members do not see advertisements

How far will England go?

By seasider in

General Football

3 months ago
RE: How far will England go?
By seasider 3 months ago
Realistically, how far do you think England will go? Not qualifying for the knock out stage would be a disaster considering the group but then it's anyone's guess.
By Magic147 3 months ago
Winners.

THIS IS IT, IT'S THE BIG ONE, GET IN THERE LET'S HAVE IT.
By foggy 3 months ago
I think the next couple of tournaments should be measured by performance rather than results - if we are working towards a goal of being really good sometime in the 2020s. Our youth teams dominated this summer, it wasn't just a random thing like winning a u20s WC where you could argue it doesn't mean anything, I think doing really well and winning silverware at every youth level shows we have good players coming through who have potential.

Look at our team this WC and it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Germany, Spain, France...and I think tactically we are behind too. But for once I just hope we play freely and our young players don't get scared. This tournament is about showing promise, something to build on. I think if we can get to the quarters while playing exciting football this team can win some support from the country. A QF exit isnt the most exciting goal but it would be the furthest we have gotten since 2006. We would be playing Germany or Brazil most likely too, so a lot of things would have to go our way for us to progress any further.
By Rossall Tangerine 3 months ago
Agree with QFs. Decent and winnable draw up until then.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 3 months ago
I'm hoping for a semi!
By tangerinejezza 3 months ago
Foggy pretty much nailed it. Tho I still get the feeling that talent will go to waste.

Look at the 98 World Cup squad. Loads of youth and talent, but nothing to show for it.

Quarter finals I feel this time.
By thetruth1953 3 months ago
Quarter finals for me, lets hope we learn at this tournament and give Qatar a real go in 2022.
By Magic147 3 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

I'm hoping for a semi!

Aren't we all.
By seasider 3 months ago
Some good points above. Most importantly, we need to hope these players have the right quality and/or potential for the top level. I keep hearing on Talk Sport about how the future is bright but it's all well and good playing young players but they have to be world class or at least have the potential to be. Winning tournaments at youth level is certainly a good sign.
By Magic147 3 months ago
seasider wrote:

Some good points above. Most importantly, we need to hope these players have the right quality and/or potential for the top level. I keep hearing on Talk Sport about how the future is bright but it's all well and good playing young players but they have to be world class or at least have the potential to be. Winning tournaments at youth level is certainly a good sign.

Didn't you see Rashford's Ronaldinho impression vs the defensive might of Costa Coffee?
By seasider 3 months ago
amazing.... just ran out of pitch like Adie Forbes
By Tangerinenick 3 months ago
Winners.

All the way.

Make it a treble with Blackpool to win Division 1 and Burnley to win the Prem !
By seasider 3 months ago
Tangerinenick wrote:

Winners.

All the way.

Make it a treble with Blackpool to win Division 1 and Burnley to win the Prem !

It was all going so well until you said Burnley win the Premier League.
By Bally 3 months ago
Harry Kane said that England have a good chance of winning the World Cup.

I fully expect him to be banned from the tournament for failing a drugs test later today.
By Hero-of-the-night 3 months ago
Bally wrote:

I fully expect him to be banned from the tournament for failing a drugs test later today.

Ha, super strenth Smack.
By North Shore Dude 3 months ago
Bally wrote:

By daib0 3 months ago
think England will blow it...last 16 for me
By North Shore Dude 2 months ago
Quarter finals then bye bye

Hope I'm wrong and we win it. Realistically I think Belgium will win the World Cup