members do not see advertisements

Would you?

By tangerinejezza in

General Chat

6 months ago
RE: Would you?
By tangerinejezza 6 months ago
Send your kids to a private school, if you got offered a 100% bursary?
By Magic147 6 months ago
Yes.
Sorry, I’ve been drinking and it in the wrong place :(
By Bally 6 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Sorry, I’ve been drinking and it in the wrong place :(

Your Mrs must be sick of hearing it
By Hero-of-the-night 6 months ago
Why wouldn’t you?

Off the top of my head I think it’s £1200 a term at Arnold, if you can get it for free or the fees loaned, then yes go for it!

Private schools can charge large amounts of money for a reason!!
Bally wrote:

Your Mrs must be sick of hearing it

Ha !
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Why wouldn’t you?

Off the top of my head I think it’s £1200 a term at Arnold, if you can get it for free or the fees loaned, then yes go for it!

It’s not guaranteed, but worth pursuing. As it’s x2
A loving home and a good education are the two most important things you can give a child.

Sadly a lot of kids in Blackpool get neither.
By coinslot 6 months ago
Never.
coinslot wrote:

Never.

Why not?
coinslot wrote:

Never.

Class size of 16 opposed to 34 .

Not worth a think
By TheSuffolkSeasider 6 months ago
Yes.

Doesn't really need too much thinking about.
By munkle 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Why wouldn’t you?

It was about that 25 years ago when I was there. I’d be amazed if it was that price now.

As someone who doesn’t have kids and doesn’t plan to this is very easy for me to say...

I fucking hated school but if I was sending my kids off, I’d absolutely do everything I could to give them a private education. I was learning things in my first year at Arnold that my mates at Ansdell High didn’t learn until they were doing GCSEs. Don’t get me wrong, I had some shit teachers - and they got sacked.

I’m not arsed about a class war debate - the level of education is simply better because the schools are scrutinised by customers and the league tables show this to be the case.
By munkle 6 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Class size of 16 opposed to 34 .

Not worth a think

I reckon my average class size was 25.

Except GCSE Latin - there were 2 of us.
By seasider 6 months ago
Yes
By whitstabletangerine 6 months ago
Well lads and lasses when the revolution comes under JC, private, grammar and faith schools will be a thing of the past, every child will have state sponsored education all on one level playing field.

No privileges for the few, Marx my words.
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Well lads and lasses when the revolution comes under JC, private, grammar and faith schools will be a thing of the past, every child will have state sponsored education all on one level playing field.

No privileges for the few, Marx my words.

Let’s hope that “Revolution” never comes then. The poor should not have the same opportunities as those that have worked hard for life’s privileges!!!

Nibble, nibble...
munkle wrote:

It was about that 25 years ago when I was there. I’d be amazed if it was that price now.

As someone who doesn’t have kids and doesn’t plan to this is very easy for me to say...

I fucking hated school but if I was sending my kids off, I’d absolutely do everything I could to give them a private education. I was learning things in my first year at Arnold that my mates at Ansdell High didn’t learn until they were doing GCSEs. Don’t get me wrong, I had some shit teachers - and they got sacked.

I’m not arsed about a class war debate - the level of education is simply better because the schools are scrutinised by customers and the league tables show this to be the case.

If my lad didn’t get into his school, Arnold was our second choice!! Now you’ve mentioned the fees, I think £1200 was pre school costs! I didn’t look into school costs as he got into our first choice, that’s the primary reason we moved to our current location.

I wouldn’t have thought it would be much more for private education on the Fylde?!
AKS is over £3,700 per term. Plus £245 per term for dinners
tangerinejezza wrote:

AKS is over £3,700 per term. Plus £245 per term for dinners

Is that junior or High school
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Is that junior or High school

Infants & Junior is £2,700 per term

https://www.akslytham.com/admissions/fees
tangerinejezza wrote:

Infants & Junior is £2,700 per term

https://www.akslytham.com/admissions/fees

So is that every six weeks or twelve with a week off in between??

That just seems so much more than what I had in my head.
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

So is that every six weeks or twelve with a week off in between??

That just seems so much more than what I had in my head.

Three terms a year, plus the expense of all the school uniforms
tangerinejezza wrote:

Three terms a year, plus the expense of all the school uniforms

Oh right, I was thinking a term was every time they broke up. 8k a year for a decent education is very good value!
By whitstabletangerine 6 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Oh right, I was thinking a term was every time they broke up. 8k a year for a decent education is very good value!

There should be DECENT FREE education for all kids, the country benefits from them in years to come.

There should be no second class education, every youngster should have a chance to progress.
By Bally 6 months ago

There should be DECENT FREE education for all kids, the country benefits from them in years to come.

There should be no second class education, every youngster should have a chance to progress.

Unfortunately propping up the failed capitalist system by bailing out the banks has meant there has to be cutbacks. Education is just one of the victims.

All my kids have done well from a state education, in fact the youngest two have done so well that’s why there’s this possibility of 6th form being paid for. They’ve not got it yet , but we’re looking into it.

Quite often the kids let themselves down rather than blame some fantastic enthusiastic teachers.