members do not see advertisements

Your most random Blackpool FC memory

By tangerine77 in

Blackpool FC

4 months ago
RE: Your most random Blackpool FC memory
By tangerine77 4 months ago
Clark Carisle scoring a last minute winner against Carisle.
By tangerinejezza 4 months ago
Some local girls matching cheerleaders refusing to come off the pitch at the end of half time. All the players stood ready to kickoff.
By Qblock87 4 months ago
When the rapist came on the pitch before a game spouting his innocence of all charges of rape and how he would prove his innocence. Twenty odd years on and still waiting. If that thing said “ Good Morning” to me I’d check my watch.
By tangerine77 4 months ago
The twat is still in denial now!
By Jams80 4 months ago
That Danny Coid goal.

Bruce Grobbelaar giving the old south the bird behind his back. Good bants.

Parking on a side street right next door to Dumpdale on a derby day, only to see a family come out of a house in full tangerine. Blackpool fans living within a stone's throw of Dumpdale. Brilliant.
By whitstabletangerine 4 months ago
At the time we were suffering under Worthington and Preston looked like they were heading for a top spot in the league.

We took the lead at Deepdale and in the second half they equalised, in the dying minutes of the match Brett headed in the winner, a rare moment of glory under Worthington.

There are certainly others some good, some not so good, perhaps another day, bar one.

As it is Cup Final day, the memory of Bill Perry scoring that much needed goal to win the cup goes without saying, what a fantastic team they were, three one down and they never gave up.

Up the Pool.
By fourwalls 4 months ago
vs Brentford, 2007, Jo Kuffour tearing us a new one.
By sudds green 4 months ago
Sudds giving the Italians a footballing lesson
By Rossall Tangerine 4 months ago
Singing "are you Preston in disguise" to Spurs.
By Sir Stanley 4 months ago
Rossall Tangerine wrote:

Singing "are you Preston in disguise" to Spurs.

That was classic - so funny! :clap:
By rockontommy 4 months ago
George Michael's 'Fast Love' playing HT Vs Bradford home play off semi
By seasider 4 months ago
My first memory of seeing Blackpool on Match of the Day. Blackpool 2-1 Bolton in the FA Cup. Think it was 89.
By aylesby 4 months ago
There was a reserve match in the early 60's when their goalie kicked out at the 18 yard box and hit his defender in the back for the ball to go back over his head and into the goal.
By SpionBoy 4 months ago
Whitstable Tangerine I recall that game at dumpdale too. A cross from the left and a diving header by Brett to win the game for us. He did a somersault in front of the deepdale unfaithful!
By Hero-of-the-night 4 months ago
SpionBoy wrote:

Whitstable Tangerine I recall that game at dumpdale too. A cross from the left and a diving header by Brett to win the game for us. He did a somersault in front of the deepdale unfaithful!

Wasn’t a diving header, I think Shuttleworth crossed it and Brett nodded it in from the edge of the six yard box.

Adam Nolan scored a sort of over head / scorpion kick goal in the first half.

Happy days.
By whitstabletangerine 4 months ago
I think I am correct in saying that was my first visit to the new Bill Shankly stand and hearing a rare chorus of Worthington's Tangerine Army at the end, t didn't last long though, nine months later and he was gone.

Preston where way above us that season and looking for promotion, but in that game as well as Clarkson coming very close hitting the post another shot from a Pool player hit the bar just before Brett scored and I thought oh well a draw is a decent result here at Deepdale.
By seasider 4 months ago
How could I forget Mike Davies superb volley against the Nobbers in a 3-3 on their plastic pitch. I don't remember anything else of the game.