RE: Ipswich after Tilt
By Qblock87 3 months ago
Game Over.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 3 months ago
Do Ipswich even have a manager yet?
By Magic147 3 months ago
Complete non-club for me, I don't think I'd notice if Ipswich disappeared completely.
Magic147 wrote:

Complete non-club for me, I don't think I'd notice if Ipswich disappeared completely.

If the club did, I wouldn't. If the town did, I would!
By Qblock87 3 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

They had a great team in the early 80’s when Bobby Robson was in charge. Gates, Marriner,Brazil, the two Dutch midfielders and a keeper who always seemed to save pens.
By whitstabletangerine 3 months ago
We have never beaten them at their place and I very much doubt if I will ever see us win there.
whitstabletangerine wrote:

We have never beaten them at their place and I very much doubt if I will ever see us win there.

I don't know about that. They are in decline. An owner who doesnt want to spend money and a squad of very average players. Mick McCarthy did wonders with what he was given but the fans were bored and wanted something new. They have a high opinion of themselves some of the fans, they might well regret what they've wished for. Could see them being relegated this season depending who they get to take the reins.
By seasider 2 months ago
Apparently Tilt has handed in a transfer request.
By whitstabletangerine 2 months ago
Blues say they have made two bids for Tilt both rejected with the latest bid being £600,000.

They feel they do not want to pay over the odds for a player in the last year of a contract.

They may now be switching their attention to Toto Nsiala as an alternative.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 2 months ago

Blues say they have made two bids for Tilt both rejected with the latest bid being £600,000.

They feel they do not want to pay over the odds for a player in the last year of a contract.

Isn't he busy blessing the rains down in Africa?
By seasider 2 months ago
Not sure why we are holding onto him when Bowyer will not see a penny of it.

Maybe it's Oyston and he has set a price tag of 23 million.
By whitstabletangerine 2 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

Isn't he busy blessing the rains down in Africa?

Great song, brings back a few memories.
By Sir Stanley 2 months ago
I see he’s been given a squad number whereas Mellor hasn’t.
By seasider 2 months ago

They have signed that other defender so not sure if they will drop their interest in Tilt now.
By Rileyman 2 months ago
Why hand in a transfer request!! The lad was brought in from no where and has had two good seasons. He still needs further development and I’m not surprised Bowyer values him at £1m. Clubs will only pay what they think he is worth and at the moment there is only Ipswich in/was looking. Handing in a transfer request not only unsettles the player but also his so called team mates who don’t know whether he is going or staying. As a player don’t force the issue - the grass is not always greener on the other side eg. Potts, Alfred, if you are good enough someone will buy you.
By Magic147 2 months ago
If I was unlucky enough to find myself at OFC I'd hand in a transfer request as soon as anyone showed the slightest bit of interest.
By thetruth1953 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

If I was unlucky enough to find myself at OFC I'd hand in a transfer request as soon as anyone showed the slightest bit of interest.

If I was unlucky enough to find myself at OFC I'd hand in a transfer request as soon as I saw the training ground.

If I was unlucky enough to find myself at OFC I'd hand in a transfer request as soon as I saw the pervy owner.

Etc,etc
By seasider 2 months ago
Left out the squad so you would think a move is close. Ipswich have signed a defender there so will they still be looking.

Bowyer is right. It's unfair on football league clubs that the transfer deadline isn't before the season starts for ALL teams; not just the Premier League.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-boss-explains-tilt-s-omission-1-9286017
By Bally 2 months ago
Would Bowyer be moaning if he was at a club that had ambitions and spent money to improve their squad?

I doubt it. Bit like Klopp moaning that money is ruining football, then spending half a billion on players
By seasider 2 months ago
Apparently Ipswich have ended their pursuit of Tilt.

Matt Scrafton: Tilt and his agent met with Owen Oyston last night. As I understand it, Owen is adamant he won't be sold.
By Lincolnshireseasider91 2 months ago
I am sure if the offer was a million Owen would nd rubbing his hands together with glee
By seasider 1 month ago

‍Apparently now we are willing to accept an offer? That would be brilliant after just getting back in the team.

They are obviously looking at a loan deal with the option to purchase.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/curtis-tilt-still-an-ipswich-town-target-1-5665133

Hopefully bollocks but they are probably desperate after a poor start.

By seasider 1 month ago

Left out today. Obviously going.

By TheSuffolkSeasider 1 month ago

News down here is he will be joining on loan and then permenantly. Sounds like he would be on the bench in Ipswich fans views though.

By seasider 1 month ago

‍When asked if Tilt will remain a Blackpool player, he said: “We’ll have to see on Friday at tea time, we’ll have to wait and see. If he is, then hopefully he’s ready for Walsall on Saturday.”

By psychoste 1 month ago
The lad clearly wants off and I don't blame him. Staying with us in the current situation is not going to advance his career a single bit
By Tangerinenick 1 month ago
Given what is happening at Oyston Mill Owen needs the cash. My question would be can he use the money generated from the sale to prop up his failing buisness empire?
By seasider 1 month ago

‍Boss Paul Hurst says it’s now “very unlikely” that the Blues will sign Blackpool centre-half Curtis Tilt.

Town had appeared to have made some progress on their long-standing move for the 27-year-old yesterday, however, the deal appears to have hit what looks to be a further - and probably terminal - stumbling block.

“I would have liked [to have signed him], but I have to say that that’s looking very unlikely,” Hurst said regarding the Tilt situation.

A centre-half remains one of Hurst’s two targets ahead of Friday’s 5pm deadline and he could now turn his attention back to AFC Wimbledon skipper Deji Oshilaja, who was close to signing on the final day of the regular transfer window when we understand he was at Portman Road for talks. However, the clubs were then unable to agree a fee.

Hurst is also after a striker with former skipper Jon Walters being targeted, as revealed by TWTD earlier this afternoon.

Asked whether he expected things to go right to the wire on Friday afternoon, Hurst added: “I’d rather not, at least we won’t have to be up to 11 o’clock, not that it’s that late, although of late it does seem I’m getting a little bit tired before that time.

“In an ideal world we’d be before then, but it would be wrong of me to say it will be definitely, we’ll have to wait and see. We’re certainly hopeful of getting a couple in before then.”

Is he confident of getting the players he wants in? “Hopeful, I’ve made no secret of it and thankfully when we speak next week we can be talking about something different rather than ins and outs.”

By seasider 1 month ago

members do not see advertisements