members do not see advertisements

Eye injury’s

By Hero-of-the-night in

General Chat

3 months ago
RE: Eye injury’s
By Hero-of-the-night 3 months ago
I got glass fragments in my eye today at work, me and my mate think we got them all out with my long nose pliers but you never know.

Has anyone else had glass in their eye and how do you know if it’s all out?
By tangerinejezza 3 months ago
Long nose pliers. :laugh:
By GynnSquarePhoenix 3 months ago
See an optician asap. They will use a magnifier and tell you if there is any damage or remaining shards.

Been there, only with metal filings...stupidly using a key cutting machine without goggles years ago.
By Qblock87 3 months ago
Look in a mirror. If you see a gormless ugly fucker looking back at you then your eyes are fine.
By tangerinejezza 3 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

See an optician asap. They will use a magnifier and tell you if there is any damage or remaining shards.

Been there, only with metal filings...stupidly using a key cutting machine without goggles years ago.

I had to take a workmate to A&E after he got glass in his eyes. They used a special dye so every piece could be found. Long nose pliers weren’t used at any point
By thetruth1953 3 months ago
Well Hero instead of being Harry Enfield's considerably richer character looks like if you don,t watch it you may become considerably blinder.

Get yourself to A & E straight away.
By Hero-of-the-night 3 months ago
This happened at 7:00 this morning and I’ve not felt a thing since we removed to broken glass, it was all on the edge of my eye lid and in my eye lashes. My pal said he got every last bit but he only put his glasses on half way through doing it.

Would I not be in pain if glass fragments was stuck in my eye?

I know it seems a stupid question but I’d imagine the pain to be acute and I’m not feeling a thing!!!
By coinslot 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

This happened at 7:00 this morning and I’ve not felt a thing since we removed to broken glass, it was all on the edge of my eye lid and in my eye lashes. My pal said he got every last bit but he only put his glasses on half way through doing it.

I know it seems a stupid question but I’d imagine the pain to be acute and I’m not feeling a thing!!!

Go to the Vic. They will check your peepers out properly.

They removed metal fragments from my eye 30 years ago.
By munkle 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

I know it seems a stupid question

You mate? No...
By North Shore Dude 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

I would still go to A&E just to make sure there were no shards of glass in my eye . I'd be off there this morning