General Chat

3 months ago
RE: Hottest day of the year
By tangerinejezza 3 months ago
Somewhere but not here .

Bloody humid today tho
By thetruth1953 3 months ago
I think its Suffolk, already had the farmers on saying there might be a shortage of certain crops,which will mean the inevitable rise at the shops.
By tangerine77 3 months ago
Fucking piss wet through with sweat.
By whitstabletangerine 3 months ago
It reached 89 deg F / 31 deg C just after lunch here today.

No wind up until 3PM and now a breeze from the South West, thank goodness.

I realise for some it is a tad tedious to keep records but I have done since I retired, just general weather, wind speed and direction, temperature and rainfall.

Last rained here at this location on Wednesday 23 MAY, will be nine weeks this week although I must confess last Friday we had some spots of rain not a measurable amount, in fact the road and pavements were left barely damp.
By tangerine77 3 months ago
We had a couple of days of torrential rain over here last week.
Yes I noticed that on the radar screen, must have helped a little, it has been a very strange summer thus far with High pressure dominating the UK, but not only that, since March we have had 74 days of wind from between North and East, not continually but out of roughly 120 days that is quite unusual.
By TheSuffolkSeasider 3 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

I think its Suffolk, already had the farmers on saying there might be a shortage of certain crops,which will mean the inevitable rise at the shops.

Was up North this weekend and I think the kids were shocked when water started falling from the sky. Then again both mine were born in Suffolk so indoor toilets shocks them enough! :laugh:

Back down here and it's 30 degrees Celsius at six in the evening. Too bloody hot for my Northern blood and no breeze.
By seasider 3 months ago
Drove to Pembrokeshire today and experienced all kind of weather on route. Started fresh in Blackpool and then suddenly got very hot around Warrington. Then pissed it down in Wales which gradually cleared.

Around Warrington area was definitely the hottest.

Probably my most interesting post ever.
By Bally 3 months ago
And no link to the Gazette

Just nice here in Cornwall. Yesterday was hot
By Magic147 3 months ago
Hot. As. Fuck.
By Hero-of-the-night 3 months ago
I’ve had my hoodie on all day in Glasgow. I think it’s always fucking cold up here.
Midday temp. at 32 deg C (shade temp) hottest day so far.

A few Cumulus clouds but no TCU's in sight, they are the clouds that look like the Alps rising into the sky and contain a drop or two of rain.

The East Midlands looks like a good bet, later this afternoon.
Meant to get up to 38 tomorrow!
Warm today but not hot. No wonder the Jocks are miserable cunts!!
By Bally 3 months ago
Got up to go fishing. The sky is black and we've just had a magnificent downpour. Think I'll give it an hour before we set off.
By sudds green 3 months ago
Slight breeze, but sun's beating down and the view across Morecambe Bay is as dazzling as any in the world
Today it is the hottest it has been here, at midday it reached 34.5 C , 94 F, it could have peaked now as high cloud has began to arrive, big bangs expected later tonight.
Got to 35 around here, still waiting on these promised storms and downpours. Even a cloud would be a novelty.
By Qblock87 3 months ago
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Today it is the hottest it has been here, at midday it reached 34.5 C , 94 F, it could have peaked now as high cloud has began to arrive, big bangs expected later tonight.

I knew you still it had in you Whits.
HaHa , if only.
Have enjoyed the rain and storms this past week!

However, sounds like it's over again for us in the South of the country and heatwave 2.0 is coming back for the start of the EFL.

That sound right, Whits?
Yes, sounds about right, the first Saturday of the football season is often hot with temps around 30 C.

I can remember a few years back we played at QPR in black kit with the temperature in London that day at 31 C.
Another sweltering day at 32 degC, but a breeze has picked up and thickening cloud forming so a few bangs seem likely as the thunderstorms set in the next few hours.

Much the same as you I would imagine Suffolk.

Weather does not look too promising for the demo on Saturday.
By daib0 3 months ago
30-32º?! You don't know how good you got it ...

passed 40º in most parts of Spain :eeek:
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Another sweltering day at 32 degC, but a breeze has picked up and thickening cloud forming so a few bangs seem likely as the thunderstorms set in the next few hours.

Much the same as you I would imagine Suffolk.

Weather does not look too promising for the demo on Saturday.

Think we had 34 in parts today. Been too hot for me again these past few days, and it seems I ain't the only one as there were a couple of people in town on Sunday who collapsed due to heat exhaustion and a couple more where the missus works. Our poor tree cutters are sweating in places they didn't know they could at my work thanks to all their PPE!

Had a downpour here already tonight, but didn't last long. Hoping for a lightning show overnight! Eldest isn't sleeping well in this heat so hopefully it will cool down from it too.

Daib0, I do not envy you!
Went looking around a beautiful village called Petra yesterday. The thermometer outside a restaurant said 41*c at about 13:30!

Too hot for exploring.
By Bally 3 months ago
Are you thinking of buying it?
By Magic147 3 months ago
How much are thermometers these days?
By Bentent 3 months ago
I wouldn't buy one i'd nick it

although they can be too hot to handle

(all my own work)
A little different here today temperature 18 deg C / 64 F and steady rain for the past couple of hours.
members do not see advertisements