members do not see advertisements

Turkish Takeover

By AmericanTangerine in

Blackpool FC

4 months ago
RE: Turkish Takeover
By AmericanTangerine 4 months ago
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-fc-in-turkish-takeover-talks-1-9135515

The two most important quotes from the article about the takeover-

1. "The group have been made aware that boycotting fans would not return unless Oyston ceased to have any involvement and it is believed they are only interested in a complete buyout."

2. "Bizarrely, a local restaurant owner has been acting as intermediary between the Turkish group and the club."
By seasider 4 months ago
Not sure how I would feel about a Turkish investor. Would prefer it to be someone local who has a deep understanding on the club and would be in it for the long haul. This group could well be but you can't help feel this could be one disaster after another.

On the flip side, anyone would be better than the Oyston family!
By Bally 4 months ago
Ha Ha. BFC under Muslim ownership. The fume will be hilarious. Please let it be so.
By Magic147 4 months ago
Fingers crossed.

Might get rid of the Britain First crew.
By tangerinejezza 4 months ago
Wasn’t there a thing with Turkey last year?

Some linkup / sponsorship ?

Was mentioned on official site and a thread on here
By seanmacca100 4 months ago
here's the video you're referring to, apparently its FC Sports Marketing behind the bid.

By Magic147 4 months ago
It's interesting reading some of the reactions - there seems to be an assumption that because these investors (if indeed they do exist) are foreign, that's somehow a bad thing.

As I think back, most of the terrible owners / directors I can recall seem to be British, aside from a couple of high profile exceptions.
By whitstabletangerine 4 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

It's interesting reading some of the reactions - there seems to be an assumption that because these investors (if indeed they do exist) are foreign, that's somehow a bad thing.

As I think back, most of the terrible owners / directors I can recall seem to be British, aside from a couple of high profile exceptions.

I am not so sure that is true Magic, the bit about foreign investors being a bad thing, when the majority of fans on the forums were hoping VB was going to be the next owner or at least play some part in running the club.

VB and a local investor would have probably been the number one choice and so it might well come to that, talk of foreign investors might just be a ploy in the hope that VB would settle for less in taking the club.
By seasider 4 months ago
Could it be that Oyston doesn't want to sell to Belokon so he is doing everything he can to avoid that one. I know it's more complicated than this but surely it would be in Oyston's interest to sell to Belokon to clear the debt otherwise he will lose personal possessions. Belokon might be holding out for a better offer, who knows! Just wish something would happen sooner rather than later although I don't mind waiting as long as the right outcome happens.
By Magic147 4 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

I am not so sure that is true Magic, the bit about foreign investors being a bad thing, when the majority of fans on the forums were hoping VB was going to be the next owner or at least play some part in running the club.

All that shows is how ridiculous that assumption is.
By sudds green 4 months ago
Blackpool'a hosgeldiniz
By Magic147 4 months ago
iyi aksamlar
Midnight express
By McPoolmob 4 months ago
Bally wrote:

Ha Ha. BFC under Muslim ownership. The fume will be hilarious. Please let it be so.

What no pork pies?
By whitstabletangerine 4 months ago
By smuggs2006 4 months ago
Just in from work is this a wind up from Owen .

And is this him totally walking away seems to easy where’s the catch
By Magic147 4 months ago
At first glance, it's good news.

Then when you consider that the 'fishul site has been primarily used in the last few game purely for Oyston games and sniping, and I remain cynical.
By Jams80 4 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

At first glance, it's good news.

Then when you consider that the 'fishul site has been primarily used in the last few game purely for Oyston games and sniping, and I remain cynical.

I agree. The club website has been used purely for propaganda, apart from that one weird statement from VB when brown pants became "ill". Saying that, that statement could also be classed as Oyston propaganda purely because of the timing of its release.
By Magic147 4 months ago
I'll go ahead and be a wanker - I reckon it was either completely fabricated or at best exaggerated and used at an opportune moment.

Even if he was ill, he's an Oyston, fuck him.
By Leesthedaddy 4 months ago
The main news needs to be is it Oyston free or not?
It’ll be a loan masquerading as a club saving investment to help his ego deal with the fact he’s about to lose everything having already lost everyone, he’ll die frail and alone whilst we march on under new owners that will inevitably show their faces in the near future (not this ‘investment group’) and then we can all piss on his grave in 3 years.

Jobs a good’n
By Tangerinenick 4 months ago
Several Christian Turks ignored...and the Zoroastrian population by Bally :)
Magic147 wrote:

I'll go ahead and be a wanker - I reckon it was either completely fabricated or at best exaggerated and used at an opportune moment.

Even if he was ill, he's an Oyston, fuck him.

For someone banging on deaths door when that statement was released, he’s made a remarkable recovery. Out on the piss every weekend and looking like nothing is wrong with him.
Apparently the investment group are investing.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/agreement-now-reached-with-investment-group/

That means I won’t be seeing inside that ground ever again,
By Bally 4 months ago
Tangerinenick wrote:

Not at all mate, I'm just hoping they're Muslim. I can just imagine all the little Englanders crying themselves to sleep under their Union Flag douvet covers while wearing their Brexit onsies.
Tangerinenick wrote:

I thought something similar too.

No need for the smiley face.
What the fuck has religion got to do with any of this?

I don’t get it?

For the record, I don’t like the beliefs of any religion, including the one they shoved down my neck & tried to brainwash me with when I was in education. Ha Ha, education, I didn’t mean that as a pun.

Edit, this does not mean I don’t respect them for the most part.
By Magic147 4 months ago
Leesthedaddy wrote:

including the one they shoved down my neck

Are you sure that was an education?
Magic147 wrote:

Are you sure that was an education?

Ha ha, yeah, they told me to pinky promise.