members do not see advertisements

Fred Chandler

By Thewiggy in

Blackpool FC

5 months ago
RE: Fred Chandler
By Thewiggy 5 months ago
Does that name ring a bell for some?

Apparently made 15 appearances and 2 goals for pool in 1935.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Chandler

Just found out my neighbour is his God daughter.

Moderately interesting fact for you all...as you were...
By Hero-of-the-night 5 months ago
Never heard of him. Pre world war 2 I think i could only name about 10 players in total!
By jockdodds 5 months ago
The Wiggy,

Me and my pal, Gerry Wolstenholme, the BFC historian went to visit Fred at his home in Crewe just before he died

If you let me have your e-mail I will send you a couple of photos that you can then pass on to his God Daughter

John

:clap:

Edit: Hi John, I’ve just taken your personal email and phone number off this post because it’s the internet and bad things happen here. Please feel free to send The Wiggy a private message with them on - cheers, Munkle
By jockdodds 5 months ago
Cheers Munkle ... I didn't know that you could send PM's on this site !

John
By munkle 5 months ago
jockdodds wrote:

Cheers Munkle ... I didn't know that you could send PM's on this site !

John

You can - if you need help with anything on here, just ask.
By munkle 5 months ago
Also, you can post photos on here - I’m sure we’d all be interested to see them.
By Thewiggy 5 months ago
jockdodds wrote:

The Wiggy,

Me and my pal, Gerry Wolstenholme, the BFC historian went to visit Fred at his home in Crewe just before he died

If you let me have your e-mail I will send you a couple of photos that you can then pass on to his God Daughter

John

:clap:

Edit: Hi John, I’ve just taken your personal email and phone number off this post because it’s the internet and bad things happen here. Please feel free to send The Wiggy a private message with them on - cheers, Munkle

Thats amazing!

She also showed me a letter written from one Bill Shankly congratulating him on his success - assuming they must have won something big. No mention in the letter of specifics but still a great thing to see.

members do not see advertisements