members do not see advertisements

Stop The Gazette from circumventing adblocker and riddling your computer with malware

By TheSteed in

General Chat

4 months ago
RE: Stop The Gazette from circumventing adblocker and riddling your computer with malware
By TheSteed 4 months ago
If anyone else here use Adblocker and is fed up of the Gazette trying to circumvent it and riddle your computer with malware with that stupid popup that demands you register, here are some instructions:

1. visit the Gazette

2. Click on the ABP button in your browser, then "options".

3. Click "Advanced"

4. Under "My filter list" click "edit filters"

5. Paste the following in to the text box:

||blackpoolgazette.co.uk/assets/script/ev-dab.min.js^$script

blackpoolgazette.co.uk##.widget-container

6. Click save.

7. Re-load the gazette website and be gloriously free of adverts, shitty videos and malware.
RE: Stop The Gazette from circumventing adblocker and riddling your computer with malware
By seasider 4 months ago
Presume you can't do this on a mobile?
By thetruth1953 4 months ago
seasider wrote:

Presume you can't do this on a mobile?

I hope you can, but doubt it.
By louise_a 4 months ago
what is the ABP button?
By TheSteed 4 months ago
louise_a wrote:

what is the ABP button?

If you have adblocker installed on your browser, there should be a little red ABP button somewhere on your toolbar.
By Bally 3 months ago
Cheers Steed. Helps make that rag a little more bearable.
By Hero-of-the-night 3 months ago
I’ve more chance of platting fog than doing all NASA shit!!!

I can only do step 1.