members do not see advertisements

Transfer stories and news thread

By GynnSquarePhoenix in

General Football

2 months ago
RE: Transfer stories and news thread
By GynnSquarePhoenix 2 months ago
Raheem Sterling will be sold by Man City if he fails to agree a new contract by the end of the season. He is currently earning £175k a week and he wishes to improve it to £250k a week as he believes he should be earning the same as Aguero and De Bruyne.
By seasider 2 months ago
Don't make the same mistake again Sterling! Got away with the first one but Pep wouldn't hesitate to sell him in my opinion.
By Bally 2 months ago
He won't get that sort of money anywhere else
Barcelona make a third bid of £55 million for 29-year-old Chelsea winger Willian.
Everton are closing in on Richarlison from Watford for £40m.
By thetruth1953 2 months ago
Sterling delayed talks on a new contract as he thought he would have a blinding World Cup and be in a great position to get a substantial raise.

Didn,t quite work out did it Raheem.
You could argue that he had a better World Cup than Aguero.
By seasider 2 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

You could argue that he had a better World Cup than Aguero.

A lot of players had a better world cup than sterling who will be on a lot less. You would think after disappointing world cup, he would just his head down. Hopefully just papers just trying to bring him down again and the story is bollocks.
By Lincolnshireseasider91 2 months ago
Scottish Premiership rivals Aberdeen have sold Adam Rooney to English fifth-tier side Salford, who will pay the striker a reported £4,000 per week.

how can you justify paying 4K a week in the English 5th tier?

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44899609
By seasider 2 months ago
Salford are going to storm the conference.
By foggy 2 months ago
Feel sorry for the other clubs in the non league who don't have that money. It's just like it is in other leagues I guess, but usually those clubs aren't as celebrated as Salford are.
Billericay offering big money aswell I'm sure Jamie O'hara earns 7k a week with them
By rangers1945 2 months ago
It used to be the case that players wanted to play football now , rightly or wrongly, too many happy to warm the bench and pick up big money. Then add in greedy owners who I am sure buy players to stop other clubs getting them.

Regards Sterling, from a playing point of view he should have stayed at Anfield.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 2 months ago
rangers1945 wrote:

It used to be the case that players wanted to play football now , rightly or wrongly, too many happy to warm the bench and pick up big money. Then add in greedy owners who I am sure buy players to stop other clubs getting them.

Regards Sterling, from a playing point of view he should have stayed at Anfield.

They are normally of the opinion that they only earn this money between eighteen and thirty so they want to get as much as possible whilst they can. Then they either have to get lucky and land themselves a job in a big clubs coaching staff or in a TV studio, limited spaces. Don't think you'd see Sterling opening a pub after his career like some ex players of yonder years.
By foggy 2 months ago
rangers1945 wrote:

Lol. I'm pretty sure Sterling is quite happy playing for possibly the best team in the world, learning from definitely the best manager in the world, and sitting on his Premier League winners medal.
By Magic147 2 months ago
foggy wrote:

Lol. I'm pretty sure Sterling is quite happy playing for possibly the best team in the world, learning from definitely the best manager in the world, and sitting on his Premier League winners medal.

Doesn't he have any chairs?
By Bally 2 months ago
foggy wrote:

Did he not say that Klops teeth used to frighten him?
Dom Telford joins bury on a free from stoke

Didn't work out well for him after leaving BFC then
By rangers1945 2 months ago
foggy wrote:

Lol. I'm pretty sure Sterling is quite happy playing for possibly the best team in the world, learning from definitely the best manager in the world, and sitting on his Premier League winners medal.I

I am sure he is and good luck to him and hopefully he will get on the team sheet every week

Not quite sure how and when you measure the best team in the world.
Richarlison has signed at Everton for a transfer fee of £40m.

What a crazy market.
By foggy 2 months ago
rangers1945 wrote:

I am sure he is and good luck to him and hopefully he will get on the team sheet every week

Not quite sure how and when you measure the best team in the world.

He does. He played 33 games out of 38 in the Prem last year.
By Magic147 2 months ago
That's not every week.
By seasider 2 months ago
Rob Green to Chelsea. That must be to appease the number of home grown players in the squad. What a move for the lad.
By foggy 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

That's not every week.

Including double game weeks it probably is.

I believe the French refer to that as Le Cheque de Mate.
By Magic147 2 months ago
foggy wrote:

Including double game weeks it probably is.

I believe the French refer to that as Le Cheque de Mate.

They also eat horses tbf.
By thetruth1953 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

They also eat horses tbf.

They also surrender very quickly!
By Bentent 2 months ago
Cheese eating surrender monkeys
By seasider 2 months ago
Someone is after Brad Potts for 500k. He must have finished the well after a disappointing start.
By Magic147 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

Someone is after Brad Potts for 500k. He must have finished the well after a disappointing start.

Gambling debt?
Courtois to Real Madrid and Pickford to Chelsea?