throughout Europe and in camps in Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan the time has come for it to end.

Assad has all but won, the opposition are virtually beaten and seeing the results of two other dictators and the mess that followed their demise in Iraq and Libya perhaps leaving Assad in place might not be welcome but as the old saying goes, better the devil you know......

The West would have done a lot better to have persuaded the opposition or what is left of them to lay down their arms, many of the cities and towns are destroyed with the exception of Damascus and there has been far too many casualties, enough is enough.

I am not a defeatist by nature but there comes a time when the writing is on the wall and I think that time has come in Syria, I also believe the time has come for a certain owner to leave a certain football club, in both cases their time is up.
By Bally 6 months ago
foggy wrote:

Do you like Assad's government?

No. I also dislike conflict for convenience. Assad has all but defeated his opposition. Why get involved now? Could it be that Trump and May need a distraction away from their own failings. The knives are out for Trump as more and more tales of corruption are investigated.

And May is falling further and further down in the polls.
By foggy 6 months ago
Ah yes, bombing the Middle East when (as you said yourself) 4 out of 5 people are against it. A surefire way to boost your poll ratings.

Also, May isn't falling further and further down the polls. For the first time since the election she has a large lead over Corbyn in net favourability and has consistently held a lead in polling for who would make the best PM. Labour have narrowed the gap in overall polling, but opposition parties generally do (in fact, they generally enjoy a lead, it's low-key quite amazing that the Conservatives still hold a lead despite being in power for 8 years now). If you think May wants to bomb another country because she is worried Labour have gone up 5 point in the polls over the course of a year (and is still losing), you're siding with the Alex Jones versions of the left. I think the 'why now?' question could be more realistically answered by the fact we have proof Assad literally just used a massive chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians.
By foggy 6 months ago
Having said all that, May is obviously turning a blind eye to civilian deaths in Yemen and Palestine so firstly fuck her and also I'm not trying to deny there are no political games
By Bally 6 months ago
Taken from Facey....

"Doesn't blowing up chemical weapons dumps with conventional explosives just distribute the chemicals into the atmosphere causing serious harm to the populace ?"

Now there's a thought
Apparently not if the weapons are moved first, they certainly had a few days to get rid.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 6 months ago
If it wasn't for France and the UK being on board I would be convinced it was 100% Trump distracting from the Comey book release publicity this weekend. I know it somehow involves the interests of Russia, Iran and the Saudis.

It sounds like a complicated shit show better left well alone.

Let me know if they cross the Arizona state borders or storm the Fylde beaches.
By Bally 6 months ago
Taken from Facey....

"There's another elephant in the room, The Syrian opposition are led by a combination of Al Qaeda, Al Nusra, IS and other Wahabist groubs who are all payrolled by Saudi Arabia (and probably supplied with arms, also) Saudi are in the alliance fighting Assad, we supply Saudi with all sorts of implements of death, in turn they are probably supplying arms to Assads opposition.

How do you break that circle, the ultimate extension of it all is that we, by proxy are supplying several Islamist groups with arms"
By TheSuffolkSeasider 6 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

If you believe that is just a capitalist thing then you would be wrong, I can remember seeing queues of people lining up all around the block in the hope of buying scraps of meat and basics such as a loaf of bread yet the country was spending millions of roubles on armaments during the Cold war, millions more in their quest to establish themselves in the space race with the Americans.
By Bally 6 months ago
If ever an indication of media manipulation this is it

https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71/videos/10156241357431171/

Pretty bad that isn't it. Like, we all know news is slanted but they're not ordinarily so blatant
By thetruth1953 6 months ago
Bally wrote:

If ever an indication of media manipulation this is it

https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71/videos/10156241357431171/

Pretty bad that isn't it. Like, we all know news is slanted but they're not ordinarily so blatant

So obvious, hope others pick up on this. The satirists would have a field day.
members do not see advertisements