members do not see advertisements

WC Match day thread - Belgium v England (3rd place)

By TheSuffolkSeasider in

General Football

2 months ago
RE: WC Match day thread - Belgium v England (3rd place)
By TheSuffolkSeasider 2 months ago
Some may have forgotten, most won't be interested - but the World Cup has the joyless celebration of a third place play off match to come and England are in it this Saturday.

Our squad players will get a run out against Belgiums reserves... Again. With the players minds no doubt on the upcoming season they will surely offer a masterclass of how to avoid injury and coast their way through 90 minutes in the hope it won't go to extra time.

I can't wait :D
By thetruth1953 2 months ago
I hope Southgate changes the whole side so that squad players can say they have played at a World Cup. Also it might piss off FIFA which can only be a good thing.
By seasider 2 months ago
Southgate will do. The clubs of those players will want it too!

The likes of Cahill, Rose, Arnold, Dier, Loftus Cheek, Vardy, Wellbeck will all get a game.
By Bally 2 months ago
I hope Pickfords already home
It was reported on Sky sports News that Southgate is going to pick his strongest available line up. Whether is that is just a clever turn of phrase as the main players will be unavailable remains to be seen...
By whitstabletangerine 2 months ago
Well, I just wonder how many on this forum would have thought four weeks ago that England would be in the 3rd/4th place play off match, I know I certainly didn't, a game is a game so I hope they win tomorrow.

I think the fans who travelled out there are worthy of a mention too, thoughts of violence and an expected mediocre performance from an inexperienced team of youngsters didn't deter them, must have travelled a few miles to see the matches, well done to them all for going.

The team might not be the finished article but credit to Southgate, he gone them playing for the shirt something that has been missing for some time, he would have learnt a good deal from this tournament so the rest of the footballing world best look out.
By tangerine77 2 months ago
Iam clinging onto the World Cup, dont want it to end. It's not like we have a club season to get excited about, just more drawn out bullshit.
By tangerinejezza 2 months ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Iam clinging onto the World Cup, dont want it to end. It's not like we have a club season to get excited about, just more drawn out bullshit.

Exactly!

We won’t be going to home games for a while yet
By foggy 2 months ago
tangerine77 wrote:

Euros U19s starts on Tuesday Chris! Paul Simpson in charge. Think all the matches are streamed on YouTube by UEFA
By Hero-of-the-night 2 months ago
Can’t even be arsed checking on the score today!

Football has died.
By seasider 2 months ago
Yeah not watching it. I can see our team is utter dog shite and Belgium are playing their strongest. Fuck that.

https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/status/1018113217770479620?s=09
By Magic147 2 months ago
Changed my mind, watching it.

Wish I wasn't.
By seasider 2 months ago
Really don't get why Southgate would persevere with Sterling and not give Rashford a go?
Good start.
By Bentent 2 months ago
Well worked goal for Belgium although not surprising England midfield went missing
By seasider 2 months ago
Oh dear. I fear a hammering
By Rossall Tangerine 2 months ago
Watching end of Nadal Djockavic instead. England relegated to the phone at the moment.
By Bentent 2 months ago
As a lot us footie fans are fickle aren't we - one minute it's coming home next it's fuck it the tennis is on/the sun is out/the car needs a wash/I've got some paint to watch dry :)

I'm just as guilty it's on in the background but I'm getting the BBQ ready for tea which is a better prospect than watching us get drubbed
By GynnSquarePhoenix 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

Really don't get why Southgate would persevere with Sterling and not give Rashford a go?

Southgate out.
By seasider 2 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Southgate out.

If he keeps playing Sterling he should be! ;)

Oh and Phil Jones.
By Magic147 2 months ago
Sterling really is fucking rubbish.

It's like he's a different player for England.
Loftus Cheek does run strangely with the ball.
Magic147 wrote:

He'll go and get ten goals in his first five games for City this season.
By seasider 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

He has been so poor this world cup. Everytime you want/expect him to have a good game but it never happens. England are not as good as Man City and he isn't good enough to shine in a poorer side. Terribly frustrating to watch. Rashford is over rated in my opinion but might as well give him a try.
Just had a look at the line ups, haha, that England starting eleven is probably the worst i have ever seen.

I’m going to watch it for a laugh!
I’ve seen two minuets now... that’s enough, I’m off to the pub!
By Bally 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

He has been so poor this world cup. Everytime you want/expect him to have a good game but it never happens. England are not as good as Man City and he isn't good enough to shine in a poorer side. Terribly frustrating to watch. Rashford is over rated in my opinion but might as well give him a try.

I really don't get your hatred of Sterling. Perhaps you always have to have a whipping boy. You must have been gutted when Pickford proved what a clueless football fan you are. The lad has run his bollocks off in every game, chasing long balls because of the lack of quality in miidfield. Him and Kane getting free kicks and forcing corners is responsible for most of Englands goals. You know, the ones that come from dead ball situations because we don't create any chances for strikers. I'm not a massive fan of him myself but there's been a couple of others in that team that have had a worse WC than him.
By seasider 2 months ago
Bally wrote:

I really don't get your hatred of Sterling. Perhaps you always have to have a whipping boy. You must have been gutted when Pickford proved what a clueless football fan you are. The lad has run his bollocks off in every game, chasing long balls because of the lack of quality in miidfield. Him and Kane getting free kicks and forcing corners is responsible for most of Englands goals. You know, the ones that come from dead ball situations because we don't create any chances for strikers. I'm not a massive fan of him myself but there's been a couple of others in that team that have had a worse WC than him.

Yes but Sterling plays for a star studded Man City so is it wrong to expect a bit more? The fact you keep praising him for chasing lost balls is quite frankly laughable. That should be a basic requirement for any footballer.

Why are you allowed to criticise Henderson (just because he plays for Liverpool) and I'm not allowed to criticise Sterling?

Give it a rest about Pickford as well, it's boring.
By Magic147 2 months ago
I've lost count of the number of times the ball has gone into Sterling and then we've lost possession due to a misplaced pass, blocked shot after he's taken 10 minutes to think about what he's going to do, or a bad touch.

And that's just in this half of football, if you went back and watched every game I reckon three quarters of our attacks break down when they get to him. He's crap, simple as that. Yes he knocks them in for City but he's a completely different player for England.

He's been the most disappointing England player of the tournament for me, by a long distance.
By Magic147 2 months ago
Sterling and Rose off for Rashford and Lingard.