members do not see advertisements

European drinking

By Hero-of-the-night in

General Chat

3 months ago
RE: European drinking
By Hero-of-the-night 3 months ago
Anyone suggestion for a nice 3night city break?

I’m looking at Hamburg, Kraków or Graz but I’m not even sure why I’m looking at them!!

I just want somewhere nice to sit and drink.

Any help would be appreciated.

The wife says she can’t be arsed looking and I’m cured of searching too.

Q, don’t bother telling me about Feathersten or where ever you live!!
By Magic147 3 months ago
We recently went to Malcesine on Lake Garda and it's absolutely superb.
By rockontommy 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

I’m looking at Hamburg, Kraków or Graz but I’m not even sure why I’m looking at them!!

I can vouch for Hamburg and Krakow.

Going with the missus?....Hamburg

Going with mates?.... Krakow

:thumbsup:
By munkle 3 months ago
Brussels. Don’t bother with the trip to Bruges - just stay in Brussels. Thank me later.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 3 months ago
FYI Your wife wants to lay on a sunny beach and be served fruity drinks by a swarthy waiter.
By whitstabletangerine 3 months ago
Amsterdam or Barcelona.
By tangerinejezza 3 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Amsterdam or Barcelona.

You can’t fault either of those two. Done both and had a great time
I’ve been to both Amsterdam and Barcelona before, both really good but onto somewhere new now!

Brussels... too scared of terrorist to go there.

GSP, you seem to know my wife very well, we are going to Palma on the 5th of August for two weeks so she can sunbathe then.
By TheSteed 3 months ago
Lisbon
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

I’ve been to both Amsterdam and Barcelona before, both really good but onto somewhere new now!

Brussels... too scared of terrorist to go there.

GSP, you seem to know my wife very well, we are going to Palma on the 5th of August for two weeks so she can sunbathe then.

If you’re scared about terrorists, then you’re best staying at home. Anywhere there a large numbers of people is a target.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 3 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

If you’re scared about terrorists, then you’re best staying at home. Anywhere there a large numbers of people is a target.

Calm down Jihaddy-Jezza!

:D
By CheshireSeasider 3 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

Lisbon

She can't be she's married to him!
By Magic147 3 months ago
It's quite understandable then.
I want to go to Florence at some point. As a city break.

Edit:

That’s Italy not “and the machine” before some smart arse chirps in :D
tangerinejezza wrote:

Edit:

I too would like to go there.
By thetruth1953 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Why not stay in the UK ? You state you just want somewhere nice to have a drink. Well this country has some brilliant places to see and guess what they are even nice to have a drink in.

At the start of May the long range weather forecast was for 3 months of hot and dry weather

well May was just that and the start of June is proving to be just that. So the weather should be good for the foreseeable future.
By whitstabletangerine 3 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

At the start of May the long range weather forecast was for 3 months of hot and dry weather

well May was just that and the start of June is proving to be just that. So the weather should be good for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately not everywhere, for most of May and so far this month we have had a very cold North Easterly blowing in from the sea resulting in temperatures in the day ranging from 13- 18 deg. with the exception of a two and three day spell over the two bank holidays.

Mostly cloudy, often with drizzle some days no sign of the sun for five or so days, yet just inland at Maidstone temperatures south of the North Downs are ten degrees warmer and a lot sunnier also.
By thetruth1953 3 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Unfortunately not everywhere, for most of May and so far this month we have had a very cold North Easterly blowing in from the sea resulting in temperatures in the day ranging from 13- 18 deg. with the exception of a two and three day spell over the two bank holidays.

Mostly cloudy, often with drizzle some days no sign of the sun for five or so days, yet just inland at Maidstone temperatures south of the North Downs are ten degrees warmer and a lot sunnier also.

About time we had the better weather than those who live darn souf!!
thetruth1953 wrote:

Why not stay in the UK ? You state you just want somewhere nice to have a drink. Well this country has some brilliant places to see and guess what they are even nice to have a drink in.

I’ve seen a awful lot of this country and work away most of the year. It would be a bit of a busmans holiday, if you get my drift?

I want to visit Norway but a little planning is needed to take full advantage of our time.

Without doubt the most beautiful place I’ve ever been is Scotland.

Life’s just too short to do the things we want.
By Leesthedaddy 3 months ago
munkle wrote:

Brussels. Don’t bother with the trip to Bruges - just stay in Brussels. Thank me later.

I worked I Bruges for 2 days, on the second night they ( the customer) took me wherever I wanted to go. We ended up wankered in some nightclub. Fucking top night, all paid for.
By Richard Head 3 months ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Edit:

Just got back from Florence. Jet2 flight Manchester to Pisa then a 45 minute train ride to Florence. Nice enough city but not our favourite, loved our day trip back to Pisa though
By seasider 3 months ago
munkle wrote:

I preferred Bruges!
By Richard Head 3 months ago
seasider wrote:

I preferred Bruges!

We loved Bruges, Did the overnight ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge, bus to Bruges, dropped our bags at our hotel about 10.00, 2 days and one night then bus back to Zeebrugge at 17.00 on the second day.

If you want a proper European drink I guess Munich in October is the place to be. We were there for the Christmas markets in December and as one of our waiters said, they have 5 million visitors in October, most of them pissed
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

I want to visit Norway but a little planning is needed to take full advantage of our time

I’ve done Finland ( arctic circle) if Norway is half as good you’d have a great time. Tho it’s expensive in those Scandinavian countries.
tangerinejezza wrote:

I’ve done Finland ( arctic circle) if Norway is half as good you’d have a great time. Tho it’s expensive in those Scandinavian countries.

I believe alcohol is very expensive, although I doubt you need too many pints to find their birds attractive!
By Bally 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

I believe alcohol is very expensive, although I doubt you need too many pints to find their birds attractive!

No but think how many drinks you would have to buy them
Bally wrote:

No but think how many drinks you would have to buy them

Window shopping mate, you’ve met my little Pitbull!
By Bally 3 months ago
She's anything but. You swam the channel there pal.
By Magic147 3 months ago
Another lucky bastard?
Magic147 wrote:

Another lucky bastard?

She is.